• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014: $399 Xbox Ones "Flying Off The Shelves" at GameStop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means they say "already!" like they're surprised at a boost within the first day. Of course there's going to be - that's when most people will rush out and buy it.

I meant their would be a boost in sales immediately upon release. "Already" implies that they expected a boost, but not one so soon. Which is just weird given the SKU's release date was known for a month and presumably advertised.

Ahhh, ok.

If the $500 Xbox One is "very vibrant" selling under 100K in a month, the $400 Xbox One "flying off the shelves" must be over 100K right?

We need an MS sales expressions chart

"Strong" - 50k
"Very vibrant" - 80k
"Smashing" - 100k
"Flying off shelves" - 150k
????? - 200k?

firen

I was thinking of jumping on after the Halo announcement, then again the Wii U stuff looked great as well.

window-wiiu.jpg

Blackage

The real trick, fellow gaffers, is to find those people trying to get rid of the $500 Xbox One + Kinect for $400 or less, this is pretty much the best time to look for those deals, I saw quite a few of them on Ebay just going for straight up $400.

PR BS, take a look at the us and ca hourly amazon listings. PS4 is DOMINATING.

Yup. To be clear, that's not to mean that Amazon is the be all end all, of course it isn't, but it does offer a good indication of the general trends. The Kinectless X1 being so low is very worrisome.

The real trick, fellow gaffers, is to find those people trying to get rid of the $500 Xbox One + Kinect for $400 or less, this is pretty much the best time to look for those deals, I saw quite a few of them on Ebay just going for straight up $400.

There's been better deals than that. For example the TF bundle at $450 basically came out to $390 for the X1 + Kinect.

I honestly don't think a $399 X1 will make much of a difference. Price isn't the only issue.

statham

no wonder nobody wanted to post this thread, can't you guys see a little positive for xbox sales? sheesh,,,

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Flying on the shelves at Amazon, was #41 and sinking.

Two PS TV models ahead of it and Destiny ps4 bundle was at #3.

Erevador

Yup. To be clear, that's not to mean that Amazon is the be all end all, of course it isn't, but it does offer a good indication of the general trends. The Kinectless X1 being so low is very worrisome.
Yes, I'm honestly surprised at the lack of movement in the amazon numbers. I expected a better bump with the price cut.

Biker19

Banned
Doesn't seem to be making too much of a splash on US Amazon, so this report actually kind of surprises me. Then again, Gamespot always feels a little disingenuous in their excitement for video game things selling well.

Yeah right. Usually you can tell when there is real anticipation for a price drop/new SKU. This wasn't one of those times.

You're right. I find this news kind of skeptical.

I'll definitely wait for next month's NPD numbers.

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
Well they will need the help for June's NPD. May NPD prob was not good because many were waiting for $400 sku and E3.
Yea wall street put out an article yesterday that they only sold 180000 for. Which April was almost 4 hundred thousand. That new sku was the reason for that for sure

Toki767

no wonder nobody wanted to post this thread, can't you guys see a little positive for xbox sales? sheesh,,,

The line is worse than the X console improved by some percentage. I'm sure it sold more than the $500 model because well, it's $100 cheaper and there's no more Kinect. Other than that, we can really only wait for the NPDs to know just how much more.

Jomjom

Banned
Wonder why Gamestop never says PS4 is flying off the shelves, despite them actually flying off the shelves.

Yea wall street put out an article yesterday that they only sold 180000 for. Which April was almost 4 hundred thousand. That new sku was the reason for that for sure

I read that article. That was pure bullshit, the author was referencing Chartz.

So realistically, what happens if the price cut doesn't spur sales and they continue to be lacking? What does MS do? Another price cut, more bundles?

Wonder why Gamestop never says PS4 is flying off the shelves, despite them actually flying off the shelves.

No need to state the obvious probably.

It's because there's literally nothing positive about this.

It's all a lie and doesn't conform with reality.

It's just PR fluff to make Gamestop keep a good relationship with MS.

x-Lundz-x

So realistically, what happens if the price cut doesn't spur sales and they continue to be lacking? What does MS do? Another price cut, more bundles?

No need to state the obvious probably.

Stay the course and be happy with second place. And don't fuck up the console next go round.

I don't foresee any more bundles and cuts this year.

They can re advertise this year.
Launch periods are hectic. They still have a massive untapped crowd out there with no new next gen console. People will still buy this console in droves this Christmas.

And then they hope the software does the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom