• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 Reviews Thread

NHale

I guess Ubisoft can still release games that don't run like complete ass, 1 out of 3.

AC: Unity and ..... ?

This shit again? Underutilization of it's best character elements was by far the most biggest disappointment in Far Cry 3. I thought that they just didn't really know what they had until too far into the development and had to roll with what they got but surely wouldn't repeat that mistake in Far Cry 4. This was the one thing I was sure they would try to do right this time. Is it that they honestly just don't realize the most interesting elements of their games before it's too late? At least the reviews sound positive so that's good. It looks really solid gameplay wise which of course is the most important thing.

Or maybe they removed Pagan Min importance in the game after the initial reveal and the reception from games media and fans about him and the cover of the game.

ducksauce

Glad it's getting good reviews. The fact that it's more Far Cry 3 is the only thing keeping me from buying this. I put over 60 hours into FC3 and still haven't done everything so I'm not sure im ready for more just yet. I'll definitely pick up the GOTY later though.

Mithan

Neo Member
FarCry 3 was the best shooter I have played in years (with a retarded main character and tatoos that I disliked).

That being said, I really look forward to FC4.

It looks like most reviews docked them a point or so for not being "original enough", which is fine.

knerl

COOP in the campaign! Finally!
A big issue in FC3 not being able to explore the world freely with a friend.

Ubisoft redeemed?

The thing is, Ubisoft the publisher is still shady and at times incompetent, even though Ubisoft the multi-faceted developer (multiple development teams/houses to be honest) is... well, just that. You can't judge "Ubisoft" as a developer because there is no such thing. This is the Far Cry team. The Assassin's Creed team has always been the same: letting its reach exceed its grasp, chewing more than it can bite, over-promising/under-delivering, etc.

They're all under the Ubi Montreal name, but it's really different directors and development teams that move constantly from one project to another.

Chabbles

I might pick this up next year for the map editor alone. But i got a feeling the single player campaign and the world will become extremely repetitive when the novelty wears off after 5 to 8 hours, so in no rush to jump in.

Sothpaw

VanOrd says it has an even worse story than Far Cry 3. Now that is going to be interesting to see. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way too much, I just want a nice mindless open world shooter that puts my PC to the test.

e_i

Next week is GOING TO BE AWESOME. Best week in gaming ever?

GTA 5
FC4
DA: I
Smash Brothers WiiU
Little Big Planet 3

ironcreed

Banned
The game always looked great. It took Far Cry 3, built on it a bit and set it in the Himalayas. Very much looking forward to my time with it.

I'm not surprised. I expect it to be fantastic. There are so many games I want next week but this is the only one I'm getting day one.

Next week is GOING TO BE AWESOME. Best week in gaming ever?

GTA 5
FC4
DA: I
Smash Brothers WiiU
Little Big Planet 3
It's insane. I'd buy all 5 if I had the time.

Getting this and LBP3 day one this month. Bought COD a few days ago since it's convenient for 30 minutes - 1 hour of quick play with friends. Will be getting Tales of Hearts R and possibly a PSVITA memory card on top of that.

My wallet. :p

Holy shit didn't think about that.

Wallet am cry

827111_0.jpg

cluderi

YES!! I loved FC3 and FC4 sounds great.

Between Far Cry 4, GTA V and Dragon Age Inquisition late Nov - December is going to be pretty full for gaming.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
FC3 was one of my favorite FPS, got FC4 pre-ordered. LBP3, FC4 and GTAV all on the same day, wow.

Meia

Held onto my code for the free game, and waited to see which of the two to get, this or Unity. Obviously Far Cry 4 wins.

Funnily enough Far Cry 3 didn't keep me interested enough to finish it, as once I was mostly done with the side quests I couldn't have been bothered to finish the story. Still amounted to +15 hours, so if 4 is much the same way, ok then!

....now to install Uplay...

Tovarisc

TotalBiscuit

FYI looks like it might be the PC version of Far cry 4 that is being illusive. All reviews seem to be console atm

Far cry 4 embargo is today at 2pm in the UK. We havent received our copy yet, some others reporting same

Sources 1 & 2

You can think what you want about TB, and keep it to yourself so we don't derail this thread, but Ubi apparently holding PC copies back from being reviewed should be red flag for PC players.

Edit: Port is done by same Ubi studio as ACU if that matters, most likely not.

Because it makes sense that way. Would you prefer it alphabetical or completely random?

I would prefer just random order as they come in as putting highest ones first makes it read like promotional game cover, but that is just me.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It looks like it's going to be a good game and great looking, but something makes me not want to pay full price for it. Like I know it's going to drop in price pretty soon. :(

Azlan

So as for the co-op play. I am guessing that you can wander around the world together and unlock towers, hunt creatures, take outposts, etc. and that progress will carry over to both of your games - but you can't co-op storyline missions. Does anyone know if that is correct?

It is surprisingly difficult to find a clear answer to this.

Top Bottom