• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: Sony’s VR tech will be revealed at GDC

ibcOIUrKDcNKiY.gif
confirmation that we have all overhyped tomorrow?
*tear shed

GeoramA

Yeah, can't get excited for a conference that isn't live-streamed these days. Not expecting anything substantial on VR until E3, where the whole world is watching.

Interestingly, I thought Driveclub was a VR game the first time I saw it. At the PS4 reveal. Everything was in first person, even the mode where you walk around the car.

Then Sony showed The Witness, all first person...

Media Molecules sculpting demo was first person...

And obviously several FPS.

Then there was the wrap around screen all around the room. I really wonder if Sony was hoping to reveal this thing back last March, and if so what scared them off.

Anyways, I expect to see Driveclub, The Witness, MM game, and several FPS on display at this VR event.

This is what I was thinking this morning, a perfect screen for showing off Vr content to give the perception of filling vision.

That and the Driveclub video, must have been planned and decided to simplify the initial message and focus on console and launch games.

Jagxyz

Ugh, every single time there's hype for a conference it's always disappointing. I think the only ones that somewhat lived up to the hype were Sony and Ubisoft at E3.

I'm gonna assume that we aren't getting anything and hope I'm surprised.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I know we've brought this on ourselves, but it's going to fucking suck if this is all about some PlayStation Now crap.

Of all the possibilities, PS Now is among the least likely IMO.

Marks and his team have nothing to do with it. It's not Yoshida's department either, as head of WWS - it's a delivery mechanism, not a new creative/development platform in its own right.

This is what I was thinking this morning, a perfect screen for showing off Vr content to give the perception of filling vision.

That and the Driveclub video, must have been planned and decided to simplify the initial message and focus on console and launch games.

They seem to have made the right decision. Now they can come out with a $300 VR headset and it will feel like an addon, whereas if it was at launch there would have been multiple skus and anything other than the $700 model would feel less. plus $700 PS4 headlines would have been horrible.

StuBurns

Banned

Marks and his team have nothing to do with it. It's not Yoshida's department either, as head of WWS - it's a delivery mechanism, not a new creative/development platform in its own right.
I still think it is VR, but with insiders and their party pooping gifs, I'm losing faith.

Loudninja

Right not sure why PS now keep being brought up.

but whatever it is tomorrow - don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of websites covering it.

You have worked the crowd into a frenzy. I doubt much work will get done tomorrow in anticipation of whatever is announced, demonstrated, etc

This train ride can only end in mayhem. Good or bad, it will be mayhem

I think it's just the boomerang controller making a comeback.

I may be ok with that outcome

StuBurns

Banned
If ps now works and I can play a bunch of ps3 games on my ps4 I wouldn't call that service crap at all...that's a selling point for me
PS Now will be fine, I played Gaikai, and it'll have only improved, but it's not interesting to me anyway.

You're right, 'crap' was unfair.

Nafai1123

Banned
My guess is it will be confirmed, and we may even get some firsthand impressions, but we will be disappointed by the lack of any hardware reveal/specs/price/date.

I think it's just the boomerang controller making a comeback.

That's raistist.

I'm trying not to get too hyped over here but I feel by tomorrow evening I'll be in fucking hype overdrive.

Honestly in a perfect world they'll spend an hour announcing it and reveal multiple games including Playroom DLC and the re - introduction of Driveclub.

I know we've brought this on ourselves, but it's going to fucking suck if this is all about some PlayStation Now crap.
Lol, yeah. At this point, it feels so real that if VR isn't announced tomorrow it'll break our illusion of reality, and our minds won't be able to comprehend how it didn't happen.

I still think it is VR, but with insiders and their party pooping gifs, I'm losing faith.
The good ol' reverse psychology, eh? ;)

FUUUUUuuuuuuuu ... I've never been hyped for GDC before this one! And the fact it's happening in the evening is going to make the day agonizingly slow!

iceatcs

My guess is it will be confirmed, and we may even get some firsthand impressions, but we will be disappointed by the lack of any hardware reveal/specs/price/date.

Usually, just like Move and Vita,

There was early announcements but no official name, etc - (2009 E3 tech controller and NGP.)
I do think we will get specs.

Raist

Banned
PS Now will be fine, I played Gaikai, and it'll have only improved, but it's not interesting to me anyway.

You're right, 'crap' was unfair.

Marks and Michailov. It can't be Service / Network stuff.

There's only one possibility.

Move motion+. A second glowing bulb to attach to your Move controller!!!1!!!!111!

This is what worries me. I don't want to read that it's more than a year from launch, though that would be the safer assumption, and anything sooner should be a pleasant surprise.

Top Bottom