• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics F2P Japanese style SRPG for IOS/Android

Mknzy

I just got an invite to the guild created by inbachi, so he must at least be lurking in this thread. How about you guys?

dacuk

After the last update, my Galaxy S4 (where I played at least 95 hours) is not recognized anymore as a device the game can be used with... very smart, Nexon

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to give this a shot. Enjoying it a lot as I tend to enjoy SRPG's. I have a question, though. Is there a lot of endgame PVE content, or is it primarily a PVP thing later on? And I'm on the 3rd continent and am wondering how gacha reliant things are. Am I going to be unable to progress if I don't spend money?

Also, name is nicoga3000 if you can add friends or whatever.

Uthred

So I decided to give this a shot. Enjoying it a lot as I tend to enjoy SRPG's. I have a question, though. Is there a lot of endgame PVE content, or is it primarily a PVP thing later on? And I'm on the 3rd continent and am wondering how gacha reliant things are. Am I going to be unable to progress if I don't spend money?

You dont really need to use the gacha at all, certainly not to complete the PvE content. You get some of the best units in the game via the story, the rest are recruitable via ancient coins, PvP, login rewards, events, etc. Levels and skill points will take a while to max out and ordinary gear, fully upgraded, is fairly potent. The stat bonuses from sets are certainly nice but from what I can see not required. Apart from the story PvE content theres also the Tower of Dawn which is a series of fairly tough challenge maps.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You dont really need to use the gacha at all, certainly not to complete the PvE content. You get some of the best units in the game via the story, the rest are recruitable via ancient coins, PvP, login rewards, events, etc. Levels and skill points will take a while to max out and ordinary gear, fully upgraded, is fairly potent. The stat bonuses from sets are certainly nice but from what I can see not required. Apart from the story PvE content theres also the Tower of Dawn which is a series of fairly tough challenge maps.

Thanks. Is PvP super P2W?

Mknzy

Sent you a friend request

Fishious

Thanks. Is PvP super P2W?

Hmm, kinda. The effects of certain set items can provide an extremely large advantage. That being said, very few people actually have them so while you probably won't be able to hit rank 1 without them, you can still do very well. I've only spent $15, have no set items, and for the past month have been in the top 1%. I'm probably going to drop a bit this week since it seems they changed the way rank calculations are done (seems they're omitting inactives), but it's absolutely possible to PvP without spending a dime and earn the PvP exclusive heroes.

Fishious

Thanks for the info guys!

Any early game heroes I should focus on?

I'll try and give a rundown. The game recently had a balance patch which buffed a lot of characters and the community is still working through those changes. So I'll just go down the list for the first few continents. Most heroes have their uses, some are just better liked for their ability to clear a wide variety of content.

PvE tends to focus on speed clearing as you get better rewards, so the best PvE heroes tend to have AOE attacks.

Early Story
Chris: Your first hero, a paper tank. I've never been too fond of her, but some people like her. With the last patch she's better than before, and even before patch some high ranking PvP players used her. Her high stun AOE skill is great for the rock coocoo dungeon.

Ian: Again, buffed. I'm not a fan of him either, but now he moves further and has a really nice line AOE defense decrease.

Alfred: Alright. Has a large AOE movement decrease and a charm skill, though chance to inflict isn't as high as some other heroes. He has his fans in PvP and for specific dungeons.

Sraka: Decent. Has chance to inflict instant death. His passive got buffed so now he restores MP & gains attack on kill.

Early islands
Kai: It's all about skill 3. While not as ridiculous due to the defense ignore changes of the last patch, his large AOE 3 skill still does a ton of damage. His MP isn't really high, so even at high levels you'll usually only get 2-3 uses out of the 3rd skill, but that's often enough. He's pretty well liked.

Carrot: A ranged glass cannon with a useful set of skills. A popular pick for many players, she gets extra flat % dmg against low health targets on her 1 skill, an attack decrease cone for 2, and a 5 range cross, high attack defense decrease 3 skill. Only her passive is terrible. Definitely a solid pick, but as someone with a 5* Carrot she does fall off a bit at the end game. Still a good choice, but later on most things will 1 shot her.

Lance: A scissors tank. If you're running another unit with swamp terrain advantage (like Serendi or Mu) he's a decent choice. He has high move, AOE move decrease, and a defense up+ AOE taunt attack. He's good at tanking, but don't expect him to do much damage. Good in the paper coocoo dungeon.

Deborah: Get her. Do it. A ranged AOE character that deals high damage for most of the game. Later on Chenny is probably a better choice, but Deborah will carry you through most of the game and is still potentially useful later. Great in scissor coocoo dungeon.

