• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Lego City could blow the franchise wide open/save the WiiU [Dont port beg]

Lego City Undercover |OT| What a bunch of jokers

nicholsonnod.gif

CoolS

I remember this screen, it was sent(with other) after the E3 nintendo presse conference 2012. But I hope they've add AA in the final build.

I hate when sites do that, mixing all the screens together so you don't know which are recent and which are almost a year old already.

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
Apparently there are 40 red bricks in this game, double what was in lego batman 2. it would be awesome if one of the bricks unlocked something like a bad guy mode, where civilians are not invincible and the cops will chase you...

Medalion

Banned
Rendering water has been done to death

Make a convincing sea of Lego bricks to sail on top of would be more impressive

Blockoland in the Simpsons could do it!

CoolS

So where were you supposed to order from to get that pack-in Lego swag?
You mean the Limited Edition that includes the Lego Chase McCain?
I think so far it's only been announced in Europe. But everywhere I check online here you can preorder that version

davious88

Banned
As someone over 30, I think this actually has way more appeal to my demographic then something like GTA. Younger folks and older folks are good fit. The GTA crowd are mostly teens and kids in their 20's.

Another game I would LOVE to see on the wiiU that stirs my emotions like this one is "Toy Commander" from the dreamcast. Man I loved that game. :)

Toy Commander jumped out at me in your post - I was about to reply stating how much I loved this game too, then encountered your offensive comment when I read the first part.

dwu8991

Banned
Anyone else think it's perfect timing for this game and Monster Hunter U to come out for the system???

I mean, those two games alone(if you choose to play them) will last tons of hours/maybe weeks/maybe months and then the games should start appearing.

Yeah, they could have used a game or two like this at launch but I am glad they didn't rush this particular robust game.

YES, digital download for both !!!

tajd

Banned
can believe no-one noticed when chase was driving down the street in his car there was a parade of alot of ballon one of them was a huge mario power star balloon

watch the gamespot video and pause at 6:45

remeber the e3 trailers it has zelda music when chase got kicked in the crotch and going down a pipe

can believe no-one noticed when chase was driving down the street in his car there was a parade of alot of ballon one of them was a huge mario power star balloon

watch the gamespot video and pause at 6:45

remeber the e3 trailers it has zelda music when chase got kicked in the crotch and going down a pipe

there's a pic in this thread

I really wanna like this but I am put off by the lego character models and the fact that most Lego games are very samey in terms of the experiences they offer.

Game sure looks pretty though.

Wiz

I just preordered this. All the press/hype got to me. Thanks GAF. :p

My spring break will be a blast with this + Monster Hunter.

Subitai

Man, if had more time for gaming, I'd definitely be considering a WiiU purchase. Hopefully this goes a long way into turning things around for the system in NA.

A dinosaur vehicle? Hell yeah, day 1 now.

I feel that 100% Legos would look weird, so forgive the half look. Also, would be hard on the GPU.

JavyOO7

Only open world game of this nature that I liked was GTA: Vice City. The other GTA's were kinda whatever to me after that because Vice City showed off what was essentially the video game version of Scarface.

This game looks nice, though. I hope it plays well and that reviews indicate that the game isn't so terrible.

Well Sega noticed it, that's why we got special games for Wii (and black knight probably poisoned that...).
Why they didn't do the same for WiiU I have no idea.

Keep waiting for that Bayonneta 2/W101 ports while you're at it.

There's a world of difference between Nintendo funding and publishing a game (this) and them just taking on publishing duties in some territories (razors edge)

Seen the actual game? Nintendo is only mentioned as the distributor, not even as the publisher. No Nintendo logo in the game, no Nintendo staff in the credits.

Ok, so is it the same as Mass effect on 360 then? Didn't know that they funded it and everything, but it doesn't stop it from coming out sometime later if the contract expires at any time in the future. Not saying I won't buy a wii u for it anyways. I just wanted to make a joke because people said the same thing about Razor's edge, heh.

macewank

^^^
Anyone else can't help but wonder if that is how the game would look like running on PS4 hardware?

honestly? no not really. i mean, i'm sure it'd be a little more crisp, but these games haven't ever been known for the visual prowess. at the end of the day, they're legos. :)

Ok, so is it the same as Mass effect on 360 then? Didn't know that they funded it and everything, but it doesn't stop it from coming out sometime later if the contract expires at any time in the future. Not saying I won't buy a wii u for it anyways. I just wanted to make a joke because people said the same thing about Razor's edge, heh.
It's not the same game, it's not the same situation.

Same goes for Bayonetta and Wonderful 101. Kamiya, the producer of both games, confirmed that it's up to Nintendo to port it to Playstation or Xbox.

And you won't see that happening in your lifetime.

Wish it had come out on the launch but whatever, I'm really looking forward to this. Already bought the set with the special code and everything (Well I was gonna buy it anyways since it looked cool but still)!

Top Bottom