• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies 2016 GOTY Picks

wreckml

Great choices all around. Gets me even more pumped to play TLG/FF15 now.

But I have to say, it was especially hilarious though when Jones argued how The Last Guardian wasn't worth the wait in the "Worth the Wait" category, then said he actually hasn't played it yet, and then reads "The Last Guardian was worth the wait" in the final video lol.

Damiani picking the Gravity Rush Remaster his second, sooo good!

Great lesser played shoutouts with World of FF, Attack on Titan, and Naruto as well.
Edit: And from Ben and Kyle, Trails and Arkham VR (and Cyber Sleuth).

Need to play DQ Builders.

Great choices all around. Gets me even more pumped to play TLG/FF15 now.

But I have to say, it was especially hilarious though when Jones argued how The Last Guardian wasn't worth the wait in the "Worth the Wait" category, then said he actually hasn't played it yet, and then reads "The Last Guardian was worth the wait" in the final video lol.

That's hilariously ironic :D

Also, LOL at Brad doing that at the end.

No one went with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? The hell guys? :(

It did get mentioned while they were talking about RPGs though.

I hope to have the time to play it over the holidays now that I finally ordered it.

Did they ever post a review for it? I swear Ben said he was making one and I never saw it materialize.

Yeah, I messed up with TMS. Quite a lot of work was done with it and the review fell through the cracks in a real bad way. Happened with several things this year including King of Fighters XIV, SMTIV Apocalypse, Dragon Quest VII, and Total War: Warhammer.

Owlboy robbed of best owl.

Indeed.

FeistyCoarseKudu-size_restricted.gif

hiro4

No one went with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? The hell guys? :(

Actually this was my pick I submitted.
Haven't played the winning games and the games I did played didn't left me as satisfied and moved as TMS did.

In a way I felt like I voted for a losing third (of 100th) party.

kenta

Has no PEINS
EZA deliberates and gives FFXV their "Worth the Wait" award

And then an hour later plays a video that says "we here at EZA don't throw the phrase 'worth the wait' around lightly, yet it's hard to imagine a game more worthy of the description than The Last Guardian"

Okay :p

I wonder what their GOTY had been if they had cast their votes on a different day (not being glib here; their thoughts are clearly still in flux)

EZA deliberates and gives FFXV their "Worth the Wait" award

And then an hour later plays a video that says "we here at EZA don't throw the phrase 'worth the wait' around lightly, yet it's hard to imagine a game more worthy of the description than The Last Guardian"

Okay :p

I wonder what their GOTY had been if they had cast their votes on a different day (not being glib here; their thoughts are clearly still in flux)

I mean Damiani's the one who wrote the winner entry, most of the others hadn't seen it. And the rest of us were trying to look at Ian's joke category through a different lens rather than just copy / pasting our GOTY pick.

wapplew

I think Huber's argument for FF15 in worth the wait category sway the votes.
It's a huge franchise with lots pressure and the game end up making the allies optimistic about the future of FF, definitely worth the wait.

Machina

Banned
Bloodworth is trolling so hard with that pick

Also I'm with Huber. Battlefield not getting Multiplayer GOTY is a travesty.

Nestunt

The Last Guardian AND Final Fantasy XV?!

That's great!

Hopefully we are witnessing the cornerstones for a reboot to a once again strong Japanese industry.

Now that I think of it, The Last Guardian would be my GOTY too if Titanfall 2's campaign wasn't so fucking great. Both games feel like they are going to be the most underrated this year.

Best Shotgun: Doom
Where was this category at the Game Awards? This is important.

No real surprises here with any of them picks, I take it none of them imported Persona 5? Thought that would have scooped up everything for sure considering the love in they have for JRPG's.

They need to mix up their staff a bit, they're just too predictable nowadays and that's one of the main reasons I don't visit or watch there content as often as I used too.

They know what's up :D

Tlg deserverved it. I stile have to finish it but it's pretty clear already that it's my goty. Maybe even gotg on par with bloodborne.

No real surprises here with any of them picks, I take it none of them imported Persona 5? Thought that would have scooped up everything for sure considering the love in they have for JRPG's.

P5 to retroactively steal that GOTY in four months. >:D

(It is a 2016 game whose English localisation was delayed until after the new year.)

They need to mix up their staff a bit, they're just too predictable nowadays and that's one of the main reasons I don't visit or watch there content as often as I used too.

LOL, I mean of all the things we could do, I'm not sure what you're proposing here. That we should "hire" more people when we aren't making full time wages yet? Or that some of us should just leave for the sake of variety? I don't think being able to get to know us that well really counts as a negative.

LOL, I mean of all the things we could do, I'm not sure what you're proposing here. That we should "hire" more people when we aren't making full time wages yet? Or that some of us should just leave for the sake of variety? I don't think being able to get to know us that well really counts as a negative.

Aye, fire Ben and bring in a random Joe Bloggs who like COD, lol. Nah, I didn't mean that i suppose when it was GT there were a lot more voices with a lot more opinions . I would imagine GOTY is pretty easy now with 90% of staff loving the same kind of games?

Suppose I just miss the good old days of Epic Battle Cry or Invisible Walls were there was always a cross mix of opinions and favourites types and genres of games.

Im not having a go here though, more power to you as its obviously working, its just not for me right now.

Top Bottom