Mas: You get him automatically through the story. He's your first healer. He's actually really good at it, but many people pass over him because they'd rather have a 5th dps/utility character for faster stage clearing. He's useful in the Tower of Dawn where things are more difficult and speed clearing doesn't matter. Compared to most of the other healers he actually heals more, but doesn't bring any utility other than just healing.

Jenny: A ranged paper AOE character based around high crit. People usually pick either Carrot or Jenny, but Jenny's passive requires another paper character so be sure to keep that in mind for your team lineup. When properly geared she can do crazy damage, but requires a bit more investment to be good than other characters.

Dolores: Literally a joke. There are very few people who use him seriously and he's a basically just a punchline for the community. Has niche use in his buff removal skill and MP burn, but for the most part you can skip him.

Sonic Boom: I have no idea. He used to have a bunch of instant death skils, but they changed all that with the patch. I have no idea what to make of him now.

Poni: Apparently much better after the patch than it used to be. 3rd skill has a defense ignore and large flat damage bonus. Could potentially be a rising star in the new meta.

Jack: The only character to receive the honor of being nerfed in the patch. He's technically a tank, but deals really high damage. His 3rd skill is a cross AOE that at max deals 200% atk + 20% of the enemy's HP. He also has life drain on hit, but this was nerfed from over 50% down to 19%. Before he was basically unstoppable. Now he's still good and a great boss killer (since that % damage is great against their high HP) so I still recommend getting him.

kotodama

Thanks for the info guys!

Any early game heroes I should focus on?

Definitely get Deb and Jack. Serendi is good too and a lot of people use her. I'd pick Jenny over Carrot, but that's just my preference. She's especially good if you have the MP to execute her third skill twice in a row. Use your Ancients coins to get Mu as well. She has a guaranteed Stun for anything that doesn't have Stun immunity. On the PVP side, not many people have rolled Stun immunity yet, as well. In the future Gillan and Raboff will perhaps be the best for PVP with their disarm ability. Lastly, supposedly Cleo's fourth ability is good if you want to SS rank stages.

For the PVE, I don't think you should have to spend any real world monies. I've got to the last available island without spending a dime. If you're time scales are long enough let the game play its self and just use that auto function to grind up your primary party on previously SS'ed boss levels and expeditions are your friend.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys. Appreciate the genereal direction! I need more high level friends so I can SS these Hell dungeons to farm genes. Also, how do I go about leveling monsters? Just grind the continent that shows the EXP symbol?

I discovered this game recently and was surprised by story, for f2p game campaign is awesome, I'm playing mostly because i want to know what will happen next. If only grind for rebirth materials for 4-star heroes was not that hard, the only way to complete level 5 nephthys dungeons is 4-5-star friend-mercenary, and i have only few in my friends list.

mus6677

Thanks guys. Appreciate the genereal direction! I need more high level friends so I can SS these Hell dungeons to farm genes. Also, how do I go about leveling monsters? Just grind the continent that shows the EXP symbol?

For EXP farming, apart from weekend exp event, go farm Coocoo dungeon in Nepthys daily from Monday - Saturday. Use this guide for specific Coocoo Farmin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZaNBE6AW8

Remember you get 40 Crystal free daily from daily achievement, use that to reset victory count on Coocoo dungeon for faster leveling

Uhm..
I have 5 device..
One for dragon blaze (iphone), one for actual communication (other iphone), two free droid device (s5 and nexus7..) and another Free apple device (ipad)..
Nicoga as a fellow ex-pad addict how is the game? Can i just do most of the management and farm via auto? (Perfect for daily work routine :x)

mus6677

You can auto the battle from beginning, but the AI pretty much dumb. What i do is, 1st time i clear manualy to get SS on each stage, after that you can auto it. As long as the AI win the battle, you will get the SS reward since you already SS the stage

Okke!
Guess One more game to play..
I'll be back in italy on the 20th and until then i have only two devices with me, when i'm back a new game begins!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Uhm..
I have 5 device..
One for dragon blaze (iphone), one for actual communication (other iphone), two free droid device (s5 and nexus7..) and another Free apple device (ipad)..
Nicoga as a fellow ex-pad addict how is the game? Can i just do most of the management and farm via auto? (Perfect for daily work routine :x)

The only time I've not auto battled thus far has been when I'm working to SS a Hell dungeon. In those cases, at least early on, I have to plan my movements and attacks better than auto will. The game is good fun and feels like a decent SRPG-lite. I imagine the stuff gets more interesting as you unlock more heroes and can start putting together teams.

The only time I've not auto battled thus far has been when I'm working to SS a Hell dungeon. In those cases, at least early on, I have to plan my movements and attacks better than auto will. The game is good fun and feels like a decent SRPG-lite. I imagine the stuff gets more interesting as you unlock more heroes and can start putting together teams.

any server is fine or gaf has any specific server? (i suppose global..)
is there a referral system? and if there is, anyone is interested?

Fishious

any server is fine or gaf has any specific server? (i suppose global..)
is there a referral system? and if there is, anyone is interested?

Global. No, there's not a referral system. Once you've started post your in game name and some of us will add you to our friend lists.

pix

Playing this as well. In game name is pixfixen feel free to add me. I applied to the guild as well.

Shurayuki

Seems like it. Doesn't help that the ingame communication options are...well..nonexistent.

Well guild content doesn't seem to be coming just yet so you don't miss much anyways.

Xetherion

The guild leader said to let you guys know he can and does check the thread (he's not able to post yet), so if you post your IGN he will add you.

Xetherion

Just completed TOD for the first time thanks to some strategies from reddit. Claim my set capsule and... a 1* class A set -_-

Is Ketarh Apprentice good, or even semi-decent, on any hero?

Shurayuki

Just completed TOD for the first time thanks to some strategies from reddit. Claim my set capsule and... a 1* class A set -_-

Is Ketarh Apprentice good, or even semi-decent, on any hero?

Gratz! Should be a decent set in the long run, MP is really important.

Looking at your heroes Deb can certainly use it, although she's not very starved for MP.
It would rock on Jenny, but she needs top class gear and probably a few good sets to be really useful. Still a good one to have at 5 stars for rock coocoo and the best slot1 PvP hero with proper gear.
One of the Noblesse characters in the upcoming collaboration event (Raskreia) is also area-type so it might be good on her.

In terms on engame characters who'd use this it's probably Jenny>(Raskreia?)>Klein>=Yekaterina

You probably don't want to use the full set (the mace weapon isn't good, better use a bow), only the armor and accessory.

Xetherion

Gratz! Should be a decent set in the long run, MP is really important.

Looking at your heroes Deb can certainly use it, although she's not very starved for MP.
It would rock on Jenny, but she needs top class gear and probably a few good sets to be really useful. Still a good one to have at 5 stars for rock coocoo and the best slot1 PvP hero with proper gear.
One of the Noblesse characters in the upcoming collaboration event (Raskreia) is also area-type so it might be good on her.

In terms on engame characters who'd use this it's probably Jenny>(Raskreia?)>Klein>=Yekaterina

You probably don't want to use the full set (the mace weapon isn't good, better use a bow), only the armor and accessory.

Thanks! Yeah i was thinking about Jenny, though i had stopped using her to make room for Mu. Maybe i'll start leveling her up again once i finish getting Mu and Carrot to 5*. Though i also want to level up Chris and Alex... speaking of, who would serve me better as a Paper tank/stunner, Chris or Alex? Chris seems like a better tank, but Alex has a bigger aoe stun with a higher proc chance.

Shurayuki

Thanks! Yeah i was thinking about Jenny, though i had stopped using her to make room for Mu. Maybe i'll start leveling her up again once i finish getting Mu and Carrot to 5*. Though i also want to level up Chris and Alex... speaking of, who would serve me better as a Paper tank/stunner, Chris or Alex? Chris seems like a better tank, but Alex has a bigger aoe stun with a higher proc chance.

Alex has slightly better HP, Def and Att, but they're very close so it doesn't really matter.

Overall I think most would agree Alex is by far the better unit, he can take as much punishment and deals significantly more damage,
Also Chris' 3rd skill was a neat idea, but the current implementation (no armor reduction on the siphoned damage) means you just take a lot more damage than necessary.

As far as stunning goes Alex will run out of MP quickly since it's on his 3rd, so Chris is still an ok choice there. For PvE you're probably better off using either Mu (bosses) or another CC with better percentages.
For rock coocoos you will want 2 or 3 out of Chris/Alex/Unknown anyways so whynotboth.gif.

Xetherion

So apparently Nexon locked the new character Seira behind a paywall. I refuse to play games with paywalls, so i guess i'm quitting FWT. It's a shame, this was my favorite mobile game i've played so far. Oh well.

Shurayuki

So apparently Nexon locked the new character Seira behind a paywall. I refuse to play games with paywalls, so i guess i'm quitting FWT. It's a shame, this was my favorite mobile game i've played so far. Oh well.

