• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The difficulty slider in South Park: TFBH changes the color of your skin.

cbrun44

tenor.gif

Hardest difficulty for me!

I get that they're trying to be funny and they mean well but jfc are they really suggesting that being black means that you have a more difficult life than someone who is south asian?! I'm not sure we should be comparing two extremely oppressed minorites in that way.

Handy Fake

Trey is pro gun I think. He also gets mad at people who look down on so-called ignorant rubes in fly-over country.

Also, Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner) is a republican and friend of Donald Trump.

Point is, political affiliation doesn't mean you don't care about people and don't want an inclusive society.

I seem to recall them not being overly kind to Caityln Jenner...
All seems fairly okay to me. Unless some are missing the point of what they're saying. They're startlingly astute satirists.

atr0cious

I get that they're trying to be funny and they mean well but jfc are they really suggesting that being black means that you have a more difficult life than someone who is south asian?! I'm not sure we should be comparing two extremely oppressed minorites in that way.
I'm willing to bet the darker skinned asians have it the worst, caste systems and bleach creams still exist over there.

joe_zazen

For anyone who likes podcasts, Norm MacDonald's guest this week was Caitlyn Jenner. You'll learn she is
a friend of Donald Trump and a republican
as well as a pretty good advocate for understanding. Just thought I'd throw that out there as anyone who thinks thinks trans gender stuff is bullshit should understand the suicide rates, homelessness, and general difficulty they have in life. Plus, Norm MacDonald!

Their politics typically fall on the 'both sides suck lol'/vaguely libertarian perspective. The game making a very clear & definitive statement about race relations is almost enough for me to doubt if Matt & Trey had anything to do with it.
Sure but their show was always very positive on minorities. They always pull a 'we dislike conservatives but hate liberals' but were socially aware enough to look at privilege, atleast in a broad sense.

And they've been plenty harsh on Trump and co.

(Not on environmental issues though...)

Also this is fucking amazing. I want to lick the tears of the alt-right crybabies. Bring on the meltdowns!

In America it does.

joe_zazen

Their politics typically fall on the 'both sides suck lol'/vaguely libertarian perspective. The game making a very clear & definitive statement about race relations is almost enough for me to doubt if Matt & Trey had anything to do with it.

bad form to quote oneself, but it was burried at bottom.

Trey is pro gun I think. He also gets mad at people who look down on so-called ignorant rubes in fly-over country.

Also, Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner) is a republican and friend of Donald Trump.

Point is, political affiliation doesn't mean you don't care about people and don't want an inclusive society.

Your post is enough to doubt that you'd have near enough knowledge about the show to judge it like this.

7Th

I'm pretty sure South Park used Caitlyn Jenner exclusively on jokes that involved her running over people.

Blues1990

Given that I wanted to play as a female character in 'The Stick of Truth', it's going to be interesting to see how the other characters will react (especially the likes of Cartman, who despises girls).

You'd only be comparing if you're playing as a brown character in one playthrough and then a black character in another. Being south asian myself, if I have to compare, I perceive we have it slightly better than black people especially in socioeconomic terms.

daveo42

Banned
What mode would be black and transgender?

You are permanently stuck at level 1 for the entirety of the game regardless of how many battles you win and any accomplishments are only met with the reward Disappointment in Humanity, an item that weighs you down and makes game time stretch to the point where it will take you several decades to even reach the end. Also, saving is disabled but auto-saves happen after every loss.

joe_zazen

Pretty good.

it'd be pretty effective if money was extremely important but it tends to not be in this genre

Sorry if I'm being dense, but how much do we know about this game? Is it just a boring beat em up with some rpg stuff?

Top Bottom