• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB GAF CHALLENGES |OT| A Community is more than servers

Fonds

finally got pass Rookie Trophy taking my time and using the brake lol

I guess all that grinding helped me out too now I don't feel so weak sauce

Getting to grips with the cars in the lower classes really does help. Learning braking points is crucial to get a nice smooth line you can accelerate out of without spinning out on the exit.

Jump in on the challenges, best fun I've had in ages with a game!

Getting to grips with the cars in the lower classes really does help. Learning braking points is crucial to get a nice smooth line you can accelerate out of without spinning out on the exit.

Jump in on the challenges, best fun I've had in ages with a game!

sorry did not mean to post in the challenge thread, not ready yet need more practice can't go against these guys :)

but I love the idea of this thread

Vaga

10443286_869510383082280_6607666105431831905_o.jpg

Don't think I have the energy for more improvements on this track :)

Kudos for great track, and awesome ride..just hugs corners so smooth.

Almost did a flat 2:01....last turn Breh..came out full of grass like there's no tomorrow.

d5d8bb0044f8803abcf8a7903aaa5650_zpsb9e3325f.jpg

Hedrush

Kudos for great track, and awesome ride..just hugs corners so smooth.

Almost did a flat 2:01....last turn Breh..came out full of grass like there's no tomorrow.

d5d8bb0044f8803abcf8a7903aaa5650_zpsb9e3325f.jpg

When does this challenge end? I need to get back onto these challenges I've been to busy grinding single player.

Fonds

Well I tried getting back into the track, but don't have enough time left to commit to a good time. I'll just be happy with third... again.

Kudos to whoever takes it!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I have a 2:03.243 time to submit via screenshot, just going to try a few more attempts first.

*edit*

Battery went flat in the controller so that's me. I'm sue I would've cracked 2:02.9XX has I not clipped the grass so much exiting the last corner, alas. Had heaps of fun, looking forward to the next.

Someone (IE: Not me ;) ) should compile all the best splits submitted and see what time could be possible.

Konosuke

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912
#3 Time trial - Hedrush
#4 Time trial - GTR R35_Supra RZ
#5 Time trial - Vaga
#6 Time trial - Vaga

We have our first repeat winner! Can we say that Vaga is on fire? Congratulations!

Vaga

Came back from the gym thought I squeeze in a few laps..ohh chall over already.

Congrats Vaga !! neck to neck racing man, that's why I'm here . Why us slow dudes haven't launched a Club or something damnit ?

Gratz to you too man, sorry you didn't make it in time. Atm I own a level 11 club, let me know and I'll hook you up with an invite.

Thinking of a new challenge and will post shortly.

Vaga

GAF challenge #7!

Track: Cayoosh Point (1st one)

Time of Day: 09:00

Weather: Clear

Time Lapse: x15

Crowd Size: Med

Car: RUF RT12 R

Time to beat: 2:27.763

You can use the pre-order RUF that some of you got (me included), basically it's the same car with a different livery.

For a quick look of the track, this is me drifting around the first day I got the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59EK-rHMtk

Gen X

I assume this is a Time Trial, not a Drift?

*edit*
Didn't see you post your time at the bottom. Man, that dash reflection in the window is off putting to the max. Lol

Fonds

Awesome! Time for a new challenge.
Congrats vega!

Let's hope I want get schooled in the last two hours this time though. I think I've learned to keep my time to myself just before the deadline ;)

Gen X

Not feeling this one at all. Chucked in about 20+ laps and as much as I have bought my time down from 2:44 to 2:30, each time I race I just have no visual feedback of whether I am actually improving or not. I think I am doing really well then I approach the finish 2-3 secs slower.

*edit
2;29.520 now. Screen saved but will submit my time via screenshot before the comp ends.

Shaneus

That's about what I'm sitting on, give or take. I find the best time indicator towards the end is that massive right hand yellow sweep before the right red, and if you hit that before 2:00, you'll probably get a time around 2:30.

Gen X

I have two mental time indicators and they're about 20sec apart from each other. Just after the Red right you talked about anything under 2:08 will net you a 2:30 or less score.

It's a shame your personal splits only seem to appear when you're not connected to the servers.

Fonds

B0e8e3MIgAAXoaN.jpg:large

Just got into the 25's. Still a lot of room for improvement. I'll have a radio silence as far as my times are concerned for now... see if the Supra/ Vaga method works ;)
Luckily Evo are helping my efforts not to publish my times.

It's a bit of a stop 'n go car in my experience, hard to really get it into smooth lines. But I guess that's part of the challenge.

Vaga

Just got into the 25's. Still a lot of room for improvement. I'll have a radio silence as far as my times are concerned for now... see if the Supra/ Vaga method works ;)

I don't know what you keep insinuating friend, I have no method. I post my times as soon I complete the laps even if that means in the first, last hours or minutes before deadline.

Fonds

I don't know what you keep insinuating friend, I have no method. I post my times as soon I complete the laps even if that means in the first, last hours or minutes before deadline.

Hehe I'm just joking around. I'm just jealous of being beat is all ;)

Shaneus

I can tell where I'm losing a lot of time, but it just feels unnatural to take the corners any other way than how I'm doing them (mostly the ones towards the start). But that long sweeping right I was talking about, when taking that at basically full speed and barely-drifting around it... such a sublime feeling.

Fonds

I can tell where I'm losing a lot of time, but it just feels unnatural to take the corners any other way than how I'm doing them (mostly the ones towards the start). But that long sweeping right I was talking about, when taking that at basically full speed and barely-drifting around it... such a sublime feeling.

Yeh that is a really nice corner to blast through. You can fly past that barrier reaaaaally closely.

B0e8e3MIgAAXoaN.jpg:large

It's a bit of a stop 'n go car in my experience, hard to really get it into smooth lines. But I guess that's part of the challenge.

Lol it's really not like that, I post when I can brah. Got my PS4's here in the studio ( play on down time ) and at my places. It's random when I get to squeeze a few mins of gaming these days.

le-seb

OK guys, start to shudder, the RUF is starting to be my friend.
Now, I just only need to figure out how I can save these 10 seconds separating me from you...
(I'm just under 2'35, and fuck I'm proud of it)

Shaneus

OK guys, start to shudder, the RUF is starting to be my friend.
Now, I just only need to figure out how I can save these 10 seconds separating me from you...
(I'm just under 2'35, and fuck I'm proud of it)
Once you become friends with it, it's incredibly rewarding. Like a psycho girlfriend/fuckbuddy... might be mental, but she goes off when it counts ;)

Konosuke

It seems like we have a rivalry brewing...Two double winners now, can anyone else challenge these two? Congratulations to Supra!

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912
#3 Time trial - Hedrush
#4 Time trial - GTR R35_Supra RZ
#5 Time trial - Vaga
#6 Time trial - Vaga
#7 Time trial - GTR R35_Supra RZ

pop_tarts

There should be an OT of just best time on a track post a screen shot of your time. I'm currently trying to best every car on Tamil Nadu Circuit 1. I have all the hot hatches and Bentleys (I did about 12 hours ago before heading to work) Would like to see a OT of How Fast Did You Really Go. Can Gaf make this happen, or maybe make me a Member and I'll do it.

Top Bottom