• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

*only some games
**when we want it to

Seriously the most dubious announcement of E3.

*It depends on the publisher, not on Microsoft.
**You can vote your favs on Xbox Feedback, so they'll try that the most voted games are the first to get in the BC feature.
***The games you already own are free. Just put the disc on your xbox one, patch downloads, ready to go.
****Cross-multiplayer with your 360 friends
*****All Xbox One features (screenshots, etc) work with these games.
******RIP PS Now.

*It depends on the publisher, not on Microsoft.
**You can vote your favs on Xbox Feedback, so they'll try that the most voted games are the first to get in the BC feature.
***The games you already own will be free. Just put the disc on your xbox one, patch downloads, ready to go.
****Fuck PS Now.

So why not announce it when they have most of the publishers on board instead of letting players find out it actually doesn't work for their favourite games?

Or telling players, straight up, it's limited.

Hasney

So why not announce it when they have most of the publishers on board instead of letting players find out it actually doesn't work for their favourite games?

Or telling players, straight up, it's limited.

He said 100 games for the holiday when it was announced and that publishers can test their own games.

He said 100 games for the holiday when it was announced and that publishers can test their own games.

100 games SHOULD be ready. 21 games now with half of them not well known.

And it's a big IF for publishers to go onboard. With crossgen and the remaster train happening, publishers might not even bother.

BC is great for developers that are still making games for the console. There isn't a publisher that hasn't jumped off the PS3/360 era.

The next person to start dragging Ryan's memory out to try and form some kind of meta narrative about their own waning interest in a video game commentary site is getting a ban. Seriously, knock that stuff off. It's intensely crass.

This was from the Giant Bomb thread, but for real, keep a lid on this kind of crap.

is there an archive of the giant bomb talkovers? I'd like to watch at least the Sony one, and possibly some of the MS one. Their post conference wrap up was pretty good - they were clearly positive but they always want more. So I'd like to see how they reacted in the moment, to things like TLG, Horizon, FFVII and Shenmue

Giantbomb are hardly "positive", they are most bitter, jaded knobs in games media i have ever encountered.

They bring me down everytime i watch their videos on anything. their forced cynicism is seriously annoying. i try my best to avoid them now baring a quick look here or there.

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

It says a lot about his character

He isn't wrong

100 games SHOULD be ready. 21 games now with half of them not well known.

And it's a big IF for publishers to go onboard. With crossgen and the remaster train happening, publishers might not even bother.

BC is great for developers that are still making games for the console. There isn't a publisher that hasn't jumped off the PS3/360 era.

Keep in mind that right now it is only even available to the Xbox Preview Members which represent such a small portion of the community. When it actually goes live there will be much more games available on it.

Hastati

He isn't wrong

Honestly the biggest problem with the Last Guardian was the lighting. I'm confident it will look great, if not really revolutionary, upon release. The fact that it's being made at all is important, much more so than how it looks.

Gies's comment is not really constructive, and it doesn't bring to light anything interesting or even particularly critically important about the trailer. There's certainly stuff to talk about, like Ueda's thoughts on gender roles, but making drive by comments about graphics that seem like flame-bait don't paint him in a positive light.

mcw

I've been as guilty of this as anyone, but I'll cut it out, and also ask: Since we love enthusiasm and there's plenty of it to go around right now, let's keep the focus on that.

Loving these Nier reactions! Didn't expect to see them popping up so fast.

ZoddGutts

Giantbomb are hardly "positive", they are most bitter, jaded knobs in games media i have ever encountered.

They bring me down everytime i watch their videos on anything. their forced cynicism is seriously annoying. i try my best to avoid them now baring a quick look here or there.

Yeah, I stop going to their site awhile back because of this, their legion of fans are just as bad, say anything bad/critical about them and they'll react bad to it.

Anyways moving on, glad overall the GT guys are getting a good response to their reactions at E3.

j-wood

I wasn't looking for the giant bomb guys to be giddy like gametrailers.

But I also wasn't looking for comments like:

"It's fucking boring and predictable"

"I don't know why they are doing this"

"That was not a good show. Sony has nothing. Really concerning."

They would seemingly be happier if S3 and FF7 weren't happening. Which is the exact opposite of what I want. I think that's what people are getting at. They don't want GB guys to be knocking over chairs.

Even if they don't like it, can just say that's not for me but I see why it's happening.

I get that the Giant Bomb guys are professionals and respectable veterans of what they do.

But man to not even crack a fuckin' smile at yesterday's Sony conference, that's just wrong.

I need that Huber Hype; that's why I've had GT on almost constantly the last few days. Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm.

MogCakes

To me that GT hype overreaction is really embarassing.

Their reaction was the same as my reaction and the same as most of the people in the E3 audience and the audiences in theaters where E3 was being broadcast. How can you defend Giant Bomb from attacks on their interest in video games and then turn around and slap GT with the same shit? The hypocrisy is astounding.

One of the things that kills me about GT's FFVII reaction is when they all go nuts after the word 'remake' shows up, you can hear someone - and I think it's possibly Ben Moore - just kind of going "aaaaaaaa" and it's a little higher pitch than the rest. Makes me fucking die.

Hasney

One of the things that kills me about GT's FFVII reaction is when they all go nuts after the word 'remake' shows up, you can hear someone - and I think it's possibly Ben Moore - just kind of going "aaaaaaaa" and it's a little higher pitch than the rest. Makes me fucking die.

It's Ian Hinck, but yeah. Really wish Ben was there for that too, possibly even fit Matt Blair in somewhere for the Shenmue reaction too.

This thread makes me happy. It really warms my heart to see these reactions and how happy people are. It even makes me a bit giddy with excitement just watching this stuff.

angelic

Banned
*only some games
**when we want it to

Seriously the most dubious announcement of E3.

you could spend millions on a streaming solution that just doesnt work for anything other than low reaction games, and needs data centres, fibre optic connectionn, subscriber fees and so on

or you could be sensible and spend the money RnDing proper disc based compatibility. as weird as i think microsoft can be, they got that decision right over sony.

angelic

Banned
i hate to be a spoiler, but remaking all the assets of ff7 up to modern standards will take years, never mind rebalancing all of the materia systems and so on. we wont see it until 2018.

Pavaloo

i hate to be a spoiler, but remaking all the assets of ff7 up to modern standards will take years, never mind rebalancing all of the materia systems and so on. we wont see it until 2018.

are they just starting development now?

don't they have advent children assets to use? or whatever they used for the 2007 tech demo?

the bolded is why i prefer the tamed reactions of gb lol

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Someone else said this earlier, but given that they already have all the story stuff in place, that pretty much takes a good chunk out of work they have to do creative wise. So there's possibility it can come a bit earlier than we expect, but no promises of course.

Honestly though, I've never been on FF7 Remake boat nor am I hyped at all even with the announcement. Still, I couldn't help but be ecstatic from surprise yesterday because whether I like it or not, this was something that I never expected and made a lot of people happy nonetheless.

LordofPwn

Someone else said this earlier, but given that they already have all the story stuff in place, that pretty much takes a good chunk out of work they have to do creative wise. So there's possibility it can come a bit earlier than we expect, but no promises of course.

Honestly though, I've never been on FF7 Remake boat nor am I hyped at all even with the announcement. Still, I couldn't help but be ecstatic from surprise yesterday because whether I like it or not, this was something that I never expected and made a lot of people happy nonetheless.

I thought it was confirmed 2017 for the 20th anniversary? And didn't someone say they saw this back in 2013?

angelic

Banned
are they just starting development now?

don't they have advent children assets to use? or whatever they used for the 2007 tech demo?

the bolded is why i prefer the tamed reactions of gb lol

yeah what i took from it was that im pleased theyve finally realised what people want and are going to start work, and that sony really really know how to put on a show. we dont need it now, just hearing that they 'get' us is enough.

there is so much work to do on it, its unbelievable. will they still have the dodgy transvestite scenes? how will they model ultima weapon? will they explain the zak/cloud plot as it really turned out to be? there are like a million questions, and its bound to not be universally liked when it comes out.

Top Bottom