• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Closed Beta - March 31 through April 3

Anyone who wants in can get in with no code... Just go to GameStop (US) EB games (Canada) on April 1st and they'll have codes for everyone according to the Doom site.

eh, another limited demo :p

"closed" beta starts 10PM tomorrow and is basically open on friday. Two hours of "exclusive" access from buying Wolfenstein :D

SephLuis

Guys, check the message from Playstation, the beta is downloadable now for us that bought Wolfenstein digital.

I am downloading here at least.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Got in, excited to give this a shot.

If it feels like Halo as some people have said that is what it looks like there will be no complaints form me.

I could see how a fast paced jumpfest halo mix would suck though.

Tainted

I'm all patched up and ready to rumble !

gPaAXi5.png

I just got a PS4 message welcoming me to the closed beta and linking me to the store page to download it, but there's no option on the store page to actually download it. I can only select "Overview" or "Recommendations",

Any ideas?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just got a PS4 message welcoming me to the closed beta and linking me to the store page to download it, but there's no option on the store page to actually download it. I can only select "Overview" or "Recommendations",

Any ideas?

LOL that happened in the last round of the alpha. Sony had to send out messages later with the proper link

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Any ideas?

You may have to waits until the beta is live. I don't think the alpha had a pre-load.

Edit: Ah, never mind.

DrKelpo

Banned
umm... i downloaded (but deleted) the alpha version, but can't find the beta on the german psn.
is it just not up yet or should i re-download and update the alpha?

wwm0nkey

I just saw this show up in steam but when i try and launch it gives me a strange error.

failed to start game unknown error..

anyone else getting this?
edit: i ran it from the folder and windows 10 pops up and says this app cant run on my pc and to contact the software publisher. wtf

the .exe isn't there yet

For those playing, do you feel that the game has a skill gap that compels you to keep getting better and better? Or is it more casual and silly fun (which is fine btw)?

From what I can tell, it looks more casual and easy.

Compsiox

Banned
For those playing, do you feel that the game has a skill gap that compels you to keep getting better and better? Or is it more casual and silly fun (which is fine btw)?

From what I can tell, it looks more casual and easy.

It's all about reaction time.

PC servers up? Have the Xbox One beta installed and patiently waiting to play online, but I do have one question - does the movement system work decent with a controller? Games like UT and Counter Strike I can "tolerate" on console but they're so much better on PC, whereas in general I like playing console games. This game demand precision or side movement like UT does?

I have an Xbox One Beta code but no Xbox One console anymore, would anyone be up for swapping it for a PC beta code that they won't be using? PM me. Thanks :)

Kevin

Where can I get a PC key? Will GameStop have PC keys tomorrow for the PC beta or is that just for the consoles?

Top Bottom