• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB new tracks tease for 2016

Jachaos

CITY TRACKS? YEEES.

Plus VR is coming too... the only thing this game is missing is Split Screen at this point (for me). That's been my most requested feature and now that weather, new country (Japan tracks), city tracks seem to be in, why not go for broke.

Gono

Banned
Cant wait to play new city tracks while listening to Richard Jacques MSR sountrack...

"This passion can't be a dream".

Namikaze

I really need to get back into this game. I beat the original set of races and got all the stars but have barely played any of the season pass content..

What an amazing game.

Games as a service rely upon fostering a community and providing legs via continual development and DLC, and the practice of premium maps/tracks set those two goals diametrically against each other.

I'd like to hope that we're in the final throes of this kind of premium map pack stuff we had last gen. It harms more games than it helps.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'll happily pay for season pass 2.0 full of cars, tours and liveries but please for the love of Driveclub do not release paid tracks.

I really like the idea of developers focusing on making one game better rather than leaving it to die while they rush out a sequel.

DRIVECLUB, like Smash Bros and Street Fighter IV, will be absolutely massive at the end of its run.
But at what point do they actually make a new game and not driveclub?

There whole model and studio will collapse of they stick to dc content for four years. Really hope they do have another game they are working on.

I like dc enough and it's a solid title but it's not anywhere near what the studio is capable of in wider tracks and more fun interactive physics. I'd be really let down if they showed dc 2 with this same basic structure.

The crew doesn't have the right physics to fill the off-road and arcade need.

No motorstorm, no kart racers, no ridge racer. I don't know. Stick to ps3 arcade racers I guess. Still firing up ms, Daytona and the like.

I can't get excited over the track news but new tracks is way better than the bike update.

wapplew

I really like the idea of developers focusing on making one game better rather than leaving it to die while they rush out a sequel.

DRIVECLUB, like Smash Bros and Street Fighter IV, will be absolutely massive at the end of its run.

In a perfect world, EA do this with FIFA so I don't have to buy full price every year.

I agree that they should re-release this game with all the DLC's. Would give quite a boost and new, better review scores isn't a bad thing either.

Bishop89

city track!

fuck yes.

vfeal30i.q3w.gif

tokyo at night would be great

I'm still shocked they did city tracks. Based on the engine and the enviornments in the vanilla tracks I wasn't expecting the game to ever get them. Kudos to Evolution.

I'm still shocked they did city tracks. Based on the engine and the enviornments in the vanilla tracks I wasn't expecting the game to ever get them. Kudos to Evolution.

I'd really love them to unlock the engine just so we can see how close to sixty FPS it can get in certain conditions. If this manages its rock solid thirty in cities with weather then it's one heck of an engine they have running.

kyser73

7G2vBni.jpg

K9zQkSP.png

Already posted it in the dc OT thread....

Building on the right is BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Pl, W1A 1AA.

Consider the 1st track central London. ;)

OH FUCK YES FUCK YES YES YES FUCK YES

Starting at Regents Park, down Regents Street into Piccadilly Circus, down Haymarket, Traf Sq, down Whitehall onto Parkiament Sq then I've Westminster Bridge, hard left onto Belvedere Place behind County Hall to finish up at the Eye.

Rushy, this was one of my fave 3am let's see how many greens we get drives (apart from the end bit, which always continued south past Waterloo)...I'm giddy with possible P2Ps in Central London....

Pif

Banned
Driveclub stays being one of the best racing games of the last decade.

It doesn't stop getting better. More content, VR and increased sales and community are going to make this game legendary.

Very efficient studio, these Evolution people.

I've read this statement tens of times now, and I still don't understand it?

Why would having buildings instead of trees affect how the handling model works?

People hate the fact that Driveclub has been turned around from a disaster to somewhat of a success, so whatever it takes to try knock it back down there.

Why would having buildings instead of trees affect how the handling model works?
Sweeping landscape tracks the cars feel designed for versus tight city tracks
People hate the fact that Driveclub has been turned around from a disaster to somewhat of a success, so whatever it takes to try knock it back down there.
If I was interested in pegging back something back that had been turned around I wouldn't be talking about the gameplay.

Wonder if they even need to make a sequel since they have been adding a ton of new content. This has to be one of the best supported games out there. Love the fact they didn't let the game die after a rocky start.

I'd gladly pay £40 for a season 2 pass. And I've not even finished all the content from last year, I just really want to support them for the effort they've put into this game.

Duallusion

I don't know what sort of magic Evolution Studios pulled but after more then a year of playing DC almost every day, I'm still not bored of it. It's my most played game ever!

This news pleases me greatly, suffice to say:)

It doesn't stop getting better. More content, VR and increased sales and community are going to make this game legendary.

Very efficient studio, these Evolution people.

I'm not sure 'efficient' is the right word considering how delayed DC was, and how long it took to get the online features up and running.

Still, love that we are getting city tracks. This is exactly the kind of location variety the game needs. DC has probably been my best value-for-money game this generation so far.

piccolo85

Hopefully they are putting the ingredients together for a sequel to Motor Storm 1&2. I want it like the first trailer.

I want them to annouce it by recreating the first reveal trailer for Motorstorm 1:1 and then end with "everything was running in engine on PS4"!

On topic:
This is awesome, I love the support this game is still getting. I hope there will be a season pass 2, just as packed as the first one!

7G2vBni.jpg

K9zQkSP.png

Already posted it in the dc OT thread....

Building on the right is BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Pl, W1A 1AA.

Consider the 1st track central London. ;)

How? The buildings, windows, the road, there's nothing even in the same ballpark to suggest that this DC shot is in that area of London.

DRIVECLUB cities are made up cities. Confirm Rushy.

benzy

How? The buildings, windows, the road, there's nothing even in the same ballpark to suggest that this DC shot is in that area of London.

DRIVECLUB cities are made up cities. Confirm Rushy.

They'll probably be fictitious tracks based on real-world locations/cities, like the other tracks. Not expecting things to be 1:1 like PGR where MS dudes went around and actually acquired the license for each individual building.

post_2_1136978684.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
They'll probably be fictitious tracks based on real-world locations/cities, like the other tracks. Not expecting things to be 1:1 like PGR where MS dudes went around and actually acquired the license for each individual building.

post_2_1136978684.jpg

That's my thought as well. Based on real locations but with the freedom of making it their own.

Sky Saw

Banned
So suspect.
You win.

I assume they mean that with city tracks comes the idea of 90 degree turns like in PGR designed specifically for drifting around, and whether or not Driveclubs physics will work well with that design. Obviously we don't know what the tracks will be like yet though.

Sweeping landscape tracks the cars feel designed for versus tight city tracks.
A fair concern, but as mentioned there are plenty of tight, technical tracks in the game too. Some of the circuit layouts and the post-launch road courses come to mind.

It'll be interesting to see more 90 degree turns and confined spaces though, that's for sure. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom