• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB GAF CHALLENGES |OT| A Community is more than servers

Auctopus

iL8RzdWszMRqk.jpg

driveclub_201410141640zs87.jpg

Probably could've tried a few more times but Spelunky was calling!

themightycasey

Neo Member

Auctopus' time is a bit faster, but there is still room for improvement and under 1.30 should be possible if everything goes smoothly (aucto has me be beat by almost a second at first sector). Going for a jog now, but will try later or tomorrow again.

Fonds

So which one are we on now?

The evora on sentraltind norway? The merc in scotland isn't up to date anymore?

theWB27

That's a nice improvement, you're on pace to shave more. If you are connected and keep playing ghosts will eventually popup.

There were a couple ghosts racing with me and I think their times were still a few secs off. That first turn is killer. I raced well into the night....but I was distracted babysitting. I'll try a lil more later.

themightycasey

Neo Member
Had to take couple tries before I start getting ready for work, but don't seem to be able to find good driving lane for the second to last corner (the one with yellow flags). That's where I always end up losing time.

Probably won't have time to do any more laps today, so that's probably going to end up being the best time from me.

Hedrush

Had to take couple tries before I start getting ready for work, but don't seem to be able to find good driving lane for the second to last corner (the one with yellow flags). That's where I always end up losing time.

Probably won't have time to do any more laps today, so that's probably going to end up being the best time from me.

Very nice time. The best I could manage tonight was a 1:30:348. I was so close to getting in the 1:29s but that corner beat me.

Can't believe I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to beat the top time. It's 3am now and time just flew by, I shall beat it tomorrow/today but now it's time for bed.

Konosuke

Just finished a session, your ghost pulled me ahead. I absolutely love the ghost system and how it inserts new ghosts everytime you beat a target time. I managed to improve my time and earn Lotus accolade lvl 5.

lljf4xY.jpg

You can earn a lot of time (I was ahead once with 5 tenths(!) and then blew it in the final sector) in the first sector if you try to keep it close to the inside of the corners, I also saw you bumped in sector two and still went fastest. That was slightly annoying haha.

I was trying so hard to beat your ghost last night, nearly done so on a couple of occasions .

Edit : I think I bet it actually

Very nice time mate. I'm gonna hopefully get a sub 1:30 this afternoon. It's a tight fight at the top.

Preciate man! Are you the top time on the LB?

#1 in the world at the moment..time didn't sync tho, prob never will 😪

EDIT: It did!

695c7701fb996365a2d51e9b19f0f96e_zpsfa5f2c54.jpg

Greg

I'll join you guys again once the servers are good

no leaderboards and 90% of the time my ghost doesn't load for some reason - kind of ruins the fun for me when there's nothing to chase

Fonds

I've got a fifth global time atm... I think I can be cool with that for now :p

The track car combo aren't super up my alley :p
Can we vote on car track combo's for the next challenge? Or is this a dictatorship?

Konosuke

I've got a fifth global time atm... I think I can be cool with that for now :p

The track car combo aren't super up my alley :p
Can we vote on car track combo's for the next challenge? Or is this a dictatorship?

Challenge winner sets the next challenge, but nothing stops you from influencing their choice lol

Konosuke

I'm a bit late but GTR R35_Supra RZ is our 4th winner! Congratulations you have earned your place:

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912
#3 Time trial - Hedrush
#4 Time trial - GTR R35_Supra RZ

Now set a challenge for us!

Alright fellaz, sorry for the delay. Here's the challenge for the next 48h.

Fun lil' track, you guys will go Bananas with fast times on this one.

708c0d37-572b-4304-80bb-768e1087bc8e_zpsee3f8e0b.jpg

Time to Beat: 0:58.422

Car: Audi RS 5 Coupe

Track: Fraser Valley, CAN ( 6th Track )

Time of Day: 10:00

Time Lapse: x30

Crowd Size: Med

Weather: Clear ( yup, Race to your heart's content ;)

Gets busy and Have fun !!!

Konosuke

Sweet! Will have the Audi accolade done by doing this. My first session ended up at 0:59.619. It's going to be fun trying to cut those chicanes as much as possible lol.

Moozo

I'm in the 58s somewhere but I've no idea where because the game had a seizure when it reconnected to the servers and started racing me against a slower ghost and then wouldn't give me any split times. I finished the event and it had forgotten my other time. It wasn't a world beater of a lap though so I should be able to do it again.

This track is fun. Is it even used in the Tour?

Auctopus

Leaderboards still aren't really right, are they? I should be in the top 5 for the Norway track but I'm nowhere to be found on other people's leaderboards. Weird.

Will take a shot at that Canada track later today.

This track is a lot of fun with this car. Kudos on the choice!

I just posted a low 58. Even though my leader board won't update (Anne Kromhout), here's a pic. I hope i'll manage a 57 in the timeframe!

Thx! Can't blink on this track that's for sure.

Here we go, this took some effort:

Gawd damn..very nice! I might give it another shot. Itching for a new challenge.

Got in 57s, There's definitely room for improvement.
92911665764dc73159ebf3f3f66f7f34_zps9111d9f6.jpg

0:59:093 is all I could manage so far.
Suggestion: Winners of each challenge are encouraged to record & upload their winning laps for the losers to marvel at. (?)

Nope, it's the first track in the Ferrari Invitational event (Pro-Tour).

apologies, I might've missed it.

Fonds

0:59:093 is all I could manage so far.
Suggestion: Winners of each challenge are encouraged to record & upload their winning laps for the losers to marvel at. (?)

That's a cool idea! Don't have a capture of my lap anymore, but I'll probably get beat in the coming days. So I'll get a chance to capture another lap ;).

Top Bottom