• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

Oh God. Thank you, Hori.

...and Square Enix's new awesome CEO who forced the idiot-one into the shadows, where he belongs.

I'm so happy.

ghibli99

For me, this was the best part of the entire presentation. Just knowing that DQ7 will be coming out already makes 2016 a standout year. :)

MLH

Amazing, amazing news!
This has made my day/ week/ rest of the year!

GodIsReal.gif

To everyone involved - thank you! Thank you translators, executives, and all the passionate staff pushing to make it happen. Thank you fans for never giving up or forgetting!
2016 is already looking better than 2015 for 3DS, one last bright blaze of glory before the end!

nikos

Wonder if I should hold out on the iOS versions.

iOS: Much better, and larger, screen. More accessible, as iPhone is always with me.
3DS: Buttons, landscape mode gameplay.

VII isn't available on iOS, as of now, so maybe I'll grab VIII there and VII on the 3DS.

Hilarion

So I've beaten Dragon Quest I, II, and IV, V, VI DS. Never played III or VII on. This is really exciting because I love this series. I guess I need to shove in time to play III sometime between now and this coming summer.

Is the Android version of Dragon Quest III any good?

Joqu

iOS: Much better, and larger, screen. More accessible, as iPhone is always with me.

VII isn't available on iOS, as of now, so maybe I'll grab VIII there and VII on the 3DS.

iOS version of VIII doesn't have the extra content the 3DS version has because it'd older unfortunately. Just a heads up since you might still want to play the mobile version but I'd hold out

Dineren

Banned
This makes me so happy. I didn't think there was any chance of either of these coming out here. I'll definitely be picking both up on release.

deleted

As a western DQ fan I might be ready to forgive SE for the last couple years. DQ Heroes on Steam and both 3DS remakes.

What a time to be alive.

Wait, what? DQ Heroes will come to PC? That's great news to me :)

I guess VII is too much more me. I looks nice and interesting, but from what I heard, it is long. Like really, really long. So I'll sit that one out most likely, but awesome news for everyone who was waiting since the PS1 era for this.

epmode

YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best Direct ever.

edit: Was it not in a Direct? I dunno, just got home. BEST NEWS THEN

This is great news. Dreams do come true. Looking forward to playing 7 as that will be new to me. Then another run through the beautiful 8. Better have the voice over from the PS2 version.

Nintenleo

Am I wrong or the mobile version of DQ8 is notoriously quite shitty?

Tizoc

Summer.

I can't wait until Summer.

My boy I waited a long time for Yokai watch
We all got by this year waiting for SF5 to release ths coming Feb.
We can all of us make it til Summer 2016
and bask in dat slime slaughtering goodness
Oh slime slaughtering
can'tbelieve I've missed that for oh so long

Raw64life

Wait, what? DQ Heroes will come to PC? That's great news to me :)

I guess VII is too much more me. I looks nice and interesting, but from what I heard, it is long. Like really, really long. So I'll sit that one out most likely, but awesome news for everyone who was waiting since the PS1 era for this.

It's a long game but the 3DS version is way more streamlined compared to the original. I haven't played the 3DS version, but the IV, V and VI remakes DS version nearly halved the completion time of the originals.

Celine

giphy.gif

Had lost all the hopes

Oh man, I'm so happy right now. Definitely pre-ordering both. The 3DS is going out with a bang.

I'm now hopeful for the 3DS version of XI coming to the west.

Top Bottom