• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Announced, more details coming soon

nOoblet16

The font will get coloured according to the theme of the game when more detail come up I guess.

Farcry Western ? Farcry Jurassic Park?
Last thing I'd want is another tropical island Farcry. Perhaps they can finally try to do something like Farcry 2 but with better execution.

Rival

Gold Member
Loved far cry 3 enough to play through it completely twice and platinumed far cry 4 so yes I will take more!

RdN

I'm cautious on this one.

Love Far Cry 3, but 4 was a big let down for me.

Let's see what they do this time around.

Shredderi

Ok I have to ask, where does this whole montana cop thing some people are mentioning come from? A far cry set in a modern city would be horrible. I actually couldn't think of anything worse to happen to the series. Modern day city would be the worst setting I could think of. Please no god no noooooooo.

Ok I have to ask, where does this whole montana cop thing some people are mentioning come from? A far cry set in a modern city would be horrible. I actually couldn't think of anything worse to happen to the series. Modern day city would be the worst setting I could think of. Please no god no noooooooo.

.....are you at all familiar with Montana? If so it won't be set in a major city.

And every Far Cry game but Primal has been set in current day.

hm, this just reminded me i never played primal

i liked 4, is primal worth checking out for cheap?

no no no

The combat is terrible, the quests are terrible, the world is uninteresting, it relies on "hunter vision" or whatever way too much and it's just overall a really poor effort imo. Pretty much the only good thing about it is that it's pretty.

The whole modern cop in Montana thing is actually a very cool / unique set up. I'm thinking a No Country for Old Men type vibe. Pickup trucks, "Big Sky" country, etc. Could be very cool

Can I be excited?
Yes I can!
I understand how some feel that the Ubi formula is overused, but I try to take each game as an experience on their own..
frankly I don't blame ubi for using a formula that they perfected themselves..
farcry 3/4/primal and the latest AC are basically prime examples of free roaming sandbox games for me :)

Jocund

Montana? What kind of enemies could we face in Montana that could justify FC's open world design?
Dixie Mafia. Bank robbers. Drug dealers. Assuming you're a sheriff or some kind of law enforcement officer, this could very easily be a Justified-esque game.

I hope Walton Goggins is in this.

Finaj

While I'd welcome it, I don't think Ubisoft has the balls to make the main enemies red necks/sovereign citizens/KKK.

KDC720

Yeah, the red and blue certainly gives credence to the police/Montana thing.

Fighting some some seperatist miltia is a neat idea but I don't know if it works for a Far Cry game, seems better suited for something under the Clancy umbrella.

Montana? What kind of enemies could we face in Montana that could justify FC's open world design?
Think No Country For Old Men, Hell or High Water, The Place Beyond The Pines, The Way of The Gun, Longmire, Justified

Neo-western/Appalachian noir

Mifec

Dixie Mafia. Bank robbers. Drug dealers. Assuming you're a sheriff or some kind of law enforcement officer, this could very easily be a Justified-esque game.

I hope Walton Goggins is in this.

There is zero chance it will be even 30% as good as Justified. What a fucking amazing show. But yes I could see the same themes being incorporated.

The whole modern cop in Montana thing is actually a very cool / unique set up. I'm thinking a No Country for Old Men type vibe. Pickup trucks, "Big Sky" country, etc. Could be very cool

Thinking about it more I agree. It'd be also interesting if your character was black and you address the racism element that games really haven't touched. Not sure if there are many Montana gaffers but I can't imagine the area is that progressive.

The game needs a lot of technical improvements. I guess next-gen makes sense.

Well Ubi are all in with SIEGE as a service game And just continual updates to it. Which is fine and makes sense.

I still actually think you'll get a sequel to it when new hardware / huge upgrades can be done to it. But yeah I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon. 3-4 years out at least I would think

noomi

Loved Far Cry 1
Far Cry 2 was..... ok, but I never finished
Loved Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4 was good, but I ran out of steam because it was basically 3.5
Far Cry Prima..., bought during sale, played for 10 min and deleted

Not a lot of hope for Far Cry 5....

Top Bottom