• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
TLG should have been canned years ago. Even if it does somehow get released, all this pussyfooting around is what it's going to be remembered for.

Most people will buy the game, play it and enjoy it. Anyone who puts more emotion into it than that is honestly a little pathetic.

Kyoufu

Absolutely true, still doesn't detract from the fact they're still quite good IMHO.

Sony's are more unpredictable, both in a good and bad way.

I didn't think their conference was good last year. CG trailers of games that may or may not exist.

In hindsight, I don't think Sony's was good either, but for different reasons.

Somewhere at Sony there's bound to be someone happy that you're here. You're our regular Sony insider, but you also get banned regularly for trolling,which shows you're still one of us:)

ZpdIZKq.jpg

4OARqiV.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;161531614 said:
At most, the subtitle (which is believed to be Hyrule) will be revealed.

The release date still says 2015 on NoA's press page, they will likely change it to TBA by E3 or May 7/8.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule?

What did this come from?

Servbot24

Banned
I didn't think their conference was good last year. CG trailers of games that may or may not exist.

I thought Sony had good content. Pacing was a problem, but it's not like it's a film or anything. You can put half an hour of Powers in the middle of E3 as long as it's bookended by TLG and GT7 for all I care.

Boke1879

It also didn't help that insiders and many alike were hyping up the MS conference to high heaven. In the end we knew pretty much what they were going to show.

Sonys conference was decent but it had the element of low expectations. No one expected it to be great and in the end it turned out good and people were mildly surprised.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Sony fucked up with that overly-long Powers segment last year.

Kyoufu

Poor pacing, remasters of one year old games, Powers, a CG trailer of Bloodborne which your average person thought was being directed by Studio Ghibli's Miyazaki and a highly misleading Uncharted 4 teaser with the blatant lie of 2015 at the end of it.

Not good.

No Man's Sky was the big highlight for me.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule?

What did this come from?
Check the link I posted earlier. My wording was perhaps not the best, it was just suggested a few times in that thread.

delSai

I actually thought that No Man's Sky went on a bit too much, though i'm not really excited for it. But i can't disagree that the pacing was bad, i hope they learned and this E3 wont be as bad.
I would love the PSX pacing, games games games, someone talking about games, repeat, someone giving away free games, trolling and one more thing
a game.

Ushay

I think more than anything else, I'd want to see new IP's surfacing and bigger ideas getting implemented not just the same old franchises getting regurgitated. Like Guerilla's new RPG, whatever Lionhead and Rare are working. They should try and move away from what is established and create something that will define this generation. Halo, Uncharted etc defined last gen. It shouldn't really be the same thing again.

Hoping to see at least 2 new properties from each platform. I'm talking big games, not small scale investments.

I'm not as pessimistic as Kyoufu, but Sony's conference last year was 'so-so' first party content-wise. I liked it, but it just checked the boxes & that's about it.

New AAA IP announcement : Bloodborne [check] [-1 point for CGi trailer] ( though because we get gameplay 2 months later, it's not as bad as MS's triple CGi dosage in hindsight)
New AAA game announcement for Fall : LBP3 [check]
New AAA game announcement, next year : Ratchet & Clank [check] [-1 point for movie trailer]
Smaller scope digital/downloadable announcement : Entwined [check]
Smaller-scope announcement #2 : inFamous : First Light [check]
One Last Thing : Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End [check] [-1 point for being a previously announced game]

That was a hilarious announcement to look back to because I couldn't go on GAF for two seconds without... I think it was funkystudent? and some other folk talking about how MS surely would've landed NMS exclusivity.

Sorry if I'm wrong.

Servbot24

Banned
I think more than anything else, I'd want to see new IP's surfacing and bigger ideas getting implemented not just the same old franchises getting regurgitated. Like Guerilla's new RPG, whatever Lionhead and Rare are working. They should try and move away from what is established and create something that will define this generation. Halo, Uncharted etc defined last gen. It shouldn't really be the same thing again.

Hoping to see at least 2 new properties from each platform. I'm talking big games, not small scale investments.

Media Molecule's new IP seems like a fairly safe bet. Guerilla has a decent chance too, though I'm guessing just a CG trailer for that. Maybe Bend as well, though it's kind of hard to get excited about a horror game right now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Poor pacing, remasters of one year old games, Powers, a CG trailer of Bloodborne which your average person thought was being directed by Studio Ghibli's Miyazaki and a highly misleading Uncharted 4 teaser with the blatant lie of 2015 at the end of it.

Not good.

Haha well... the time of the HD remaster is not over.

Kyoufu

Haha well... the time of the HD remaster is not over.

I don't mind HD remasters, but you knew it'd be a slow year all round when remasters of 1 year old games were going to be the highlights of it.

At least now there should be enough content so that remasters aren't given a big spot, if any.

I don't mind HD remasters, but you knew it'd be a slow year all round when remasters of 1 year old games were going to be the highlights of it.

At least now there should be enough content so that remasters aren't given a big spot, if any.

Highlight? TLoU : Remastered got one short trailer, and that's it.

If anything, I expect the Master Thief Collection to be more prominently featured, because it'll be announced there.

Verendus

Banned
Somewhere out there, someone who was happy about upcoming work with SPE, and probably thought there'd be some cool stuff to show off in the future is probably all :( right now.

Thanks a lot SCEA. This wouldn't have happened if you controlled the Powers. What did Kanye say?! You gave it all to one man!

Kyoufu

Highlight? TLoU : Remastered got one short trailer, and that's it.

To me the final few spots are what I'd consider the most important to close the show with, and it was one of them.

Either way, last year kinda sucked. The only reason I enjoyed it was because I had just came out of the hospital so it was better than anything before it that year lol.

This year should be much better tbh.

I'm expecting a big segment for Morpheus. It's Sony's plan to release it in 2016 as far as I'm aware so I imagine they'll start pushing it at their conferences from now on.

VR isn't something I'm particularly interested in but I'm still excited to see the possibilities outside of that weird Tekken dating sim or whatever the hell it was supposed to be. Most notably the rumoured horror game from Bend. VR + Horror could be a game changer for the genre.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Because there is talk about applying hindsight, I think it's fun to look back at what people voted as their "Best of E3" on GAF.

2013:
Game of the Show: The Division [Not out]
- Runner up #1: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain [Not out; releases 28.5 months after E3]
- Runner up #2: Final Fantasy XV [Not out]

Best PC Game: The Witcher 3 [Not out; will releases 23 months after E3]
Best PS4 Game: Infamous: Second Son [Out; released 9 months after E3]
Best Portable Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [ Out; released 5 months after E3]
Best Wii U Game: Xenoblade Chronicles X [Not out]
Best Xbox One Game: Titanfall [Out; released 8.75 months after E3]

The categories changed between the years, so this is not a like-for-like comparison.

2014:
Game of the Show: The Legend of Zelda Wii U [Not out]
- Runner up #1: Bloodborne [Out; released 9.25 months after E3]
- Runner up #2: No Man's Sky [Not out]

Universal appeal (Most mentions): No Man's Sky [Not out]
Out in 2014 award: Super Smash Bros. [Out; released 3.5 months after E3]
Biggest surprise (games nothing was known about): Splatoon [Not out; will release 11.5 months after E3]
Play me again award (Most points for a re-release): Halo: MCC [Out; released 5 months after E3]
Most anticipated fighting game: Super Smash Bros. [Out; released 3.5 months after E3]
Most anticipated racing game: Forza Horizon 2 [Out; 3.5 months after E3]
Funded with KS award: Elite: Dangerous [Out; 6 months after E3]
Most anticipated add-on: Infamous First Light [Out; 2.5 months after E3]

---
If you look at the most anticipated games by going with the best of show category then you can see that out of the 6 most anticipated games across two E3s only one has released until this point.

Bloodborne released 9.25 months after announcement at E3, which is a good time when compared to other games.

If there's not a new Wild Arms, then E3 can fuck off for all I care.

I'm only 99% serious because I love E3 and will drink and stream and chat with gaffers and friends alike. Its like a party for us.

But Wild ARMs...plz. Verendus, please.

More RPGs in general period.

I am fully expecting a lengthy Call of Duty showcase at Sony's press conference this year, black ops 3 and details of their DLC timed exclusivity deal as we had at a Microsoft presser a few weeks back.

I believe Verendus said that a new VF is being worked on. And there's a Sony/Sega collaboration he talked about. I dunno if it's Yakuza, but that might be Virtua Fighter.

Definitely Streets of Rage...or Gunstar Heroes. Does Treasure still have that IP? Matter fact,

Where the fuck is Treasure?

In general, I expect Xbox to have a really good show. Sony will not reveal much because they spread their announcements around to other shows, I also believe they're trying to make PSX their biggest show of the year and that will be where all the huge reveals come. They will get by at e3 with third parties, indies and one new first party game.

* designated co-marketed multiplatform games

Microsoft
- Quantum Break demo
- Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal*
- The Division gameplay*
- Gears Remaster
- Halo 5
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Scalebound gameplay
- Crackdown gameplay
- Perfect Dark reboot teaser from Rare
- Battletoads reboot announced
- New Gears Of War teaser
- NFL all games streaming announced
- Holiday 2015 Xbox One slim announced - $349 + Halo 5 pack in

Sony
- Call Of Duty demo + PS4 bundle*
- Destiny expansion announcement*
- Star Wars Battlefront demo + PS4 bundle*
- Assassins Creed Victory demo*
- Indie showcase with focus on No Mans Sky and Hellblade
- Bloodborne dlc announcement
- Uncharted 4 new demo + Story Trailer + Q1 2016 release date
- Sony Bend new horror IP trailer
- God Of War 3 remastered gameplay trailer
- God Of War reboot teaser
- New Playstation Vue channels + deals
- Immediate price cut to $349
- FFXV demo + release date + timed exclusivity announced*

Others
- AC Victory, The Division, Rainbow Six, Far Cry 5 (2016) and Beyond Good and Evil 2 (reveal) at Ubisoft
- Mass Effect 4, new Visceral Star Wars games plus all the usual reveals at EA
- Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Doom at Bethesda
- No Half Life 3
- No The Last Guardian

In general, I expect Xbox to have a really good show. Sony will not reveal much because they spread their announcements around to other shows, I also believe they're trying to make PSX their biggest show of the year and that will be where all the huge reveals come. They will get by at e3 with third parties, indies and one new first party game.

Microsoft
- Quantum Break demo
- The Division gameplay*
- Gears Remaster
- Halo 5
- Scalebound gameplay
- Crackdown gameplay
- New Gears Of War teaser
- NFL all games streaming announced
- Holiday 2015 Xbox One slim announced - $349 + Halo 5 pack in

Sony
- Call Of Duty demo + PS4 bundle*
- Destiny expansion announcement*
- Star Wars Battlefront demo + PS4 bundle*
- Assassins Creed Victory demo*
- Indie showcase with focus on No Mans Sky and Hellblade
- Bloodborne dlc announcement
- Uncharted 4 new demo + Story Trailer + Q1 2016 release date
- Sony Bend new horror IP trailer
- God Of War 3 remastered gameplay trailer
- God Of War reboot teaser
- New Playstation Vue channels + deals
- Immediate price cut to $349
- FFXV demo + release date + timed exclusivity announced*

Others
- AC Victory, The Division, Rainbow Six, Far Cry 5 (2016) and Beyond Good and Evil 2 (reveal) at Ubisoft
- Mass Effect 4, new Visceral Star Wars games plus all the usual reveals at EA
- Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Doom at Bethesda
- No Half Life 3
- No The Last Guardian

I think this is a pretty realistic list. but i dont think Sony will make a deal for XV because 80% of its sales will come from PS4 anyways.

Microsoft
- Quantum Break demo
- The Division gameplay*
- Gears Remaster
- Halo 5
- Scalebound gameplay
- Crackdown gameplay