• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emma Stone is in Death Stranding leaked image , could be fake

Daft_Cat

So her...

tumblr_n59qpwMTZ91qkx05wo3_250.gif

doing this...

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

Yes, I do believe I would be down for that.

Yikes.

Seems fake. Kojima should stop trying to get Hollywood actors into his games, ROI is not worth it at all. Yeah it gives the game small publicity versus adding couple of millions to dev cost.

I seriously doubt the cost for even half a dozen Hollywood actors to do voice work for a game would be a couple of million dollars. I would guess that they'd be needed for perhaps a couple of weeks' voice acting at most and their salary would end up in the tens of thousands.

J-Skee

Calling fake until otherwise proven wrong. There haven't been any leaks so far for Death Stranding, so I have no reason to believe this would be the first.

like honestly how much do you people really think some of these actors cost? like seriously I want a number.

That depends on the project they are working given that Stone is an academy award winning actress with an additional nomination under her belt, she ain't exactly going to be cheap. Of course they can always lower their costs when it comes to working on special projects. Like actors trying to work with names like Speilberg.

Reedus makes less than $100k per Walking Dead episode, so he ain't exactly going to be that expensive.

Mads will most likely be around less than a million.

I'm mostly speculating by the way.

Emma Stone was in Sleeping Dogs as a throwaway optional romance. So I can see her being in a way bigger game.

Emma doesn't come off as the type of person to scoff at a videogame role especially cause of what you just stated. She probably would find it to be a fun opportunity to do something different.

Sony's going to be sweating bullets
giphy.gif

Maybe giving Kojima a blank check and no deadline wasn't a good idea XD

Its good for them , the idea of a Kojima game in the future sells consoles, they can keep showing trailers until 2021 when Death Stranding : Ground Zeroes releases. then they can keep riding the hype until the main game releases for the PS5 Pro

Emma doesn't come off as the type of person to scoff at a videogame role especially cause of what you just stated. She probably would find it to be a fun opportunity to do something different.

Sony also bankrolled Beyond Two Souls which had Ellen Page and Willam Dafoe.

I'm not saying it's real though. The picture itself looks sketch.

At some point I hope we get to talk about a game and not just wondering who the next celebrity will be featured in a new Death Stranding trailer.

StoveOven

Banned
I hope this game never releases and is just a decade-long marketing cycle of consistently escalating hype. It would be the perfect swan song for Kojima.

Mathezar

I could be wrong, but wasn't Sleeping Dogs originally supposed to be some sort of follow up to True Crime: Streets of LA way back, but canned and retooled to Sleeping Dogs. I read somewhere that actors cast in what would be the True Crime game still had some sort of contractual obligation to re-do work and do promo for Sleeping Dogs all those years later...

If so, the argument that "she would do videogames, she was in Sleeping Dogs" is a bit BS, considering she probably didn't have quite level of "fame" she has now... But hey, it wouldn't be the first time A-list actors chose a game project...

Darknight

So her...

tumblr_n59qpwMTZ91qkx05wo3_250.gif

doing this...

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

Yes, I do believe I would be down for that.

Dont get why this type of stuff gets a pass here on GAF.

Kojima should be ashamed for doing that. Like out of respect for that actress at least. I know she did voice acting but they rendered her fully. Guess when they were signing papers, Kojima just got quiet at the "...and we'll use your likeness in lewd poses" *cough* "no i didnt say anything else, please sign here!"

Let's hope that Sony keeps his ass under watch. They can give him creative freedom but not be a total perv with people working on the project or their likeness. Show some class ffs. "Oh Kojima is just you know, japanese! Its ok!!" um like hell it is.

Top Bottom