• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Switch will be announced tomorrow (tomorrow=yesterday!)

Iaterain

Some people act like laptops don't exist...
Imagine if laptop owners were like nintendo fans, and any time a new game came out, they would come and say:

"Dark Souls III is portable only on laptop!";
"You can do poopoo if you play it on laptop!"
"pie_tears_joy:

Zog

Banned
Imagine if laptop owners were like nintendo fans, and any time a new game came out, they would come and say:

"pie_tears_joy:

Don't forget that every game would be 'perfect for laptop'.

Last edited:

Eteric Rice

I'm surprised Nintendo never made a Diablo style game. It's perfect for short multiplayer stuff. Now they don't have to, though. :D

Fbh

"pie_tears_joy:

"Ok guys, I know it's just a port of an 7 years old game but Vanquish on STEAM should totally be $60 if you are buying it on a laptop. You are getting:
- One of the best third person shooters ever
- Improved graphics and performance over the original console version
- For the first time the ability to play it on the go. I travel a lot and I can't take my Ps3 to a hotel room across the world, you know what I do have with me? my Laptop

So yeah totally worth the $60. It's fine if it's $20 on desktop PC's, those losers can't take it to work to play vanquish during lunch break"

Last edited:
Will this be cross play compatible with the Xbone X?

Example: Can I start a game at home in 4k on the best version of the game on the Xbone X? And then continue to play in lower quality (but playable) low-res version of the game via crossplay on a Switch on my way to work?

Last edited:
I don't really get the complains about the games price on Switch. Diablo 3 costs 70€ on PSN. 10€ more than the Switch version. :pie_eyeroll:
And no, D3 doesn't cost 20€ on PC, it costs around 45€ (D3+RoS and Necro), Retail isn't much cheaper because PC has no complete package with Necro. I am pretty sure that D3 will cost me no more than 50€ at launch, just like any other game I've bought so far (UK import).

Vawn

Banned
Will this be cross play compatible with the Xbone X?

Example: Can I start a game at home in 4k on the best version of the game on the Xbone X? And then continue to play in lower quality (but playable) low-res version of the game via crossplay on a Switch on my way to work?

Do you really want to know or are you just letting us know you have an Xbox One X?

Vawn

Banned
I don't really get the complains about the games price on Switch. Diablo 3 costs 70€ on PSN. 10€ more than the Switch version. :pie_eyeroll:
And no, D3 doesn't cost 20€ on PC, it costs around 45€ (D3+RoS and Necro), Retail isn't much cheaper because PC has no complete package with Necro. I am pretty sure that D3 will cost me no more than 50€ at launch, just like any other game I've bought so far (UK import).

I just checked Amazon. This version is $40 new on PS4 and $60 on Switch.

Do you really want to know or are you just letting us know you have an Xbox One X?

Okay then...

For the rest of us:

why-cant-we-have-both.jpg

Fortnight is the new standard. Why not Diablo 3?

Last edited:

Cyndane

Neo Member
Regardless of the price, it will be a welcome edition to have on the Switch. The Switch has games that try the forumla like Nine Parchments, but nothing comes close to Diablo's Diablo-ness. I look forward to playing it with my nephews and on the go.

Have you played it while taking a dump, though? Cuz I'll be honest. I'm intrigued.
i think Nintendo just found the secret sauce marketing campaign. If nothing else, the thought of this possibility instantly sells me on the prospect. My trips to the throne room tend to drag on due to a lack of fibre in my diet. Diablo Switch Edition...it may not make u shit...but u can grind one out while grinding!

Allandor

A 30 fps diablo 3 ... no way I gonna play this. I don't think it will be 60. Only if a miracle happened to the cpu usage of the engine.

VertigoOA

Banned
I still keep thinking of buying this but I only have the time for one loot/pve/pvp game and I’m gonna try to dive into two with Forsaken and Fallout in the next few months.

Maybe someday on the x or pro. Switch version is out of the question

Lanrutcon

Curious if it'll hold 60 fps during 4 player rifts. Because 60 fps in town, and 60 fps when 4 people are nuking the hell out of a screen full of rounded up enemies are two very different things...and rifts are 99% of what you do in Diablo 3.

If it's a solid port I'll grab it for my nephew.

Allandor

anyway you will not play it even if 60fps...
your mindset is already decided...you are more casual than hardcore maybe.
I already bought diablo 3 for the pc and xb1, a mobile version is a welcome addition, but it must run rock solid. And with the engine struggeling at 4 player coop even on PCs, I can't believe a 1ghz arm can handle this. Not without beeing a total different game.
Btw I have a switch, I just want more nintendo games for it that I didn't already play on the wii u.

Daymos

Price doesn't matter. You guys may make fun of people wanting to buy it on the switch and being excited but video games are a purely mental experience.

Having a shiny new system with a new way to play gets peoples happy chemicals flowing, then you plug a good game like diablo3 into that happy pool and they're smiling for 500 hours. Playing a $20 game on a boring old laptop just doesn't have the same capacity to hit that mental sweet spot as the switch.

Gaming is NOT logical! Preordering the $90 edition of some hyped out game is always going to make you insanely happy on day 1, and paying 9.99 for the game of the year edition of 5 year old dragon age inquisition is always going to make you bored as hell. Its just the way humans are wired. The point of gaming is to make yourself artificially happy for no good logical reason, just go with it.

Last edited:
I just checked Amazon. This version is $40 new on PS4 and $60 on Switch.