Yes it sucks, it's not like she's that great and even if she was, that's still something I could afford BUT...paywalls just aren't acceptable.

Sad too because the rest of the update is top notch and the Noblesse content is great too (though the sets slightly reek of p2w too, a SS set that grants 2 turns invincibility, really?).

They're getting a lot of heat so hopefully something changes. Game is ace.

garath

I haven't played this is awhile. I see they still haven't fixed the Motorola phone issue. It has said it is incompatible with my phone since the third or fourth update. I had to download the apk elsewhere to keep playing the game I had put money into. Wasn't happy.

Uthred

Hadnt played in a week or two, love Noblesse so decided to login, have to say any chance of me "coming back" is being repelled by all the paywall stuff, especially as the game was so good about it beforehand

mus6677

I just applied to join Neogaf guild. My IGN is mindlessmind. I hope inbachi lurking around here to accept my guild application

Uthred

Just a heads up, if you use auto-retry on the Lost Island stuff it blows through any story scenes it seems. I assumed it would pause but when I went back to it I simply had Nirvana. Got all the Noblesse stuff, nearly missed the fact you can buy a Lord costume of Rai that totally transforms him, his attack and the main menu screen. Feeling sort of done with the game again, unless they continue doing crossovers with good Korean manwha (Breaker next please ;) )

question..
I've got mazuka, should i farm his genes or should i stop bothering?

additionally i have both franken and raks.. and about 8000 R sigil.. what should i buy with these?

Fishious

question..
I've got mazuka, should i farm his genes or should i stop bothering?

additionally i have both franken and raks.. and about 8000 R sigil.. what should i buy with these?

Since we have no idea when/if the Noblesse event will come back I'd suggest maxing everyone's skills if you can. Much better than wasting perfect genes. One of my friend's mercs is a Muzaka and he actually seems pretty damn good. This 3rd skill's huge hitbox, high dmg modifier, plus additional defense ignoring damage make it extremely useful. His other skills aren't bad either.

Anyways, I assume you're buying all the once per day stuff (if not you should be). IMO next priority is Frankenstein's R coin costume, set equipment for the characters you actually plan to use (since the sets only work on specific collab characters), devil's souls, perfect genes, then Noblesse coocoos if you have extra (note these only work on the collab characters).

Since we have no idea when/if the Noblesse event will come back I'd suggest maxing everyone's skills if you can. Much better than wasting perfect genes. One of my friend's mercs is a Muzaka and he actually seems pretty damn good. This 3rd skill's huge hitbox, high dmg modifier, plus additional defense ignoring damage make it extremely useful. His other skills aren't bad either.

Anyways, I assume you're buying all the once per day stuff (if not you should be). IMO next priority is Frankenstein's R coin costume, set equipment for the characters you actually plan to use (since the sets only work on specific collab characters), devil's souls, perfect genes, then Noblesse coocoos if you have extra (note these only work on the collab characters).
i was not buying the daily stuff :X
shame on me :X
sooo
1) buy daily stuff DONE
2) buy frnaken r costum (DONE)
2) buy set equipment (only fo raks i guess? i don't overly like frank..)
3) buy devil souls DONE
4) buy perfect genes (DONE)
5) nobless cocoos

should i buy frank and raks gene? how many genes do i need to max them? I've got already 200 for rak and franken each :p

Fishious

i was not buying the daily stuff :X
shame on me :X
should i buy frank and raks gene? how many genes do i need to max them?

If you haven't maxed Frank and Rask then you're going to have to make some tough decisions on this. I'd been farming through this whole period so I haven't had to really consider what I want, but it may be best to ignore Frank. I hear he's not well liked due to the low % chance to break his seal, which is required to even use his 3rd skill. So just skip his genes, costume, and set equips.

Raskreia is pretty good so I'd recommend maxing her skill as your first priority. I forget how many genes it takes, but you'll max it with none left over by purchasing all the ones on the store. I think it's 2000 total between unlocking her and maxing. For the daily stuff, since you're going to be really limited on genes you may want to stick with the equipment capsule. The modification stones are also good because they're otherwise hard to come by, but you may need to skip them. So yeah, max Rask and get her equip set. If you've got extra maybe get Muzaka's.

edit: Damn, didn't see your edit quick enough. Remember, you can farm R coins pretty efficiently with low energy cost stages. Muzaka 1 gives a pretty good return and gives a couple of genes each run, but since we're so close to the end of the event you may want to do the highest stage you can for genes (though it gives fewer R coin/energy).

Top Bottom