• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB new tracks tease for 2016

City tracks!

fuckyeah1ezn2.gif

Ragona

This thread just reminded me to reinstall Driveclub. Havnt played for ages and just recently bought the season pass on sale! Should be in for a good time i hope.

The cities look very European to me, and correct me if I'm wrong but that seems like cobbled roads on what I can see in the bike picture.

Looks awesome though.

Here's a question for Rushy: Is a city track easier or harder to optimise than a country one? Because on the one hand you don't have to render miles and miles of "stuff" in the distance because buildings cover a lot of angles, but on the other you have to make sure they're nice and detailed. Which is more of a challenge, purely in terms of framerate and not graphics design/modelling?

ps3ud0

It's fine to be intentional, but it just looks overdone, imo. They just went overboard with the effects.
I dont think the actual game is going to be like that - more that these promo shots have been taken like that for a reason...

'They' :p

ps3ud0 8)

Scotch

I never really cared for Motorstorm, but this gen Evolution has become one of my favorite developers. I've never seen a game evolve like this. From the trainwreck at launch to PGR5 in all but name. What a steal this game has been.

Much love to Sony also for financing this stuff.

Sky Saw

Banned
You people really need to go back and play PGR again, the physics are completely different to Driveclub.

And the physics are what made PGR what it was.

Newlove

I love this game but man, it is difficult at times to hit those goals or move up through the grid despite seemingly never making a mistake. Frustrates me at times, but great fun (especially with Spotify playing in the background).

Looks like Switzerland ;)

Driveclub is still on track to be racing game of the gen for me...Polyphony better bring their A game this time!!1

Oneself

I love this game but man, it is difficult at times to hit those goals or move up through the grid despite seemingly never making a mistake. Frustrates me at times, but great fun (especially with Spotify playing in the background).
A recent update just added an easier difficulty option...

Super excited for this since I saw Rushy's tweets earlier today. Most likely Season Pass 2 but I think it's well-deserved, so I hope no one is complaining. The game has been all about the latest sports cars, and of course they're rightfully badass. That being said, adding a Classics section would be an awesome extension. Driving a '64 DB5 through the city course would make for a great photo op ;)

This game's support is insane. Definitely deserves a second life.

So is Evolution still in Sony's favour or what? Can they bounce back in the future with new games?

Scotch

You people really need to go back and play PGR again, the physics are completely different to Driveclub.

I agree that Driveclub holds your hand in the corners a bit more than PGR did, but come on now, they are not completely different.

Ding-Ding

So, as one of the pics looks like Edinburgh, does this mean a city track in the countries already ingame? (guessing not all at once)

Evolution's the studio of the generation so far, IMO. Can't wait to see more.

I wouldn't call them studio of the generation by a mile. But it's nice what they're doing. Remember, Evolution are only working On Driveclub as a service so this is expected, depends for how long they will go on for...

Sky Saw

Banned
I agree that Driveclub holds your hand in the corners a bit more than PGR did, but come on now, they are not completely different.

PGR was much more arcade in the sense that you could glide around corners similar to ridge racer (but much slower) and keep complete control, it had a perfect rhythm which hasn't really been captured since. Driveclub has a pretty mediocre driving model in my opinion, it goes for arcade thrills but holding a drift is too hard and not in a simulation type way, it just feels odd.

I agree.

Driveclub improved them.
Ba dum tss

Jabba

Banned

When people talk about DC, many mean, in the same spirit of PGR series, not that they handle the same.

Top Bottom