• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB GAF CHALLENGES |OT| A Community is more than servers

Moozo

Jesus, you guys are getting into the 1:17's!? Impossibru!

Those high speed S's are a pain the ass.
Yeah, took me a while to get my head around those. For the first, flat out through the first kink in 6th, engine brake down to 5th for the second, no brakes, flat out on exit. You can run a bit wide here.
The second one is a lot more luck based, but I tried to stay off the kerb on the way in, hit the brakes as I roll over the big one on the left, double shift down, flat out on exit. A lot of the time you'll clip the edge of a kerb and lose the back end through what feels like no fault of your own.

Marlenus

I am down to a 1:18.6 but if I was able to string my best sectors together I would be in the mid to low 1:17's

I think a 1:16 is deffo possible because even my best sectors are a bit messy.

Greg

I've had 27.high 5s on that last sector, but nerves get the best of me any time the rest of the run is in place

I'd say another half second off is doable:
2t8HVFn.jpg

Nyx

Good feeling to know that I'm 9 seconds slower than a lot of you.

But I also got that trophy for beating your own ghost a few times in a row.

Now, how to shave off 9+ seconds...

edit: 1:24ish now, will get back with a definitive time and screenshot tomorrow.

Moozo

I've had 27.high 5s on that last sector, but nerves get the best of me any time the rest of the run is in place

I'd say another half second off is doable:

Nice job. You've got me well beat in the middle sector, not sure I can go any faster through there.

Greg

Nice job. You've got me well beat in the middle sector, not sure I can go any faster through there.
you can do it! I bet you can shave at least half a second from that sector really fast

try taking really aggressive angles throughout sector 2, and don't be afraid to go deep in the grass as long as you stay smooth coming out of it

it took me a while to stop playing it like a sim, but it makes all the difference

there's still another .6 to get out of sector 1 just from the speed difference out of sector 3 alone (this lap was from a fresh restart), and another .3 to get out of sector 3 - a mid 1:15 is doable

Marlenus

you can do it! I bet you can shave at least half a second from that sector really fast

try taking really aggressive angles throughout sector 2, and don't be afraid to go deep in the grass as long as you stay smooth coming out of it

it took me a while to stop playing it like a sim, but it makes all the difference

there's still another .6 to get out of sector 1 just from the speed difference out of sector 3 alone (this lap was from a fresh restart), and another .3 to get out of sector 3 - a mid 1:15 is doable

You can do sector 2 flat without leaving the track, maybe a fractional lift through the apex of the penultimate corner but if you got the turn in perfect and clipped the curb perfect I think you would not need a lift at all. I just cannot get a good exit from that chicane at the end of sector one so that is slowing down my S2 time.

Konosuke

We've found the 1st winner! I only managed a 1:17.327 on my last ditch attempt. Congratulations on that mighty lap time Greg, now please post a new 24h challenge! Try to use a circuit or a race track and a lower level car so that more people can join in.

Greg

We've found the 1st winner! I only managed a 1:17.327 on my last ditch attempt. Congratulations on that mighty lap time Greg, now please post a new 24h challenge! Try to use a circuit or a race track and a lower level car so that more people can join in.
in the interest of keeping things going along smoothly, do you want to pick the next event/car? I'm not going to be around my PS4 for a bit

Konosuke

Sorry for the delay, I've just woke up. Time for the 2nd GAF Challenge!
The_batman suggested a drift challenge that's a great idea!

You have 24h to beat this! Bonus cookie if you reach 15k points!

hWXbQWV.jpg

Same deal, just go to Single Event, select Drift mode and use these settings.

Car: BMW M235i
Time of Day: 07:00
Weather: Clear
Time Lapse: x60
Crowd Size: Large
Description: Go wide and flick yourself to glory! Get drifting!

v2Zqvv7.jpg

There's nothing like the smell of burnt rubber in the morning...

Stillmatic

Challenge #1: I could only manage around 1:18:2?? I don't know how 1:16 was achieved o_O

Challenge #2: This is my best at the moment. I'm not sure if I'll get time to try and better it.

driveclub_20141012130zecb7.jpg

There's much more room for improvement there.

Here's mine. I know I can improve especially the first and last sector as I've done alot higher on those maybe hit 13000 with a perfect run
drive.jpg

Time for a new challenge, this ones a time trial

Car: Mercedes Benz A 45 AMG
Time of Day: 15:00
Weather: Clear
Time Lapse: x15
Crowd Size: Large

Time to beat is 1:31.297

Will upload my pic tomorrow. Had to quickly set a time while in bed before goin to sleep.

Good luck guys. Although I'm sure u will beat it

Konosuke

MrWilson2912 wins GAF CHALLENGE #2! You got close to the bonus cookie too. I peaked at 10,814.

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912

For the next challenges, do you guys feel like 48h ones might be better?

Konosuke

Man, that was a long right turn near the end. I messed it up but still did good:

0X4N05C.jpg

Ended at night after running off track a couple of times on that right corner.

hVtat2W.jpg

For a while there were 3 ghosts racing with me, I even thought leaderboards were working. I was wrong.

Lol awesome job. I had another quick stab at it tonight but only managed to shave of a few hundredth of secs off my time. I say make it 48hr challenge. I wanna see how close I can get to your time.btw would be alot easier if I could see your ghost

heres my updated one. seems ur quicker in the second and third sectors
drive.jpg

Konosuke

Not sure how accurate the leaderboards really are at the moment but it seems you're right at the top, myself a "close" second which I find hard to believe :)

ZYh5YfJ.jpg

Edit: Update: 1:30.226

Leaderboards look nice there. Probably not too accurate since people can't connect to the servers. But I'll save this one for posterity!

Also a new best for me:

DQ9uap4.jpg

EDIT: Dang it Hedrush, you've beaten it again already!?

Hedrush

I cannot connect to the servers at all so my times aren't going on the leader boards unfortunately.

Yeah it took me a full hour to beat it, came close on so many occasions. It's a great track to drive also.

I'm sure you could get into 1.28 1.27 with a push.

Edit: well I'll be damned, I plugged my ethernet in and I got online at last.

Pretty neat that you can see the ghosts of the players closest to your best time. I was practically racing with Konosuke earlier. You messed up on the second to last turn on your first time :D Every time I managed to be ahead of you I messed that one up even harder, though lol

Auctopus

Thank you to the GAFfer that showed off using time trials/drifting to rack up accolade points. This one of my favourite things to do in the game and can't wait to post drifts up on the leaderboards. It makes your lap times much faster if you know when to drift too.

Konosuke

Yeah, thread gets buried too quickly. It's a shame. But a new challenge is coming soon from Hedrush since it seems no one will beat his time in 1hour.

That's a great track for a time trial, poor car choice though because few people have their clubs at level 10 or are able to connect. I love the Mono though. I managed a 0:41.579 in a quick session.

Auctopus

Yeah, thread gets buried too quickly. It's a shame. But a new challenge is coming soon from Hedrush since it seems no one will beat his time in 1hour.

That's a great track for a time trial, poor car choice though because few people have their clubs at level 10 or are able to connect. I love the Mono though. I managed a 0:41.579 in a quick session.

Yeah, good point :/ The only faster way though is the Pagani Zonda R (Club Level 15) or Mclaren P1 (Lvl 35 I think). Accepted your friend request btw.

Would you mind explaining this to the rest of us?

So, set up a time trial as a single event. Don't worry about the time and just practice the drifting. The India courses are pretty good for it. You'll be racking up points in no time - don't grind though - just practice and enjoy!

CLR_CMOS

Neo Member
So, set up a time trial as a single event. Don't worry about the time and just practice the drifting. The India courses are pretty good for it. You'll be racking up points in no time - don't grind though - just practice and enjoy!

Thanks ;-)

Konosuke

Yeah, good point :/ The only faster way though is the Pagani Zonda R (Club Level 15) or Mclaren P1 (Lvl 35 I think). Accepted your friend request btw.

Yeah, I'm seeing your ghost now lol. Is it just me or is this track a lot like Suzuka race track?

Konosuke

Ah, good. I haven't seen yours yet. Yeah, a bit. The descending/ascending corners are quite similar. Probably my favourite circuit in the game from a track design perspective.

Yeah, it even has the snake S and the underpass under the bridge. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Also sorry about this:

IYZ5lmZ.jpg

Time over on GAF CHALLENGE 3! Hedrush conquers India.

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912
#3 Time trial - Hedrush

New 48h challenge incoming!

Hedrush

Driveclub Gaf challenge 4.

Track - Sentralind Norway ( track 5 in Norway )
Car - Lotus Evora S Sports Racer
Time of Day - 15:00
Weather - Cloudy
Time Lapse - x30
Crowd Size - Medium

Time to beat 1:34.947

My hot lap
Usw6s5s.png

My Car
xvCjMsC.jpg

The Leaderboards
jSN1D69.png

Should see some quicker times here as there is lots of room for improvement. The final hairpin before the home straight can make or break your lap so watch for your back end slipping away. That top time could be beaten easily with a half decent lap.

theWB27

Driveclub Gaf challenge 4.

Track - Sentralind Norway ( track 5 in Norway )
Car - Lotus Evora S Sports Racer
Time of Day - 15:00
Weather - Cloudy
Time Lapse - x30
Crowd Size - Medium

Time to beat 1:34.947

My hot lap
Usw6s5s.png

My Car
xvCjMsC.jpg

The Leaderboards
jSN1D69.png

Should see some quicker times here as there is lots of room for improvement. The final hairpin before the home straight can make or break your lap so watch for your back end slipping away. That top time could be beaten easily with a half decent lap.

iL8RzdWszMRqk.jpg

GodofWine

Great idea, definitely going be active here.

How are 'we ' tracking all the times, is it through. The DRIVECLUB-GAF username friends list?

Number45

Post your screenshots for all to see, old school stylee! For extra retro points, take them with a terrible quality phone camera.

Top Bottom