It is full price on PSN and Microsoft Store so it's not like the Switch pricing is ridiculous. It's also worth noting that when a game comes out for the first time on another system often times it is full price. This has happened in the past on the PS4/PS3 and Xbox One/Xbox 360.

Zog

Banned
A lot of people coming into a Switch announcement thread just to rag on Switch fans. Be better, guys.
Switch fans do it to themselves.

- Pretending that the Switch is the first handheld they have ever played and that they are amazed by it.
- Pretending that ports are somehow gold because they are on the Switch and can be played on the go.
- Pretending that every game is 'Perfect for the Switch' because it's a handheld.
- Pretending that Switch has revitalized gaming for them because it's a handheld.

The hype surrounding this system is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
- Pretending that the Switch is the first handheld they have ever played and that they are amazed by it.
- Pretending that ports are somehow gold because they are on the Switch and can be played on the go.

- Pretending that every game is 'Perfect for the Switch' because it's a handheld.
- Pretending that Switch has revitalized gaming for them because it's a handheld.

In my own life I have found these last two to be true. What's more, I am able to spend money as if they are true, and will continue to do so. If publishers want to take full advantage of the market opportunity I'm helping to provide... great. Everybody wins.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i will buy 2 copies of this game just so i can play it offline coop with no screen share

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Switch fans do it to themselves.

/imagine if most nintendo owners were first-time handheld players on the switch..
- Pretending that ports are somehow gold because they are on the Switch and can be played on the go. /newsflash: playing on the go takes certain equipment, and the switch provides that. yes, laptops do as well, but guess what -- that doesn't somehow make the switch non-portable
- Pretending that every game is 'Perfect for the Switch' because it's a handheld. /every game? sources?
- Pretending that Switch has revitalized gaming for them because it's a handheld. /it's a fact in my case. when you're out of your teens and have a family you begin to get the draw of handhelds

The hype surrounding this system is just ridiculous.
The effort of some bbbbut-how-dare-they-enjoy-something-I-dont's is just delicious.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
The effort of some bbbbut-how-dare-they-enjoy-something-I-dont's is just delicious.
The hype is ridiculous for the Switch. Yes, it’s a tablet with controllers but what’s new about that? You have been able to connect Bluetooth controllers to your mobile devices for years now. Portable gaming is nothing new either but to hear people talk about it, gaming on the toilet is brand new.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The hype is ridiculous for the Switch. Yes, it’s a tablet with controllers but what’s new about that? You have been able to connect Bluetooth controllers to your mobile devices for years now. Portable gaming is nothing new either but to hear people talk about it, gaming on the toilet is brand new.
Man, is that hard for you accept that people enjoying their Switch!!? You are one of those people that if they don't like something other people shouldn't either.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Man, is that hard for you accept that people enjoying their Switch!!? You are one of those people that if they don't like something other people shouldn't either.
No, I have no problem with people liking the Switch but the hype is over the top in my opinion.

Zog

Banned
Dude, a little friendly advice- let other people enjoy their lives, it doesnt hurt you.
In my opinion, hype is anti-consumer. Be reasonable when you talk about the Switch. Mention that while it may be a powerful handheld, it’s a weak console compared to it’s competition. Mention that the Joycons had problems, the vents breaking and so on.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No, I have no problem with people liking the Switch but the hype is over the top in my opinion.
Again you think that because you yourself don't like Switch. People can hype what ever they want and if you don't like the games or consoles other people hyping then thats mostly your problem. Then I also should be saying the hype for RDR2 is way over the top just because I personally don't like the series.

Spukc

In my opinion, hype is anti-consumer. Ve reasonable when you talk about the Switch. Mention that while it may be a powerful handheld, it’s a weak console compared to it’s competition. Mention that the Joycons had problems, the vents breaking and so on.

a86b734f-aeaa-4310-8f73-5b2de4574930-37737f70-2a9c-4e5a-83dc-8e60232287f0-the-grinch.png
hey grinch.

some people like the switch let them enjoy it.
go play on your "portable" laptop.

keep posting and i might just get 3 copies of the game just to piss you off.

Zog

Banned
a86b734f-aeaa-4310-8f73-5b2de4574930-37737f70-2a9c-4e5a-83dc-8e60232287f0-the-grinch.png
hey grinch.

some people like the switch let them enjoy it.
go play on your "portable" laptop.

keep posting and i might just get 3 copies of the game just to piss you off.
Let me just ask. What criticism of the Switch is allowed before you resort to personal attacks?

Spukc

Let me just ask. What criticism of the Switch is allowed before you resort to personal attacks?
no idea what i do find funny is that you make it your personal crusade to enter this thread just to cry about people enjoying their switch.Go play a game you enjoy.
it's like nintendo did something horrible to you.

Last edited:

Meh3D

I understand people think the game is too expensive. I think so too. Moreover, it feels like people only care now that the game is too expensive on the Switch. It's been (and still is) too expensive on the Xbox / PS4 . To get the same collection on Xbox/PS4 (non-disc) without the Nintendo exclusives / Portability / Switch features you must fork over 60 USD.

I checked and saw the disc version is available at 39.99 which is great. Not sure when this came out as the Eternal Collection on disc wasn't available when I wanted it earlier this year or Dec 2017 when I wanted with my shiny new Xbox One X.

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
Fwiw, Eternal Collection was on sale for $30 a few weeks ago, and that was the fourth time Blizzard had discounted it half off on consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom