• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

Oh hell no! The handling is spot on.
It doesn't need to be changed to be more like GT, Burnout, Forza or whatever the hell it is you want it to control like.
The handling model is why I love this game so much.

Its ok, he prefers The Crew and thinks DC tries too hard.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Unless it already got stealth released, why would it be a joke? Something we were promised in October is still not here.

It was actually promised for November 2013.

SystemBug

I hope reviewers who deducted score points abide by their word and reappraise the game now everything is in working order.
The rain, photomode stuff wasn't in the base game. Its new content, its not something that was broken and fixed.

Should we re-review everygame that gets free dlc? Should we also go back and re-review titanfall?

Krakn3Dfx

That is literally jaw dropping. Evolution keeps chipping away at me to pick up this game, I'm tempted to take that free copy of KSR that I got from the MS Store snafu up to Walmart and try to trade it towards a copy of this now.

How is it? It is beautiful to look at and it adds a lot to the gameplay. This was never promised for launch, it is gravy on an already great game.

Not saying it won't add anything or that it won't look pretty or the game doesn't look pretty already. Just the fact that weather was missing from the game at launch is ridiculous. Even if it wasn't promised for launch the game should have been finished anyway considering it was already delayed. Not only that but there were and still are a myriad of problems with the game that still need to be fixed too.

People have shat on other games for far less

EDIT: I can see how my original post sounded now to people, I shouldn't have said people can't be excited for weather seen as it's an integral part of the game, just that it's bad the game didn't have it at launch to begin with

eso76

Huh have you already played it?

uh...no ?
but a video should be enough to tell driving through puddles doesn't produce a specific sound effect ?
Everything looks so real that you sort of expect to hear the typical splash.

That is literally jaw dropping. Evolution keeps chipping away at me to pick up this game, I'm tempted to take that free copy of KSR that I got from the MS Store snafu up to Walmart and try to trade it towards a copy of this now.

If you get excited at the thought of bombing supercars down awesome tracks, get this game. You won't regret it. The handling model is great, even cars with similar stats feel different due to their unique handling characteristics.

scsa

Brilliant news. Been waiting for it ever since the game launched. Those subtle details are amazing the facebook video.

Famassu

Lets put it this way, I loaded up Driveclub about 4 days ago and I still couldn't connect to their severs.
Then it's probably your connection that is shitty because the online has been working pretty close to flawlessly for weeks now for most people.

Read the Giantbomb review, it puts it far better than I can.
DriveClub's handling is perfect. You just suck.

Footos22

uh...no ?
but a video should be enough to tell driving through puddles doesn't produce a specific sound effect ?
Everything looks so real that you sort of expect to hear the typical splash.

Don't think tour gonna hear a splash when your engine is roaring at 150mph

Sande

It was actually promised for November 2013.
That's not how I remember it.

Or Playstation Blog.

Anyway, that's besides the point. What I don't understand is that someone must be joking when they expect to get something they were promised.

edit: Oh wait I thought you meant November 2014. My bad.

DieH@rd

Banned
znmgbl.gif

That footage is absolutely gorgeous. Truly looks amazing.

And I am sure I will buy it at some time down the line, I would have if the launch was smooth. So as a case of principle I will wait for the ps+ 'demo' though.

Famassu

No, I literally just read their review five minutes ago.
Doesn't make your opinion any more valid. There are absolutely zero problems with DC's handling, especially ever since they fixed the problem of morons online being able to spin you a bit too easily. The cars handle beautifully. Easily one of the most satisfying semi-arcade racers to drive ever made.

STEaMkb

I hope reviewers who deducted score points abide by their word and reappraise the game now everything is in working order.

The rain, photomode stuff wasn't in the base game. Its new content, its not something that was broken and fixed. Should we re-review everygame that gets free dlc? Should we also go back and re-review titanfall?

I'm referring to reviewers who later revised their score downward because of broken online functionality (emphasis added).

Now seems like a good time.

Doesn't make your opinion any less valid. There are absolutely zero problems with DC's handling, especially ever since they fixed the problem of morons online being able to spin you a bit too easily. The cars handle beautifully. Easily one of the most satisfying semi-arcade racers to drive ever made.

Best handling in a racer. The handling and track design are what make it my fav racer in years

Kilau

This is super exciting!

Challenges finally work, I get challenged all the time now lol.

Got my platinum finally as well, now weather update tomorrow.

Hopefully the PS+ version can go up soon so the rest of PSN can see just how great this game really is.

I wonder if there will be the option to have your own weather effects per race, like Rain for one snow fro next or both.

One thing that was a let down in Forza H2 was that rain was rare outside of some races.

It will be included in events in the DLC tour packs, not retrofitted in the main game events.

Weren't they showing weather in videos months before the game came out? I assumed that those were regular tracks in those videos but I guess not.

I bought the game around release but shelved it after a week or so waiting for replays and weather.

Looks amazing! Time to jump back in. It really is the most satisfying racer I have played in recent memory. The handling and tracks make it so tense. I bought Forza horizon 2 and while it has more to do it just didn't get me in that "oh shit oh shit" mode when racing and battling for first trying to hold even the slightest lead

Merun

Weren't they showing weather in videos months before the game came out? I assumed that those were regular tracks in those videos but I guess not.

I bought the game around release but shelved it after a week or so waiting for replays and weather.

All tracks already have a weather option. I think they will just add a choice for rain/snow in it. You can make a custom race with whatever weather you want.

Events are just preset race with objectives for you to get stars for the "career" mode. None at the moment were made with weather in mind, but chance are the next DLC will have some.

Vasili2K38

Good, I returned to the game with the Photo mode patch, and then in one week challenges and weather fixed, can't wait to try it :D.

Top Bottom