• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN's 12 Deals of Christmas 2013 starts on Dec. 1st

My goodness I've seen gaffers praise Killzone Mercenary but I didn't know it was that good. It's... It's just unbelievable, you won't even notice aliasing like in Uncharted and gameplay is crazy good.

If you're on the fence go and buy it before sale ends, you won't regret it. Words can't describe how good this game is, here's some direct feed screenshot and keep in mind that game's like 10x times better in motion:

dbqZWHo.jpg

hohoXD123

My goodness I've seen gaffers praise Killzone Mercenary but I didn't know it was that good. It's... It's just unbelievable, you won't even notice aliasing like in Uncharted and gameplay is crazy good.

If you're on the fence go and buy it before sale ends, you won't regret it. Words can't describe how good this game is, here's some direct feed screenshot and keep in mind that game's like 10x times better in motion:

Yup, best looking handheld game I've seen. Multiplayer is also very fun, plenty of replayability, story is fairly decent and good developer support. No one should be on the fence at this price.

lol that GTAV price is terrible. Killzone price is a good value though. Having played Mercenary and Shadowfall, I definitely think Mercenary is the better game.

Yeah, that GTA price is especially bad considering we just had Assassin's Creed 4 for £20.

As for Mercenary, it's a great price for a terrific game. I think I'm gonna sell my physical copy and just fall back on this digital version. The price is too good to pass up and I love being almost fully digital on the Vita.

Kaswa101

Hmm... Okay, thanks for the replies guys. :) I guess I'll wait until I upgrade the Vita's memory card. Hopefully Killzone will have a more permanent price drop by then.

Killzone looks the business, but it's really as generic as it gets and pretty damn boring. I think after the half way point I just used an Assault Rifle and a shottie plus the rocket lock on special attack as the weapons are just so bad.
I'd say the game is worth £10, £15 is pushing it.

Hasney

Brother got me some PSN credit for Christmas, really hoping that the last Vita one is P4G, or COD:Ghosts for PS3 that's cheap enough for the PS4 upgrade to be worth it (the last PS4 upgrade game I need).

EDIT: Oh wait, forgot Injustice.

jonno394

Just put £30 on my PSN account but on the fence about whether to buy Killzone. Im not the biggest FPS fanm heck the only one i've played this gen is World at War, so unsure whether to bite. I wish there was a demo :/

Skyzard

Banned
Grabbed a digital version thanks to the sale, will probably give the cart to a buddy. Can't wait for the botmode dlc.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished one playthrough of Killzone Mercenary and it's easily my favourite of the lot of them. (with Shadow Fall close behind) Simple enough story but it was basically all infantry combat and no massive setpieces which I really enjoyed.

I'll probably have a go at the 3 contract types per mission sometime but I think I'll dip into the multiplayer for a while first. Loved the beta when I tried it a few months ago

I hope so. I'd love a price drop on a few choice Vita and PSN titles I've had my eye on...

Same here but unfortunately I don't think the two I'm most interested in, Muramasa and Dragons Crown (and maybe Tearaway) are going to get big discounts if any. I missed out on the £5 Tesco Tearaways as well. I wouldn't mind giving Persona 4 Golden a go but I'm not desperate to try it, I'm not certain I'd like it much tbh.

Yeah, they always have a New Year sale too.

Excellent, here's hoping they have a good selection :)

GYNGA

Nah, the latest patch overwrote the previous ones and was a lot smaller. Only around 350MB instead of 1.2GB. So combined with the game which is 3.4GB that's still only 3.75GB.
Wait, what? So you say I can fit KZM on my 4GB card?

Fucking sold

Hey my ps4 should arrive tomorrow so I am going to upgrade that digital copy of AC4 i picked up on the sale.

The problem is the AC4 discount upgrade store page says I require the disc. I assume thats just because someone at Sony just did a poor job. I should be ok buying that €10 upgrade right? It wont start asking me for a disc when I try and play it right?

Here is a link to the store page

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/cid=EP0001-CUSA00009_00-PS3UPGREXXXXXXXX

Hey my ps4 should arrive tomorrow so I am going to upgrade that digital copy of AC4 i picked up on the sale.

The problem is the AC4 discount upgrade store page says I require the disc. I assume thats just because someone at Sony just did a poor job. I should be ok buying that €10 upgrade right? It wont start asking me for a disc when I try and play it right?

Here is a link to the store page

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/cid=EP0001-CUSA00009_00-PS3UPGREXXXXXXXX

Are you able to buy it? If you are, it recognizes your digital copy correctly and you have nothing to worry about. It would say that the product is unavailable and not let you buy it if it didn't know about your PS3 copy.

Son Of D

I haven't followed the deals at all, was Last of Us on it at all? I still haven't played it but I'd bite if the sale price is good.

Skyzard

Banned
Last deal will be PS+ for sure. No way P4G is showing up, didn't they already say it wasn't but they are trying for the future? Maybe new years?

Are you able to buy it? If you are, it recognizes your digital copy correctly and you have nothing to worry about. It would say that the product is unavailable and not let you buy it if it didn't know about your PS3 copy.

Yeah I can buy it. I am just a bit weary because it says I need the disc. Maybe I am just reading it wrong....

Is it the same store page for the upgrade for the Digital and Disc upgrades? Are they the exact same download?

You are downloading the entire game so maybe the actual part where it checks if its for the disc or the PSN version is done on the account side of things and not part of the download itself?

andshrew

Yeah I can buy it. I am just a bit weary because it says I need the disc. Maybe I am just reading it wrong....

Is it the same store page for the upgrade for the Digital and Disc upgrades? Are they the exact same download?

You are downloading the entire game so maybe the actual part where it checks if its for the disc or the PSN version is done on the account side of things and not part of the download itself?

Well it says that only applies "IF YOU OWN THE PS3 DISC VERSION OF THIS GAME:".

As you've bought from PSN this doesn't apply to you.

edit- when I say doesn't apply I mean the references to the PS3 disc requirement, you'll be able to buy the upgrade fine.

OMG Aero

Last deal will be PS+ for sure. No way P4G is showing up, didn't they already say it wasn't but they are trying for the future? Maybe new years?
I'm pretty sure in one of the blog post comments right at the start of the sale they said there would be no deals on PS+ in this sale.

Mario007

P4G will be a PS Plus freebie for next year. Mark my word. Chris mentioned holding off on buying P4G in a PS Plus post not the 12 Deals of Christmas post.

Top Bottom