• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Reaction vids/gifs

In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

It says a lot about his character

Just go apply for a job at ms already Gies.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I saw the reactions from giant bomb and game trailers... And the difference in between them is that of a late thirties cynanism to late twenties fanboyism. I'm 32, and I felt the same way those GT guys did, although I do appreciate the cautious and grounded thoughts of giant bomb.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Jesus that woman is the only one not being a complete fucking embarrassment. It's just a game, no need to lose your shit like that.
We have whole nations going nuts when some dude kicks a ball into a goal but when some people are happy about a videogame it's embarassing or what? You must have zero fun in life.

angelic

Banned
elyse was doing that well established female thing of staying in control of herself, while all the men around her reverted to children because video games.

CassSept

Giant Bomb dudes look like they are actually starting to get excited and hide it just to show how snarky they are, meh.

Arcadius

Banned
''Show me the Logo'' ;)

His reaction was a lot like mine, clapping and cheering on. When the playground showed, I was full of goosebumps and shivers and everything, tears fell. His reaction is so good too, all of them are. It's so amazing to watch and gets me so emotional.

elyse was doing that well established female thing of staying in control of herself

This is what I wanted, and expected, from the Giantbomb crew. People that watch GT regularly said earlier in the thread that she's not that into FFVII and Shenmue in the first place, but there she is, letting everyone else have their moment without even the slightest intention of ruining it for them, while she notes stuff down calmly and gives some smiles here and there (she even shouts 'You did it Huber!' at him :') ). It's some pretty nice teamwork, actually.

MEANWHILE, at GB, they just sit there and scoff. It's not even the disinterest, they're doing everything they can to make snarky remarks (Brad's 'boring and predictable' comment still makes me shake my head considering they were hyped over Fallout of all things) and ruin it for everyone else. Not everyone needs to scream and shout, but let's not be like that please.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
In typical Arthur Gies fashion, the one and only thing he had to say about the Sony conference was this:

iAOTQOi.png

Literally out of all the trailers that were shown, that is what he chose to say.

I also base my judgements of someone's character on what they think about a vaporware game at a kideo game trade show.

angelic

Banned
This is what I wanted, and expected, from the Giantbomb crew. People that watch GT regularly said earlier in the thread that she's not that into FFVII and Shenmue in the first place, but there she is, letting everyone else have their moment without even the slightest intention of ruining it for them, while she notes stuff down calmly and gives some smiles here and there (she even shouts 'You did it Huber!' at him :') ). It's some pretty nice teamwork, actually.

MEANWHILE, at GB, they just sit there and scoff. It's not even the disinterest, they're doing everything they can to make snarky remarks (Brad's 'boring and predictable' comment still makes me shake my head considering they were hyped over Fallout of all things) and ruin it for everyone else. Not everyone needs to scream and shout, but let's not be like that please.

yeah the GT show felt like a party with no egos. kyle pushing over a chair for no reason, so good. cant wait for the e3 bosman

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
The difference in reaction between GB and GT is really interesting. I don't really follow either anymore. I use to love GT, but then all my favorites left. Same with Gamespot before all the good guys left and formed Giant Bomb. One is very emotional, one is very critical. They're both interesting, yet while I understand the criticisms brought by Giant Bomb I am easily more drawn by GT's genuine excitement. Their reaction video's are fun because video games are fun.

On a side note what does Giant Bomb actually get excited about? Does anyone know?

Ralemont

not me
Someone needs to make a gif of the Rasta Gamer's face when the Lifestream came up in the background. Sums up everyone's initial reaction perfectly.

I love stuff like this. Too bad no one recorded the reaction in my theater. I'm not too proud to admit that even the Shenmue 3 announcement had me and quite a few others jumping for joy in the aisles. I even witnessed a mammoth of a man start crying after the FF7 reveal.

GameTrailers just picked up a new subscriber. That was most sheer, unbridled joy I've ever seen come from a video game announcement. Real human emotions on display.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The difference in reaction between GB and GT is really interesting. I don't really follow either anymore. I use to love GT, but then all my favorites left. Same with Gamespot before all the good guys left and formed Giant Bomb. One is very emotional, one is very critical. They're both interesting, yet while I understand the criticisms brought by Giant Bomb I am easily more drawn by GT's genuine excitement. Their reaction video's are fun because video games are fun.

On a side note what does Giant Bomb actually get excited about? Does anyone know?

I feel the same way. I know fuck all about Giant Bomb besides that there is a strong following on GAF. But, I just watched that reaction video of all that stuff in the Sony conference and just felt sorry for them. I'm gonna be honest I don't really care about any of those announced games, I've never really liked Team Ico's games, I've never played a FF, and I never played any Shenmue. That said, I understand their hype and what this means to their fans so even I was over enjoyed about those announcements. Hell, I may finally be able to get into some of those games now. But, to just what the GB crew sit there and just throw snark at the whole thing felt sad, like they couldn't allow others to enjoy the moment.

I've somewhat grown apart from GT after so many left but I still check in for Bossman-Huber shenanigans and that reaction video was exactly what I like to see. Even Elise was smiling, although she probably isn't a fan of those games like myself.

Korosenai

Giantbomb feels soulless, you know what I mean? It's like that game Driveclub or something (/s). Feels like they don't have any kind of soul, as if I'm watching cardboard. What's the point?

That's exactly the impression i got as well. They were super boring and didn't seem excited or happy about anything.

Serra

Im loving the Giant Bomb talks over shit videos. I would never watch these boring ass press conferences otherwise. Maybe im just as cynical as them but I really enjoy their content.

Gamespot still only has a single human with actual on camera charisma and thats Danny. The others are cardboard cutouts. Their streams feel more like pure commercials for the products versus where giant bomb is about the personalities. I could watch Jeff and Vinny talk shit over some strange japanese rpg taking place in high-school that I have no intention of ever playing and still be very entertained.

Obviously, different folks, different strokes and all that. If you wanna fist-pump the air when the next triple-A game gets announced, then GB might not interest you.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Im loving the Giant Bomb talks over shit videos. I would never watch these boring ass press conferences otherwise. Maybe im just as cynical as them but I really enjoy their content.

Gamespot still only has a single human with actual on camera charisma and thats Danny. The others are cardboard cutouts. Their streams feel more like pure commercials for the products versus where giant bomb is about the personalities. I could watch Jeff and Vinny talk shit over some strange japanese rpg taking place in high-school that I have no intention of ever playing and still be very entertained.

Obviously, different folks, different strokes and all that. If you wanna fist-pump the air when the next triple-A game gets announced, then GB might not interest you.

I don't think you actually understand people's complaints about their coverage. Watching someone cynically "shit" over everything isn't what most people consider fun or entertaining to watch.

Mung

iAOTQOi.png

Why sully this thread with this guy? Just ignore him like everyone else does now.

MogCakes

I can get not sharing the hype and going 'good for you guys, I'm just not feeling it'. I feel that way about a lot of games released that people are super hyped for. This is not one of those times for me. I AM FUCKING HYPE AND EXCITED IN SO MANY WAYS

Serra

I don't think you actually understand people's complaints about their coverage. Watching someone cynically "shit" over everything isn't what most people consider fun or entertaining to watch.

95% of the stuff presented in these conferences is either super uninteresting or looks outright hilariously bad to me. So the Giant Bomb crew is on the same level as me and they are funny to me. This is kinda like rifftracks to me. Don't get me wrong, I really liked some of what we saw but its the minority.

Is a stream where the presenters jump over each other to blindly praise each game shown, especially when its some "press A to awesome" game like Uncharted or Tomb Raider, that I have zero interest in? Maybe some of you love quicktime events and auto-aim but I don't.

Kamina777

Banned
95% of the stuff presented in these conferences is either super uninteresting or looks outright hilariously bad to me. So the Giant Bomb crew is on the same level as me and they are funny to me. This is kinda like rifftracks to me. Don't get me wrong, I really liked some of what we saw but its the minority.

Is a stream where the presenters jump over each other to blindly praise each game shown, especially when its some "press A to awesome" game like Uncharted or Tomb Raider, that I have zero interest in? Maybe some of you love quicktime events and auto-aim but I don't.
all you're doing is confirming your tastes matches theirs more than the majority. and really; that's okay, but its far from the gaming majority, a lot of people were excited at a lot of things at all the conferences that match what you hseem to detest to a T.

What I love about these gifs: we've all heard how females are the emotional ones and in these gifs its the men losing their shit. I say this not to enforce generalizations, I believe we all act individually, I just thought it was funny how calm and collected Elise was in stark contrast to the guys.

rakhir

That's the drive-by reaction to their content, because i think you don't really watch them, do you?
they are super excited when the game actually is worth it - Jeff just now was pumped for Just Cause 3, because he actually played it and thought it was fantastic. It's just that not much at that particular conference was that interesting to them, and there's a real reason for that that you just don't see and don't care. These people are actually professionals, they don't do the same 'hype shows' as other people.

To me that GT hype overreaction is really embarassing.

depths20XX

I'm typically pretty cynical about gaming stuff these days but seeing people's reactions to FF7 and Shenmue 3 genuinely makes me happy.

I didn't see much of the Giant Bomb stuff until after the show. They were mostly talking about, "Yeah, well none of this stuff is coming out this year." Dude's are kind of downers.

Ever since Ryan Davis died, Jeff Gertsmann has been overly critical of everything to the point where it seems like he doesn't even like video games anymore. His overwhelming and oppressive negativity affects every video he's in.

Top Bottom