• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

kingwingin

Wow that looks incredible! I hope the ps+ version never comes Out. if you want to play the game, support the dev and buy it.

Wow that looks incredible! I hope the ps+ version never comes Out. if you want to play the game, support the dev and buy it.

support the dev that released an early access at full price?

what?

I'm not directing it towards those people. Just the ones who jump into every driveclub discussion complaining about no ps+ version yet.

that's not their fault, that's the dev's fault for fucking promising it. get real

I can understand the anger, we've been promised it since the PS4 announcement.

That being said, it'll come when it comes. I just wish that there didn't seem to be so many issues with online this gen, is MCC even working yet? It's just weird.

errr, im not talking about weather and to act like I am is ridiculous

What are you talking about then?

They gave us free DLC. They fixed the online system and challenge system, they have improved the driving model, they have been vocal about continued support and are now dropping quite a big weather update that will probably make it one of the most visually impressive racing experiences to date.

And you are spinning this into saying what exactly?

system11

It does have some interesting handling choices - it could do with being a little closer to an arcade racer. It would be more fun for example if a touch of sideways slide didn't kill your speed, or if certain cars (and there's a whole bunch) didn't have a binary 'spin out like a top' point. The worse examples of this can see you on full throttle understeering very slightly, then because you turn just a liiitle more to the left - bam the back end comes around past the front. Which is stupid. And the drift model blows.

And as someone mentioned the lack of customisable controls (generally, this is far from the only culprit) is problematic. I really wish I could put the gas/brake on the right analogue, I really don't like analogue triggers at all. I'd also like them to make the CPU drivers make more mistakes in the dark, I hate every single tour race in the dark, it's no fun at all when you can't see corners and the CPU can.

Drifters

Support a dev that delayed and under delivered in almost everyway?
Economies of scale. Battlefield 4 ring bells? They did (IMO) an amazing job given their team size and budget. Either way, I get that for the hard core gamers out their complaing about patching features post launch is frowned upon but you gotta hand it to them, they are making amazing progress lately.

What are you talking about then?

They gave us free DLC. They fixed the online system and challenge system, they have improved the driving model, they have been vocal about continued support and are now dropping quite a big weather update that will probably make it one of the most visually impressive racing experiences to date.

And you are spinning this into saying what exactly?

/facepalm

ignorance is bliss

I'm even more impressed than when they first showed off weather and my jaw dropped then.

I've had Driveclub since launch and it's a really good game. It's a shame Evo couldn't get everything right at release or this game would be getting universal praise.

Withnail

Been playing it a lot this weekend, I think it's phenomenal. Can't wait to try it with weather tomorrow. Very underrated game.

Hugstable

Banned

wow... people were promised it, calm the heck down.

Anyway great to see weather is finally coming out. Challenges seem really neat too, just glad to see this game working as good as it is considering how bad it was during the launch month. Game is great and deserves much better, and the PS+ version can help that but giving more people a taste of the actual game.

EDIT: Also Rushy, if you reading this, let us early adopters buy the Season Pass for 15-20$! I want the new content, but I'm not sure I want to drop a full 25$ on it yet, any discount, even if small, and I'll be down to pick the season pass up right on the spot.

Withnail

Economies of scale. Battlefield 4 ring bells? They did (IMO) an amazing job given their team size and budget. Either way, I get that for the hard core gamers out their complaing about patching features post launch is frowned upon but you gotta hand it to them, they are making amazing progress lately.

Not sure why because when Criterion did the same thing with Burnout Paradise people were in raptures. It's mostly just console war bullshit IMO.

It does have some interesting handling choices - it could do with being a little closer to an arcade racer. It would be more fun for example if a touch of sideways slide didn't kill your speed, or if certain cars (and there's a whole bunch) didn't have a binary 'spin out like a top' point. The worse examples of this can see you on full throttle understeering very slightly, then because you turn just a liiitle more to the left - bam the back end comes around past the front. Which is stupid. And the drift model blows.

And as someone mentioned the lack of customisable controls (generally, this is far from the only culprit) is problematic. I really wish I could put the gas/brake on the right analogue, I really don't like analogue triggers at all. I'd also like them to make the CPU drivers make more mistakes in the dark, I hate every single tour race in the dark, it's no fun at all when you can't see corners and the CPU can.

You should PM Rushy about this please. If more people request this, the bigger the chance they implement it.

kingwingin

wow... people were promised it, calm the heck down.

I'm no different than anyone else, I was promised the ps+ version too but people need to be realistic and realize they will have to wait until it's released or just buy the game.

This game is fantastic and worth the money

Tigress

sad thing there is that by the time that releases it should be possible to get the game cheaper physically than doing the upgrade

Which is why I'll be annoyed if they still want the 50 bux for the PS+ ugprade. It wasn't even like it was a great discount in the first place (shoot, I bet if I was patient and I checked ebay I could get the physical version for that much and I'd much rather have the physical version. 10 bux isn't enough of a discount for me to buy digitally honestly).

Honestly, it would be a nice little nod if they gave a much deeper discount for the upgrade as an apology for making us wait so long for the PS+ version. I don't think that's asking much (especially since most people who were really interested probably already went and bought it anyways rather than wait so it would probably be more likely to get the people who held out to actually buy it as I'm betting they were the less interested in the first place).

I'm enjoying it lot more now that challenges are up. I wonder if you can send someone a time trial challenge with dynamic whether turned on?

Khayam

Banned
I bought the PSN edition and the preorders bonuses didn't work.

I was asked to "restore licenses" but it was met with the same Error every time, probably because of Driveclub.

Was that solved ?

I thought this thread was about the weather patch...

you know, people tend to discuss more than just the main topic in a thread. My response was in reference to something else, as a reply to what someone else said, not the weather. that CAN occur in a thread you know. Just sayin.

smh

you know, people tend to discuss more than just the main topic in a thread. My response was in reference to something else, as a reply to what someone else said, not the weather. that CAN occur in a thread you know. Just sayin.

smh
I know plenty well what people tend to talk about in DC threads. The first post is a great example of that bullshit.

I do support Evolution, but I haven't been able to make a decision on getting it since I am not sure what to expect from the car handling. If it's not fun racing a car, then wouldn't it be a waste of money to get it? With PS+ at least we can get an idea of how the cars handle before making the full purchase.

whitehawk

Banned
I said I'd buy this when the Weather update was released, so I guess it's time. Hopefully there's a good sale on this month.

Top Bottom