• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-St. Louis police officer Jason Stockley found not guilty of murder

Flo_Evans

Dude was on patrol with his personal rifle. Tottally against department rules.

XFQ10J8.jpg

cause you know you need a 50 round drum to write traffic tickets.

slit

Honestly for anything to change you'd have to see massive work strikes that economically hurt the top oligarchs for anything to change but not enough people care for that to be even close to reality.

Steejee

At this point I presume you'd need video of a white cop walking up to a random black man in the street, shooting him, telling the recorder something racist and that he just wanted to kill someone to get anything done by courts.

Probably would result in a hung jury.

At this point I presume you'd need video of a white cop walking up to a random black man in the street, shooting him, telling the recorder something racist and that he just wanted to kill someone to get anything done by courts.

Probably would result in a hung jury.

Still wouldn't matter.

He will be found innocent.
Protest in the streets with an apperence from Antifa.
Antifa will get blamed for turning a peaceful protest into riots.
POS Trumps tweets out a bunch of trash.
News at 11.

The news loop for the next week.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Honestly for anything to change you'd have to see massive work strikes that economically hurt the top oligarchs for anything to change but not enough people care for that to be even close to reality.

not enough people can afford to do that. Something like 60 or 70% of the country lives pay check to paycheck.

slit

not enough people can afford to do that. Something like 60 or 70% of the country lives pay check to paycheck.

I know that but it has happened in the past but again it's not going to happen here. It would take a level of caring unheard of in modern times.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I just read that the gun found on the victim had the cops DNA all over it and none from the victim. Is that accurate?

Saganator

Feel sorry for STL GAF, but this is so blatant, I feel like the only way something will change is if city blocks are burned down in a riot so massive it threatens to bankrupt the city. When justice fails, chaos will reign.

Sephzilla

So let me get this straight

1) He's carrying a personal weapon on duty, which is against policy
2) Is recorded stating "We're going to kill this motherfucker"
3) Planted a gun on the victim

And a jury judge found him not guilty of murder?

This country is absolutely fucked

TS-08

And a jury found him not guilty of murder?

Just to clarify, this was a verdict reached by the judge. This was not a jury trial.

Flo_Evans

He waived his right to a jury trial this was solely the judges decision.

Con_Smith

Banned
Justice is served yet again in Trumps America.

Fuck this country hates my people like we didn't break our backs to establish these pricks.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
How can you honestly so easily acquit someone who fucking waives their right to a jury trial.

That's insane.

TalonJH

I think I'm done man. Completly emotionally spent. It literally doesn't matter what they do or say. They just get a free pass.

Kill3r7

Bench trial. The judge found him not guilty.

Feel sorry for STL GAF, but this is so blatant, I feel like the only way something will change is if city blocks are burned down in a riot so massive it threatens to bankrupt the city. When justice fails, chaos will reign.
This is America. The system will set things right back to normal if it were just a few city blocks. The only way this country will see meaningful change is via massive civil unrest and riots. Entire cities and towns would have to burn. I'm talking hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage. The tolerance for intolerance will only break via the threat of raw violence (not that I'm personally calling for it).

Keasar

If you're about to announce a verdict.
And at the same time you're preparing for a potential riot following that verdict.

Depending who you think is gonna riot, MAYBE you need to look over said verdict!?

Edit: Oh it's already announced. Not guilty, of fucking course...
Welp, a city is gonna burn.

What a disgusting miscarriage of justice. As if we needed another affirmation that our police and court system is systematically broken when it comes to minority suspects and white police officers.

Is there anything the prosecution can do after this?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The whole justice system is fucked up top down.

Cops killing black men is basically the law of the land. Fuck everything.

I mean I know the jury system is tough because it's hard to find 12 people who haven't been indoctrinated into thinking cops can do no wrong.

But when someone basically throws themselves on the mercy of the court, that should be indication enough for any reasonable person, let alone a judge, that someone has committed a crime.

So blatantly fucked.

Trump told cops not to be professional and to use extra force when dealing with suspects.

Trump is probably making room on his DVR right now to record some "both sides" clips from whatever happens today, which will be hyper-focused upon on Fox News of course.

Top Bottom