• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteki

c4NNKR6.gif

Don't forget Sophie :(

Sophie
Lv.0 Cat

Mista Koo

Every Bosman vs. Damiani match:

usXTPQ6l.jpg

Hope Fiasconauts can become an EZA thing, the easy update and tabletop replacement episodes were both great.
Yet to watch the wedding one, but the easy update one was too long (5 players is too many) and the 2nd act was too crazy for me to understand what's happening.

I'm just a little disappointed he seems to be working primary behind the scenes, I love that man's work on camera.
Agreed.

MrMette

Yet to watch the wedding one, but the easy update one was too long (5 players is too many) and the 2nd was too crazy for me to understand what's happening.
Which other (2nd) one? I think I missed one as I only saw the easy update one and the wedding one. As far as I know the 2nd one is the wedding one (but I guess I missed one).

I loved them both btw (but they can get a bit hectic indeed, although the wedding one was much better in that regard).

edit:
Btw, I did not see the massive 6-month celebration stream yet, so maybe there was one in that one or something.

Yet to watch the wedding one, but the easy update one was too long (5 players is too many) and the 2nd was too crazy for me to understand what's happening.
The wedding one is deliberately a smaller, more restrained story. And it is amazing.

I agree the Easy Update one was a mess but it was still fun to watch, the convoluted-ness that comes from intertwined storylines along with just improv in general makes for a good time. Definitely check out the Wedding though

Kneefoil

Which other (2nd) one? I think I missed one as I only saw the easy update one and the wedding one. As far as I know the 2nd one is the wedding one (but I guess I missed one).

I loved them both btw (but they can get a bit hectic indeed, although the wedding one was much better in that regard).

edit:
Btw, I did not see the massive 6-month celebration stream yet, so maybe there was one in that one or something.

I'm pretty sure there have been only two during their time at EZA. Maybe he meant Act II of the Easy Update one? The story went in very strange places after the tilt.

From the Geoff thread:

Oh whow... Um... This is kinda weird. I was 100% it would be a behind the scenes thing only.
I know EZA wasn't built around them being exclusively there, but still... I don't know, no hard feelings, just feels kinda weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's so weird about it? No disrespect to Kyle but it wasn't like he's been churning out a crazy amount of content like Huber. He's already been working on this job for a little while now and I haven't noticed any changes to his EZA content.

This talk show thing seems interesting, I'll definitely check it out for at least the first few weeks. It's funny that Geoff has once again taken poor little Kyle "Sadness" Bosman under his wing again though.

The wedding one is deliberately a smaller, more restrained story. And it is amazing.

I agree the Easy Update one was a mess but it was still fun to watch, the convoluted-ness that comes from intertwined storylines along with just improv in general makes for a good time. Definitely check out the Wedding though

The wedding one is great

"I want $50,000 right now" - Rachel

Kyle getting more exposure can mean good things for Easy Allies too. People see Kyle, people like Kyle. People search for more Kyle. People find Easy Allies.

Auctopus

Right, guys!

I have created OT2! Is everyone okay for me to post it soon so we can lock this thread? It's a shame Hasney couldn't do it but I thought I should make one sooner or later!

For now, the title is Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect are people okay with that? If there is a huge outcry for something else then I can ask a mod to change it but I think it's a nice message that should echo through the community!

The thread is barebones right now but has most of the information from the initial thread, I will continue to work on this!

Preview...

Mista Koo

I'm pretty sure there have been only two during their time at EZA. Maybe he meant Act II of the Easy Update one? The story went in very strange places after the tilt.
Yeah I meant the 2nd act it was a typo.

Yeah I will watch it sometime later.

I've only played Fiasco twice, and while researching the game I've discovered their GT Fiascos (they introduced me to Ian, Ben, and Elyse). One time it was 3 players, and while it played out nice it felt too small/short. The other time it was just a mess all around, and it didn't help that the only guy with actual acting experience was going for a quirky anime/cartoon vibe.

Ray Down

Banned
I think predominantly he thinks there's something sacred about a mainline Final Fantasy, and he's irked that they've forced a failed spinoff into a mainline entry solely because more people will buy 15 than 13: spinoff

It's not really a failed spin-off though since it never technically release. Hell since it now a mainline should it give him confidence they believe it's worthy enough or worth the budget to make it one?

