• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB GAF CHALLENGES |OT| A Community is more than servers

Vaga

10714487_868025876564064_1997926052456959784_o.jpg

This took a couple of hours, could've shaved another 100ms but that last chicane was giving me so much trouble that I was starting to get really frustrated. Plus my hands hurt a lot, but definitely room for improvement. Will try to upload the lap later.

Aaaand my time didn't get registered on the leaderboards. Classic.

LE: here is the video of the lap

Nice! You definitely took the second red turn tighter than me, lol. I've found that staying inside on the last straight leading up to the finish line tends to give me slightly better times, so maybe there's still room for improvement.

And your time did get registered. You're sitting right at the top.

Vaga

Woohoo I see it now. Cmon guys, only a few hours left to beat me. :)

LE: Nevermind, forgot about the 48 hour deadline. Plenty of time to beat me dammit.

Impatient.gif

Fonds

10714487_868025876564064_1997926052456959784_o.jpg

This took a couple of hours, could've shaved another 100ms but that last chicane was giving me so much trouble that I was starting to get really frustrated. Plus my hands hurt a lot, but definitely room for improvement. Will try to upload the lap later.

Aaaand my time didn't get registered on the leaderboards. Classic.

LE: here is the video of the lap

I tip my hat to you sir, nice work! I'll try and match your time tomorrow!

Konosuke

I absolutely hate the sun in this track, it messed up some good laps I had going. I can't believe Vaga is almost on the 0:56, that's impressive.

I don't really like the track tbh. Too many gimmicky corners to my taste. I wasn't going to post a time but I see that my entry has already been posted;)

By the way. I can't seem to get my own entry be shown in the leaderbords.

Edit: I can see my name now.

Vaga

Good job Supra. Gotta hit the gym then I'll have another go at the track. That bump in the last chicane that throws the car sideways...

Auctopus

I feel like all I'm doing on this track is seeing how far I can cut a corner before it gives me a penalty.

Also, it might be because I'm failing break my 58.074 but I'm getting really tired of not even the leaderboards functioning properly anymore and I was one of Driveclub's most active defenders in the review threads.

Edit: Also, just saw that leaderboard and I should be sitting pretty in 3rd if the leaderboards would connect :(

Konosuke

Bah, I thought leaderboards were reliable now...last night it took more than an hour for ghosts to show up, but I thought it just that...

Fonds

Bah, I thought leaderboards were reliable now...last night it took more than an hour for ghosts to show up, but I thought it just that...

Yeh I've lost a lot of high ranked leaderboard places already with the connection issues.

The 57 I've posted on this track would be #3 behind vaga and supra. Same for the previous challenge. Hopefully the issues will be resolved in the coming week.

Fonds

And this will be my final entry, I'm sick of RS5.

Few more minutes and the challenge ends right? Will post the video soon if Supra doesn't post a better time.

Very, very nice... that time is godlike. At the moment I put down a 57,4 I thought I had it in the bag.
Nice to see there is always something left to push for... a 56, hotdamn.

Konosuke

Few more minutes and the challenge ends right? Will post the video soon if Supra doesn't post a better time.

Freaking impressive, we have a 0:56s time! Congratulations you win GAF CHALLENGE #5!

GAF CHALLENGE WINNERS said:
#1 Time trial - Greg
#2 Drift challenge - MrWilson2912
#3 Time trial - Hedrush
#4 Time trial - GTR R35_Supra RZ
#5 Time trial - Vaga

le-seb those entries are for the GAF league hehe and sansFrontieres needs you to be fast too ;D

Damnnnn! Good job bro..this man, true dedication right here folks.

Nah I haven't had a chance to sit down and knock a few laps, tbh..I'm glad it's over lol.

But dat 57.146 doe lol, insane.

Vaga

Alright GAF time for Challenge #6! Another time trial but this time a point to point race.

Track: The Kyle (1st one)

Time of Day: 11:00

Weather: Clear

Time Lapse: x15

Crowd Size: Med

Car: Mercedes AMG GT S (you need to download it off PSN, it's a free car)

Placeholder time to beat:

Good luck and have fun!!

Vaga

Damnnnn! Good job bro..this man, true dedication right here folks.

Nah I haven't had a chance to sit down and knock a few laps, tbh..I'm glad it's over lol.

But dat 57.146 doe lol, insane.

Thanks man, you too. Had some rough competition hehe.

Yeah that lap time, I was stunned to say the least. I just threw the pad away and went to get a drink lol.

Konosuke

I like the car, so tail happy and fast. And the track feels super fast too, and those bumps are so sneaky. Here's how the leaderboards looked a while ago, it's probably not syncing all the times.

1dJ6OiV.jpg

Fonds

B0TyN1oIUAAhcST.jpg:large

What I'm on atm. Always close, think I'll need a ghost for some reference. Frustrating that I'm not seeing leaderboards atm either.

But then again, having a blast with this track for about an hour or 2 now, so I can't complain.

Raikko

Neo Member
OkU5FEE.jpg

That first sector, so bad. Might have to play offline to get my ghost back to avoid that again, but I've been struggling in the first sector and especially the first corner. I'll have to watch some of the vids above to see where I'm going so wrong.

Edit: 2:04.961 final time for tonight. http://imgur.com/gUEhWuK

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The other one is not over yet?

Keen to give the Scotland one a go, but heads up, I can't upload a video due to only being able to tether my mobile for PSN (No phone line in the house as I live in the sticks). Will be able to post screenshot though, hope that's alright.

Fonds

The other one is not over yet?

Keen to give the Scotland one a go, but heads up, I can't upload a video due to only being able to tether my mobile for PSN (No phone line in the house as I live in the sticks). Will be able to post screenshot though, hope that's alright.

Sceeenshots are fine!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

If I didn't clip the grass and nudge the wall on the last high speed right hander before you turn towards the bridge I am confident I would've been in the high 2.03/low 2.04. Don't have time to attempt anymore tonite.

I'll start again with the fresh challenge tomorrow. Loved the car choice Vega, well suited, and congrats. :)

Btw, my PSN ID is Weak_Spot

finally got pass Rookie Trophy taking my time and using the brake lol

I guess all that grinding helped me out too now I don't feel so weak sauce

Top Bottom