• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Announced, more details coming soon

Peroroncino

Oh wow...

c7xhOav.jpg

jbug617

Banned
I think they are using the Oregon Militia situation as the basis of the game.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-take-over-federal-building-in-rural-oregon/

BURNS, Ore. — A group of armed anti-government activists remained encamped at a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon on Sunday evening, vowing to occupy the outpost for years to protest the federal government’s treatment of a pair of local ranchers set to report to prison Monday.

The occupation of a portion of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, about 30 miles southeast of Burns, Ore., began a day earlier, after a small group of men broke off from a much larger march and rally held on Saturday evening

The armed occupation is being led by Ammon Bundy, an Idaho rancher whose father, Cliven Bundy, led an armed standoff with federal agents in Nevada in 2014 and who has described his supporters as “militia men.”

DirtyLarry

Yeah I have not been keeping up on things so to read in this thread the rumors are Montana, I am no doubt intrigued by that and think especially due to the political climate right now in the US, Ubisoft can do a lot with that premise. A whole lot.
Really would be great if the rumors are true, and I think the logo shown does indicate they very well may be. Count me in.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Thinking about it more I agree. It'd be also interesting if your character was black and you address the racism element that games really haven't touched. Not sure if there are many Montana gaffers but I can't imagine the area is that progressive.
Just thinking to myself that a black cop lost in Montana = sale for me

MrS

Banned
The good news for Ubisoft is that it can't be any worse than 4, a game that made me make a conscious decision to stop buying Ubisoft games.

The logo gives no hints to the setting guys. It's not worth speculating over.

Thinking about it more I agree. It'd be also interesting if your character was black and you address the racism element that games really haven't touched. Not sure if there are many Montana gaffers but I can't imagine the area is that progressive.

WHITE GENOCIDEEEEEE

- twitter idiots

so I'm all for it

nOoblet16

Any chance of Rainbow Six: Siege 2?
Siege is fine as it is at the moment gameplay wise, it is still the most unique shooter out there atm.

The biggest improvements that the game needs are all backend stuff rather than anything else and you don't need a sequel to fix that, so not sure what a sequel will actually bring right now unless the design is changed heavily. Which is probably why they have decided to make the game what it is today with continuous update. We probably won't get another Rainbow Six for another 2-3 years.

iFirez

I have an odd feeling this could be a really big departure for the series and be something really unique... hope we get a trailer or screenshots soon, at the very least we may get some details from this call coming up.

Just_one

can anyone get me a HQ picture of the logo with that background but with saying a new era begins ? i want that as a wallpaper

kiyomi

Yeah I have not been keeping up on things so to read in this thread the rumors are Montana, I am no doubt intrigued by that and think especially due to the political climate right now in the US, Ubisoft can do a lot with that premise. A whole lot.
Really would be great if the rumors are true, and I think the logo shown does indicate they very well may be. Count me in.

Ubisoft are not exactly known for especially critical or politically interesting writing, though. Whenever they try to do something in those realms, it always comes across extremely heavy-handed -- a result, I think, of the size of the company and the money involved. They're extremely risk and controversy averse, and FC5 will be no different, should it end up as per your speculation.

deadlast

1960s west theme with corrupt Oil Men, hired guns, untrusting locals, bandits, horses, motor cycles, and 4x4 vehicles. That is what I would like.

Same. Love that subgenre in literature and movies but it's never really been done in games.

On one hand, Ubisoft will likely fuck it up story-wise, but on the other, they're really great at designing authentic and detailed worlds (i.e. Assassin's Creed's historical settings, Watch Dogs 2's NPCs), so they might nail it on that side

Ubisoft are not exactly known for especially critical or politically interesting writing, though. Whenever they try to do something in those realms, it always comes across extremely heavy-handed -- a result, I think, of the size of the company and the money involved. They're extremely risk and controversy averse, and FC5 will be no different, should it end up as per your speculation.
They kind of tried with WD2, and Marcus got a lot of praise last year

Shredderi

I want my exotic or downright fantastical setting! No boring modern day city stuff please. One thing Far Cry has always had going for it was these exotic locations.

bombshell

So again, can someone tell me where this Montana mumbojumbo is coming from?

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...rew-poplar-shoot-scenes-video-game/101241072/

Jason Schreier from Kotaku revealed through hints that the filming was for a Far Cry game.

Producer of the live action trailer leaked that the game is released in September.

This is all very vague so I don't want to put the wrong pieces together and make an educated guess that turns out to be incorrect, but just to help prevent too many people from getting excited, I don't think this is RDR2; I think it's the next game game in a different series that I've heard is set in a location that sounds a lot like this. Rockstar doesn't do live-action trailers, after all.

You guys are good!

Really hoping the "cop in Montana" thing pans out. Montana is a beautiful place and doing a small-town cop vs. criminals story could be really cool.

Struct09

I hope they found a way to shake the formula up a bit. I loved 3 and 4 and thought Primal was OK, but need something more fresh here.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Siege is fine as it is at the moment gameplay wise, it is still the most unique shooter out there atm.

The biggest improvements that the game needs are all backend stuff rather than anything else and you don't need a sequel to fix that, so not sure what a sequel will actually bring right now unless the design is changed heavily. Which is probably why they have decided to make the game what it is today with continuous update. We probably won't get another Rainbow Six for another 2-3 years.
If they do decide to make it, I hope it's the same team. Siege is Ubisoft's best game after Chaos Theory. Lately I have been playing it a lot.

Jb

I'm really skeptical about it feeling different enough gameplay-wise from 3/4/Primal when the last game came out a year ago.

It's the same thing than what happened with AC: new settings but same repetitive core mechanics with some minor additions. 4 already felt like a huge retread of 3 and did so little with the Nepal setting.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting it.

kaskade

That neo western theme would be great. We have RDR2 coming out this year so I would rather something a bit different. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to have an idea as that logo doesn't seem to say much.

Marcel

Good idea - Justified-type game where it's cops vs. small time criminals in a grey area of society where everyone is playing each other for money and power

Bad idea - Hero Cop™ fights aw shucks hillbillies who are Christian/God crazy cultists and maybe some timely Donald Trump references!

It's Ubisoft so I'm gonna guess it's the latter.

Top Bottom