Budi

For now, the title is Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect are people okay with that?

Yes please! This is what I was thinking would be great, so it gets my vote atleast. It's a nice continuation to Good Vibes and Good Hype, also it's a great message overall.

It's not really a failed spin-off though since it never technically release. Hell since it now a mainline should it give him confidence they believe it's worthy enough or worth the budget to make it one?
.....it was cancelled and rebooted into a new game lol

He just wants each new entry to be "new everything" but it's still using stuff from that 13 spinoff. I'm not saying I agree, 15 is my most anticipated game for this year

Great news for Bosman! I was bummed to hear he was working behind the scenes initially, dude's built for the camera! Bosman: the people's weirdo champ.

Right, guys!

I have created OT2! Is everyone okay for me to post it soon so we can lock this thread? It's a shame Hasney couldn't do it but I thought I should make one sooner or later!

For now, the title is Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect are people okay with that? If there is a huge outcry for something else then I can ask a mod to change it but I think it's a nice message that should echo through the community!

The thread is barebones right now but has most of the information from the initial thread, I will continue to work on this!

Preview...
The title is great, thanks. :)
Post it in regular gaming just to get a little bit of exposure before it gets moved to Community again. :)

So this new show Bosman is working on, is it like a spiritual successor to GTTV? I remember those weekly shows Keighly used to do on gametrailers. Those were good.

wiibomb

So this new show Bosman is working on, is it like a spiritual successor to GTTV? I remember those weekly shows Keighly used to do on gametrailers. Those were good.

kinda like that, but more on the side of youtube personalities instead of developers. I don't particularly like the idea, but I hope they prove me wrong. I trust Kyle

.....it was cancelled and rebooted into a new game lol

He just wants each new entry to be "new everything" but it's still using stuff from that 13 spinoff. I'm not saying I agree, 15 is my most anticipated game for this year

More like cancelled and recycled into a new game. I'm impressed that they've managed to build a game out of the wreckage of Versus XIII but at the same time, that's also my biggest worry because I'm not sure if it'll hold together.

Though it's not like Versus XIII was ever a real XIII spinoff, so if that's Brandon's argument (I haven't watched the podcast yet), he's being silly. Aside from the mythos, they were always meant to be completely different games, the name was just a dumb Square Enix thing.

Auctopus

Ok, it's late in the UK.

I'll post the thread in approx. 8 hours. That'll give the chance for this thread to hit 400 pages and it can be locked.

sora87

It's nice that we'll hit 400 pages around the 6 month anniversary. It's been a wild ride so far, here's to lots more discussions in OT2!

tumblr_o0e39mx3tc1qei1neo2_r1_500.gif

wiibomb

Kinda neutral on this. Kyle deserves better than behind the scenes with a chance of camera time.

I think Kyle has stated several times he likes more the behind the scenes work, or at least his way of speaking about it makes it visible. I think this is something he likes more.

I know, it is a shame, Kyle is absolutely amazing on camera.

ito007

EZA moving in some nice directions as of late.

Fiasco is amazing and I'm glad they brought it back. I think this wedding one is one of their best ones and that's including their GT Fiascos. I still think the high school playset is the funniest one they've ever done though.

Kyle getting more exposure can mean good things for Easy Allies too. People see Kyle, people like Kyle. People search for more Kyle. People find Easy Allies.
God creates Kyle. God destroys Kyle. God creates EZA. EZA destroys God. EZA creates Kyle.

Kyle eats EZA. Damiani inherits the Earth.

Kasper

I wonder what kind of segments Kyle will be contributing with as on-camera talent every now and then for Keighley's new show. Hopefully it'll be something like skits or Final Bosman type stuff and not man on the street segments which I usually find kinda bland.

Ultimadrago

Man, Ian's rant on the PS4 Pro's marketing is so spot-on. It really mirrors my thoughts on it (and why I don't care for it much at all).

Daggoth

That Fiasco. Good grief. I know he's flat out, but Jones on the next TTE campaign needs to happen somehow!

Also on TTE, did Moof / Ben realise yet that
someone is missing? I can't remember and can't view it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom