• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Switch will be announced tomorrow (tomorrow=yesterday!)

ultrazilla

Gold Member
That's awesome news. Will it run at 30 or 60 fps? It's tempting to buy it for the third time because of the portability aspect but... nah. I've already played it to death on PS4 and PC.

The "rumors" I've read state that Blizzard is going for 60fps(something I think the Switch should be able to hit, even with all the crazy action...perhaps dynamic resolution in certain parts) and that the game will include ALL previous released content and patches right up to it's current status on Xbox One X, PS4/Pro and PC. So that's quite a bit of content and remember, Diablo 3 hit the consoles and it was full price at the time as well. I'd argue that with all the additional content(Necromancer add on included) that the Diablo 3: Eternal Collection is still a great bargain at full retail price. Cheers!

tkscz

While this is neat and all, full price for a port from 6 years ago ain't cool. Game should be $30 or something but a full $60 with no real incentive to get it other than handheld mode just doesn't sit with me.

Akuza89

Well Nintendo on Twitter have dropped the announcement

It ll also have Zelda content where you play as Ganon it looks like.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

This was a good announcement, done in Nintendo's iconic style.

*Reggie disdainfully points toward a free Switch he got in the mail*
"Do you know how many of these I already have?"

reggie-3-card.jpg

iconmaster

Banned
The co-op is interesting. It looks like it's both single-console and wireless co-op? Up to four players? Wonder about online co-op too.

Edit: from the Diablo site --

multiplayer with up to three friends, and crush demons from your comfiest couch cushions, no internet required—or fill out the ranks of your party online. You can play Diablo III shared-screen on a single Switch™, remotely on up to four Switches™, or combine TV and handheld play.

That's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Isn't this game about 48GB on ps4? (with Necromancer stuff)
Are we going to have another pointless physical release for the switch that makes you download basically the whole game?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't this game about 48GB on ps4? (with Necromancer stuff)
Are we going to have another pointless physical release for the switch that makes you download basically the whole game?

I think a big part of why it's so big on the PS4 / Xbox One is it's got a bunch of 4K textures that are pretty obviously missing from the Switch version. To be honest, it looked a little rough around the edges in the reveal trailer, at least compared with it's 4K counterparts.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Nintendo Switch - Now you can play with a handheld complete with graphical downgrades but pay console prices. Pre Order Now!
Its okay for me to pay the same price as consoles for a newly released game, but if the game is years old on other platforms and avialable for less then half their original pricepoint i dont agree that the Switch version should cost full price. i can accept 40€ though.

Last edited:

DonF

Its okay for me to pay the same price as consoles for a newly released game, but if the game is years old on other platforms and avialable for less then half their original pricepoint i dont agree that the Switch version should cost full price. i can accept 40€ though.
I hate the nintendo tax.
I'm still waiting to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Will I be able to use my Xbox Battlenet account that I used for Diablo 3 on Xbox? At the time I started the Xbox version I couldn't use my account from PC ....as they are different versions. I would assume that all consoles would be equal (except PS4 since they play alone). So can I just log into the same account that I used on Xbox?
?

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Any game I like that can be played while pooping for me is full price worth.
(doom, and now this... bathroom will become the most used room for gaming...)
mic drop.

Did you just discover handheld gaming with the Switch? Many people sat on the toilet while playing Tetris in 1989.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Vita lets you play with your ps4 if ur just gonna go shit 2...

also FIBER

DonF

Did you just discover handheld gaming with the Switch? Many people sat on the toilet while playing Tetris in 1989.
Some people act like laptops don't exist...even though laptops are less convenient bathroom entertainment.

Akuza89

Some people act like laptops don't exist...even though laptops are less convenient bathroom entertainment.
Depends how you look at laptops...

Anyway, assuming it sells well, which it should do, it bodes well for more blizzard titles dropping on the switch, I'd welcome hearthstone or overwatch should be possible now paladins is out..

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Depends how you look at laptops...

Anyway, assuming it sells well, which it should do, it bodes well for more blizzard titles dropping on the switch, I'd welcome hearthstone or overwatch should be possible now paladins is out..
Considering it's "free to play" Hearthstone is obviously next. They would have nothing to lose but only to gain by putting that on the Switch.

Vawn

Banned

Somehow everything that gets released for Switch, including the Switch itself, gets credit for being the first of kind.

People acted like Breath of the Wild was the invention of open-world gaming. People that trashed the Vita for years are buying many of its games on Switch and saying how amazing they are "on the go".

I feel like 90% of Switch owners bragging about playing console games in their bed (or, uh, bathroom) honestly dont even realize both the PS4 and XB1 can do the same thing with a decent Internet connection.

I love my Switch, but man does it get too much credit and very little accountability which has resulted in third-parties charging 2 or 3 times the price for the same games on other consoles.

Last edited:

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Something in my gut told me to wait on Diablo III. I haven't played it since I stopped playing the PC version. That was before "Loot 2.0" so it was awhile ago. I've always wanted to jump back in but I was waiting on the right package.

This is it.
Same here. I will finally be able to play it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Your custom usertitle confuses me.
I just dislike EA to the point I'd rather they don't publish any of their crap on the consoles I play the most. Which is a purely rational position to have ;p

goldenpp72

Nintendo Switch - Now you can play with a handheld complete with graphical downgrades but pay console prices. Pre Order Now!

As opposed to bringing your PS4 on the train? This also comes with the expansions, the price is fine for once.

scydrex

No, i played the game on PS4 and liked it. Will not give another $60 just to play the same game on Switch forget about it.

astroglide

I bought this on 360 because I love Diablo. I got it on x1 because its an upgrade performance wise. Still play it on the x. I'm not gonna buy it again to play the 360 version again. Especially at full price. If people want to thats on them

Redshirt

Banned
I'll still play the crap<- out of it on the Xbox/PS. PC is where you go when you're serious, but console version is a great couch co-op game.

Redshirt

Banned
Can you share accounts across platforms or you have to make separate characters?

You can't share accounts. PC is online only. The console are anything goes.

Not as great for competitive reasons, but super-fun for playing in the living room w/ friends/kids.

danielberg

Neophyte
At first it kinda sounded stupid, diablo on a handheld lol.. but it makes actually sense rifts, bounties, goblin routes for stupid cosmic wings etc are all short 10-15min time fillers.

Last edited:
I remember I wanted it on Vita but I already finished it once on PC (vanilla version) and once on PS4 (with expansion) so without new big expansion it doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom