• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adachi

Banned
Sure, I'm not saying they won't show anything. Just that anything new they announce will be limited to short teaser trailers with a proper reveal coming at PSX because its better timed to push their big games. This is what they did with Bloodborne and are doing currently with Uncharted 4.

Well yeah, a game that's not coming out until sometime in late 2016 is defnitely not going to get a fullblown gameplay trailer at E3, that's true, something that's coming in the first half of 2016 might though and even if it doesn't we still won't have to wait too long for more since it'll probably be at every event after E3 as well, just like Bloodborne.

Did they even talk about Vita last year outside of "and this indie game is also coming to Vita"

I suspect more of that.

Also Fuck it. Maybe they announce Type 0 for Vita now. That would be a hilarious and very Square thing to do.

I know square announced more PS4 games would be coming, I wouldn't be shocked if we get news that Star Ocean: Second Story is coming to the Vita. I wish we could get Crisis Core and BBS as well. I'd buy all 3 day one.

Chris1

MS:

-Halo 5 & another beta
-Gears remaster
-Gears 4 teaser, buy gears remaster for beta
-Tomb Raider
-Scalebound
-Forza 6
-Quantum break
-Battletoads
-Banjo kazooie
-Phantom dust
-Crackdown
-Alan wake remaster
-Joe Montana
-Unannounced exclusive new IP or two for 2016/2017
-Hololens games from all their new studios

Ubisoft:

AC: Victory
Watch Dogs 2
Rainbow 6
The Division
The Crew 2?

EA:
Sports
Mass Effect 4
Battlefront
NFS

Dusky

Oh I thought you were talking about GG's new game. Never mind.

I hope this year they finally stop talking about Vita.

Couldn't agree more.

GoW3: R is getting released this Summer right? I'm sure it'll get a mention along with the likes of Journey and all the other Summer jazz. A montage will do.

Eolz

Because Nintendo doesn't do a conference and its hard to predict what they'll do due to the Direct format. It could be an hour or it could be a half hour etc. Whereas, Sony/MS have consistent times and formats.

But that doesn't make sense. We don't know what they're doing this year yet, and the format doesn't change what announcements they might make.

RPGamer92

Banned
MS:

-Halo 5 & another beta
-Gears remaster
-Tomb Raider
-Scalebound
-Forza 6
-Quantum break
-Battletoads
-Banjo kazooie
-Phantom dust
-Crackdown
-Alan wake remaster
-Joe Montana

Ubisoft:

Watch Dogs 2
Rainbow 6
The Division
The Crew 2?

EA:
Sports
Mass Effect 4
Battlefront
NFS
That would be a great E3 for MS.

Servbot24

Banned
MS:

-Halo 5 & another beta
-Gears remaster
-Tomb Raider
-Scalebound
-Forza 6
-Quantum break
-Battletoads
-Banjo kazooie
-Phantom dust
-Crackdown
-Alan wake remaster
-Joe Montana

Ubisoft:

Watch Dogs 2
Rainbow 6
The Division
The Crew 2?

EA:
Sports
Mass Effect 4
Battlefront
NFS

Poor child.

Chris1

Poor child.

?

Which part of it do you think is unrealistic? All of it seems very doable except for maybe The Crew 2(which I even put a question mark next to as I'm 50/50 on that). Since you are most likely talking about MS, I'll give my reasoning for expecting all of the above:

H5, Gears, Gears4, TR, Scalebound, Forza 6, Crackdown, QB are a given. They are pretty much guaranteed to be shown in some form at E3.

Battletoads - Phil had a battletoads shirt on a while back and this is a big year for Rare IP's supposedly, so I'm expecting more than one rare IP revived and Ken Lobb said PD wasn't apart of their plans.

Banjo Kazooie - Big year for Rare IPs, Kampfheld hinted at it being shown at E3.

Joe Montana / Alan Wake Remaster
- Heavily rumoured and it's pointing towards those rumours being true.

Phantom Dust - Well, MS says it's still in development just by a different studio, if it is we should see it this year aswell considering it was teased last year. If it's not shown, I'd say it's cancelled but there's nothing really pointing to that as of yet other than one version of the game made by an indie studio being cancelled.

Hololens games - We know they opened up a good amount of studios that we know are working on Hololens games, I imagine we'll see a good amount of their games showcased and to show off Hololens.

Unannounced exclusive new IP or 2 for 2016/2017 - We know Lionhead is working on a new IP and have been for quite some time, seems like a good time to show it off.

Obviously not all of those are coming out in 2015 and you would be silly to think so, but I think they all have a very good chance at being shown at E3 this year. Maybe the hololens games will be kept for another conference but we should start seeing some games made for hololens this year I would think.

Is there a reason why so many posters in this thread leave Nintendo out of their predictions?
It's funnier if you don't leave anything out.

In my case, I just don't follow them enough to make any predictions beyond the bleedingly obvious (Zelda duh). They also don't do a conventional conference. If they did announce one they'd immediately get a lot of attention because that would likely mean a new hardware announcement.

I'm curious to see if Microsoft locks down Mass Effect DLC (timed), it's pretty closely tied to the platform already...and I have a feeling EA access is killing it for MS/EA on the X1.

I'm expecting Victory at MS just because Sony seem to have everything else :p

Its obviously a rumor but there were hints online that Ubi had decided to go back to the PS4 as the lead platform for Assassins Creed.

I'm curious to see if Microsoft locks down Mass Effect DLC (timed), it's pretty closely tied to the platform already...and I have a feeling EA access is killing it for MS/EA on the X1.

Highly doubt it. If anything its quite the opposite because we'd have heard some hard numbers from either/both of EA or Microsoft if it was all that impressive. It also looks like EA is tilting back towards Sony at the moment. Microsoft will be heavily promoting Halo 5 this holiday season while Sony's pushing the third parties hard instead. Everybody wants to be seen with the winner and that's very clearly Sony at the moment.

Turkoop

Banned
Don't forget Batman: Arkham Knight, and probably next Destiny expansion (Comet, was it?). And I'm probably forgetting something... MGSV?

Well Batman coming after E3 in 2 weeks or so :p Guess they didnt want to show more gameplay
But its possible that Sony announce the next expansion pack of Destiny, also MGSV
Maybe one of SE's Game like Just Cause 3 or Hitman ? Or maybe Mad Max
And if we are lucky one of Bethesda's Game ^^

AC will be at Microsoft for a year or two more I guess.

Those game still sell 6 million + every year like its nothing so they are not going anywhere.

Well... did we ever actually get numbers for Unity? That game had real bad word of mouth. I wonder if that effected its sales any.

Turkoop

Banned
AC will be at Microsoft for a year or two more I guess.

Those game still sell 6 million + every year like its nothing so they are not going anywhere.

Well... did we ever actually get numbers for Unity? That game had real bad word of mouth. I wonder if that effected its sales any.

it was so bad that they dont dare to talk about

Auctopus

I wonder if Ubi will publicly acknowledge Unity's issues. I'd be surprised if they did but at the same time I'm interested in how they're going to present Victory when everyone in the room is probably thinking "Is this going to be a buggy mess?"

Circinus

Microsoft Studios / Xbox:

- Halo 5: Guardians gameplay demo (conference opener, Release: October 2015)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (gameplay debut, trailer. Release: September 2015)
- Fable Legends (trailer, gameplay features. Release: August 2015)
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- The Division (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- ID@Xbox sizzle reel, featuring: (Xbox One and Windows 10)
--- Gigantic
--- Inside
--- Ashen
--- Divinity: Original Sin
--- Cuphead
--- Space Engineers
--- Below
--- Superhot
- Age of Empires IV (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Windows 10 and Xbox One)
- Quantum Break (trailer, coming in spring 2016)
- Crackdown (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)
- Scalebound (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)
- Battletoads coming to Project Spark
- New Battletoads game, developed by Twisted Pixel Games (coming in 2016)
- New Banjo Kazooie game, developed by Rare (coming in 2016)
- Gears of War (Xbox One edition, gameplay trailer, coming in 2016)
- Gears of War IV (teaser trailer, conference closer)

EA:

- Star Wars: Battlefront (gameplay debut and multiplayer demo, conference opener. Release: November 2015)
- FIFA 16 (trailer)
- Madden NFL 16 (trailer)
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (trailer)
- Need for Speed: Underground (trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Mirror's Edge (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- Mass Effect (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New extreme racing game by Criterion Games. First-person, has ATV's, boats, helicopters etc (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New Star Wars game by Visceral Games. Story-driven 3rd person action-adventure game (short teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Ubisoft:

- Assassin's Creed: Victory (cinematic trailer, gameplay trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: The Division (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six: Siege (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release October 2015)
- Toy Soliders: War Chest (trailer. Release: August 2015)
- Child of Light 2 (trailer. Release: early 2016)
- Just Dance 2016 (trailer and demo. Release: fall 2015)
- Anno 2204 (trailer. Release: fall 2015)
- Rayman 4 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 (trailer, coming in 2016)

Square Enix:

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (trailer, coming November 2015)
- New Hitman game (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Just Cause 3 (gameplay demo, coming in October 2015)
- Star Ocean 5 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Final Fantasy XV (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Kingdom Hearts III (teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Bethesda Softworks:

- Doom (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- BattleCry (trailer, release date: 2015)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (new content and features trailer)
- Dishonored 2 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Fallout 4 (trailer, coming in 2016)

Juanfp

?

Which part of it do you think is unrealistic? All of it seems very doable except for maybe The Crew 2(which I even put a question mark next to as I'm 50/50 on that). Since you are most likely talking about MS, I'll give my reasoning for expecting all of the above:

H5, Gears, Gears4, TR, Scalebound, Forza 6, Crackdown, QB are a given. They are pretty much guaranteed to be shown in some form at E3.

Battletoads - Phil had a battletoads shirt on a while back and this is a big year for Rare IP's supposedly, so I'm expecting more than one rare IP revived and Ken Lobb said PD wasn't apart of their plans.

Banjo Kazooie - Big year for Rare IPs, Kampfheld hinted at it being shown at E3.

Joe Montana / Alan Wake Remaster
- Heavily rumoured and it's pointing towards those rumours being true.

Phantom Dust - Well, MS says it's still in development just by a different studio, if it is we should see it this year aswell considering it was teased last year. If it's not shown, I'd say it's cancelled but there's nothing really pointing to that as of yet other than one version of the game made by an indie studio being cancelled.

Hololens games - We know they opened up a good amount of studios that we know are working on Hololens games, I imagine we'll see a good amount of their games showcased and to show off Hololens.

Unannounced exclusive new IP or 2 for 2016/2017 - We know Lionhead is working on a new IP and have been for quite some time, seems like a good time to show it off.

Obviously not all of those are coming out in 2015 and you would be silly to think so, but I think they all have a very good chance at being shown at E3 this year. Maybe the hololens games will be kept for another conference but we should start seeing some games made for hololens this year I would think.

I don't think they will show Crackdown and Phantom Dust. And I think that QB and Alan Wake will be at Gamescon like last year. The other things are very likely.

Liamc723

I don't think they will show Crackdown and Phantom Dust. And I think that QB and Alan Wake will be at Gamescon like last year. The other things are very likely.

They'd be foolish not to show Crackdown, but I'm not sure on Phantom Dust after all the controversy with the original developer shutting down.

- Halo 5: Guardians gameplay demo (conference opener, Release: October 2015) yup
- Forza Motorsport 6 (gameplay debut, trailer. Release: September 2015)trailer only
- Fable Legends (trailer, gameplay features. Release: August 2015)nope, this will probably be on the show floor but not in the presentation
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (trailer. Release: October 2015)not in the presentation
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)yup
- The Division (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)yup
- ID@Xbox sizzle reel, featuring: (Xbox One and Windows 10)yup
--- Gigantic
--- Inside
--- Ashen
--- Cuphead
--- Space Engineers
--- Below
--- Superhot
- Age of Empires IV (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Windows 10 and Xbox One)I doubt it
- Quantum Break (trailer, coming in spring 2016)yup
- Crackdown (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)live gameplay demo
- Scalebound (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)gameplay demo
- Battletoads coming to Project Sparknope, Battletoads is a 2d game but Project Spark is 3d; 0 percent chance
- New Battletoads game, developed by Twisted Pixel Games (coming in 2016)Yes but not developed by TP
- New Banjo Kazooie game, developed by Rare (coming in 2016)50/50
- Gears of War (Xbox One edition, gameplay trailer, coming in 2016)yes
- Gears of War IV (teaser trailer, conference closer)yes

EA:

- Mass Effect (teaser trailer, coming in 2016) yeah but I think this will debut at MS
- New Star Wars game by Visceral Games. Story-driven 3rd person action-adventure game (short teaser trailer, coming in early 2017) maybe

Bethesda Softworks:

- Doom (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)yes
- BattleCry (trailer, release date: 2015)yes
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (new content and features trailer)50/50
- Dishonored 2 (trailer, coming in 2016)50/50
- Fallout 4 (trailer, coming in 2016)yeah

All in all, these would be some great conferences.

Hubble

- Halo 5: Guardians gameplay demo (conference opener, Release: October 2015)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (gameplay debut, trailer. Release: September 2015)
- Fable Legends (trailer, gameplay features. Release: August 2015)
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- The Division (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- ID@Xbox sizzle reel, featuring: (Xbox One and Windows 10)
--- Gigantic
--- Inside
--- Ashen
--- Cuphead
--- Space Engineers
--- Below
--- Superhot
- Age of Empires IV (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Windows 10 and Xbox One)
- Quantum Break (trailer, coming in spring 2016)
- Crackdown (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)
- Scalebound (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016)
- Battletoads coming to Project Spark
- New Battletoads game, developed by Twisted Pixel Games (coming in 2016)
- New Banjo Kazooie game, developed by Rare (coming in 2016)
- Gears of War (Xbox One edition, gameplay trailer, coming in 2016)
- Gears of War IV (teaser trailer, conference closer)

EA:

- Star Wars: Battlefront (gameplay debut and multiplayer demo, conference opener. Release: November 2015)
- FIFA 16 (trailer)
- Madden NFL 16 (trailer)
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (trailer)
- Need for Speed: Underground (trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Mirror's Edge (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- Mass Effect (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New extreme racing game by Criterion Games. First-person, has ATV's, boats, helicopters etc (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New Star Wars game by Visceral Games. Story-driven 3rd person action-adventure game (short teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Ubisoft:

- Assassin's Creed: Victory (cinematic trailer, gameplay trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: The Division (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six: Siege (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release October 2015)
- Toy Soliders: War Chest (trailer. Release: August 2015)
- Child of Light 2 (trailer. Release: early 2016)
- Just Dance 2016 (trailer and demo. Release: fall 2015)
- Anno 2204 (trailer. Release: fall 2015)
- Rayman 4 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 (trailer, coming in 2016)

Square Enix:

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (trailer, coming November 2015)
- New Hitman game (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Just Cause 3 (gameplay demo, coming in October 2015)
- Star Ocean 5 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Final Fantasy XV (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Kingdom Hearts III (teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Bethesda Softworks:

- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (new content and features trailer)

I think this guy is onto something..

Chris1

Wasn't it supposed to last year, but was pushed out because MS E3 was too full? It also debuted at E3 I believe back in 2013. I can see it being at E3 then Phil Spencer walks out on the stage "That's not all that's coming from Remedy next year, pre order Quantum Break today and get a free copy of Alan Wake Remastered at launch."

Crackdown will be at E3, it's their showcase for the cloud. I don't see it not being there. It pretty much has to be.

If Phantom Dust is still a thing I think we'll see it at E3, if not because the teaser debuted there, then just to show people that it's still in development. Whether or not it's still in development or not is another story, but I think it is.

Sayers

Microsoft
-Open with Call of Duty
-Division, Tomb Raider and AC Victory Demos
-Gears Remastered and Gears 4 teased
-Close with Halo 5

EA
-Battlefront gameplay Part 1
-Sports
-Need for Speed
-Mass Effect 4 teaser
-Mirror's Edge

Ubisoft
-More AC Victory
-More Division
-Just Dance
-UbiArt Game
-Watch Dogs 2 teaser

Sony
-Uncharted 4
-Battlefront gameplay Part 2
-Sony Bend game
-God of War 4 teased - it still stars Kratos and is still somehow about Greek mythology, they'll be going as safe and unimaginative with this one as they can
-Adam Boyes' Indie PC ports

What we will NOT see
-Banjo Kazooie
-Beyond Good & Evil 2
-The Last Guardian

can I do a wishful thinking one?

I want a remaster of the Zork series

Activision I believe owns this and they actually did a remaster way back in 1996
doe Sega and PlayStation -Japanese only
and Zork among the 10 games in the Game Canon in the Library of Congress

Chobel

Didn't verendus say something about there being 3 sony 1st party games at e3 in another thread. Some of the sony predictions look pretty weak

Yeah, he said 3 "notable" first party games that "no one knows about officially yet. Those 3 games may include GT7 and/or GoW4 though.

MattyG

Banned
Bethesda Softworks:

The best part about this is that it's totally realistic and probably accurate. I'm so fucking excited for Bethesda's conference. Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4, GIMME.

(I'm still holding firm to my 2015 Fallout 4/2016 Dishonored 2 prediction.)

AESplusF

Some people seem to think that there will, or could be, a reveal for FFXVI.
At first I thought that would be pretty premature but if you really think about, it's probably been in development for quite a while now considering that FFXV wasn't initially planned as a mainline game.

Salty Hippo

What the heck is misleading about stating exactly what the game is? Exclusive console debut = game appearing first on PS4 before anything else

how is that misleading?

He's right, Boyes loves to do that. He announced Grim Fandango as a PS4/Vita exclusive last E3 when that game was always going to be released on PC day one.

Eolz

In my case, I just don't follow them enough to make any predictions beyond the bleedingly obvious (Zelda duh). They also don't do a conventional conference. If they did announce one they'd immediately get a lot of attention because that would likely mean a new hardware announcement.

Thanks for the answer. They are in a difficult situation in that people might expect hardware if they do some traditional conference again yeah, which would be weird since they did an E3 direct only for 2 years.
DOOM beta available after Bethesda's presentation.

I can see that happening but...
That would be lovely but I think they will hold out for quake on in August for that

... a Quakecon beta launch would make more sense though. I'm sure Doom will be their main E3 game though.
Still betting on Fallout 4 releasing November 2015. Would line up with Todd Howard's comments.

I'm ready to bet it won't be released this fall.

aly

He's right, Boyes loves to do that. He announced Grim Fandango as a PS4/Vita exclusive last E3 when that game was always going to be released on PC day one.

PC's aren't consoles. Console debut= First on PS4, but that doesn't mean the PC version hasn't already came out or comes out the same day. I think he slipped up on Grim Fandango since he did it with everything else.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm guessing for Sony:

Open with a 5-10 minute Uncharted 4 setpiece demo

Activision stuff:
5-10 minute gameplay demo for Black Ops III
Destiny trailer for the new expansion
Bungie guys come on stage and talk for too long

Sony 1st party:
Uncharted Collection, holiday release
Ratchet and Clank gameplay reveal and release date
Horizon announcement
Media Molecule new IP announcement
Gran Turismo 7 announcement
Until Dawn gameplay and release date

3rd party:
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
Star Wars: Battlefront gameplay reveal + bundle announcement
Final Fantasy XV trailer
Metal Gear Solid V trailer
Persona 5 trailer

Indie:
The Witness trailer
No Man's Sky trailer
Indie montage for all the indies coming to PS4 this year

Other stuff:
Morpheus montage showing all the games supporting it
Talk about PS4 sales numbers
Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper movie trailers
$50 price drop

Hmm maybe too much stuff.

Salty Hippo

PC's aren't consoles. Console debut= First on PS4, but that doesn't mean the PC version hasn't already came out or comes out the same day. I think he slipped up on Grim Fandango since he did it with everything else.

Slipped up? Do you think he did it by accident?

Saying "console debut exclusively on PS4" (that is the exact wording he uses) about a game that is already on PC is very misleading if said game is supposed to appear on other consoles later on. As far as I can tell it could very well mean the game will be released only on PS4 and no other console.

FluxWaveZ

Slipped up? Do you think he did it by accident?

Saying "console debut exclusively on PS4" (that is the exact wording he uses) about a game that is already on PC is very misleading if said game is supposed to appear on other consoles later on. As far as I can tell it could very well mean the game will be released only on PS4 and no other console.

They always make it very clear when a game will be coming to one console and only one console.

"Console debut exclusively on XXX" should be pretty straightforward for us, at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom