• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Closed Beta - March 31 through April 3

Kevin

Where are you guys getting PC keys at? Been super excited to try this and I just got a 980ti. Can anyone tell me what the framerate is for the beta?

It was only included for preorders and copies in the first week after release iirc. In my case I got lucky and got older stock when I purchased it alongside my PS4

Thanks, if the feedback for the beta is amazing I might preorder on PSN just so I can join in. Love me some Doom but I'm not sure I love it enough to plonk down 70 euros for a digital preorder.

Duraigo

Ce27gE2VAAEpcNI.jpg:large

Got my character and guns all pretty up'd for tomorrow. Bring on the slaughter!

1404439870363.gif

Malcolm9

As I was already in the Alpha I don't need to use a code, do I just download the Alpha demo again in order to play the Beta?

JDB

Banned
So the beta randomly showed up in my Steam library for whatever reason, yay?
Whenever I try to launch the game it says "Failed to launch game (unknown error)". Is this because the beta hasn't started yet?

JMizzlin

Went to redeem my beta code but apparently it's already been used :(

Say I was in the Alpha, would I have access to the Beta with the same app?

if anyone could help a brother out, im looking for a pc/ps4 code, I registered for the beta through wolfenstein when it first came out, but never got an email or anything, been checking every day but nothing.

yeah it would be greatly appreciated if anybody has an extra they arent going to use, thanks guys!

Sweet Ivy

Well, if there's a PS4 or a PC code someone can share I would really love to check this out, still on the fence about it and want to find out if it can be fun to me!

Thanks!

I've been waiting for this for almost two years and it says my code has already been used.

oh nevermind should've read the rest of the email

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I won an invite from Sony on my PS4 that lead to the download. That was nice

So, what time we gonna shoot?

Ashtar

Dang on the one hand I'm mildly interested in doom and have access through since I bought then new order, on the other hand I'm so sick of all these blasted demos and beta in my library! a real catch 22

Had a bit of a problem downloading the beta but I was finally able to. PlayStation sent me a notice last night that I could download the beta but I could only see that notice by using the PlayStation App (didn't show up on my PS4 notifications for whatever reason).

Afterwards I used the mobile PlayStation Store to find the Closed Beta because for some reason the beta doesn't appear if you're trying to search for it in the PS4's PlayStation Store. Also in the PS4's library the beta is listed as "MAIN MENU" for some reason until you actually download it and then the title reverts back to "DOOM CLOSED BETA". That one took a minute for me to figure out because I was expecting the Beta to be listed next to my Doom pre-order but I had to scroll down to the M's in order to find it.

I'm telling this story because hopefully it could help someone else that is having trouble finding the beta.

That's assuming you live near a GameStop or EB Games

Exactly. It's like some people don't even read the shit that they link to before they post. Not everyone lives near a Gamestop.

Ok, back to begging:

PS4 or One code, please. Thanks!

Assuming, yes. If you dont, you drive a little further or find another way. Code begging gets so fucking annoying on these forums at times. I feel for those who dont have access but maybe make a new thread for those to beg and share.

Drewfonse

Assuming, yes. If you dont, you drive a little further or find another way. Code begging gets so fucking annoying on these forums at times. I feel for those who dont have access but maybe make a new thread for those to beg and share.

Can you just PM me a code? This foreplay is killing me.

Had a bit of a problem downloading the beta but I was finally able to. PlayStation sent me a notice last night that I could download the beta but I could only see that notice by using the PlayStation App (didn't show up on my PS4 notifications for whatever reason).

Afterwards I used the mobile PlayStation Store to find the Closed Beta because for some reason the beta doesn't appear if you're trying to search for it in the PS4's PlayStation Store. Also in the PS4's library the beta is listed as "MAIN MENU" for some reason until you actually download it and then the title reverts back to "DOOM CLOSED BETA". That one took a minute for me to figure out because I was expecting the Beta to be listed next to my Doom pre-order but I had to scroll down to the M's in order to find it.

I'm telling this story because hopefully it could help someone else that is having trouble finding the beta.

Had the exact same experience on PS4. Though it prompted me to DL the alpha then it went and switched over to "main menu" on the DL then fixed itself to closed beta. Can verify everything seems to be ok.

Top Bottom