• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

Think about it this way, if you waited for every game to be finished updating, you are likely never even going to get to fully experience the game because by that time servers will likely be turned off. This is the reality for most modern day AAA games, they get updated for months or even years.

This is a flawed, but highly reviewed game that most people seem to be enjoying and i highly doubt they are adding more than a couple of minutes worth of cutscenes. If you want to play it then a game then play it.

Yeaaaah...nah, I'll wait, thanks.

KupoNut

Gentiana also probably has one of the coolest cutscenes in the whole game
when she shuts Ardyn up and freezes him by putting her finger on his lips
, but that felt so random, lol. It's telling when I'm struggling to find many cool moments in cutscenes in a FF game.

I loved this too so much. I was fangirling inside and going "REKT!".

Methinks lots of people here are severely overestimating how much story these patches will add.

My advice? If you wanna play it, just play it now. Game is great. A scattered handful of cutscenes, which is what you'll get, won't change the experience one whit. The story is what it is.

There's absolutely no reason why Gentiana couldn't be a party member with you the whole trip. In fact it would've been better. Then she could peace out in chapter 12
after the blessing.
You would then know that she knows you deserve it. Same is true of Arenea. No reason after chapter 7 or so she shouldn't be with you. You could then have her troops evacuate the citizens or have her peace out in chapter 12. All of this should've been done from the getgo. The story is weaker without a true heroine.

Zakalwe

Banned
Methinks lots of people here are severely overestimating how much story these patches will add.

My advice? If you wanna play it, just play it now. Game is great. A scattered handful of cutscenes, which is what you'll get, won't change the experience one whit. The story is what it is.

Added context for certain characters, a few more lines of dialogue, a cutscene or two, etc... could add much more weight to certain story beats. The story came together for me in the end, but parts felt far too fractured to have any kind of impact. It really wouldn't take a lot to fix this.

I think it might be worth waiting unless you're really desperate to play asap.

Tyaren

There's absolutely no reason why Gentiana couldn't be a party member with you the whole trip. In fact it would've been better. Then she could peace out in chapter 12
after the blessing.
You would then know that she knows you deserve it. Same is true of Arenea. No reason after chapter 7 or so she shouldn't be with you. You could then have her troops evacuate the citizens or have her peace out in chapter 12. All of this should've been done from the getgo. The story is weaker without a true heroine.

Yeah, there is also no reason to not have Jared at least for a good portion in the party since he turned out to be so integral to the story and a true martyr.
He mustn't be forgotten!

-Ryn

Banned
after the blessing.
What do you mean by "true heroine"? Luna would arguably already be that and even there wasn't one what would it do for the story?

Gentiana accompanying the boys wouldn't have made sense given that she was supposed to be with the Oracle and
her identity as Shiva was unknown to them
. We also knew that
she was observing them throughout their journey
so it wasn't a mystery that she knew
Noctis was worthy of her blessing
. Her role was fine imo; it was just executed (like so many other aspects of this game) poorly.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i switched to easy post-game to see if theres a difference, what the fuck? I almost died on purpose and aranea joined my team out of nowhere!? Carbuncle also rezzed me once, why doesnt aranea join you randomly on normal? D:

I hope they will give us solid dates soon. Really enjoying the game so far, it can only get better imo.

And btw, there are so many unmarked spoilers in this thread :-(. Please use spoiler tags, even if they're minor.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ETA on patch? I want to replay...

i switched to easy post-game to see if theres a difference, what the fuck? I almost died on purpose and aranea joined my team out of nowhere!? Carbuncle also rezzed me once, why doesnt aranea join you randomly on normal? D:
She does. Happened to me after 95 hours lol.

weird, she never did for me, also in my 70 hours of play i havent managed to summon titan ONCE. wtf

You have to be in a certain part of Eos and meet certain conditions before you can activate a summon. The game checks every 10 seconds to see if you've met those conditions apparently.

Titan is the only one I haven't summoned either and it's a big shame. I really thought they would be more frequent.

Neiteio

The new content should add more Iris.

Speaking of which, I accidentally hit the Share button and took these shots of Iris... and then I accidentally copied them to a USB stick... and then I accidentally plugged the stick into my laptop, and uploaded them to the Internet:

ffxv-iris00180ui1.png
ffxv-iris002c6uao.png
ffxv-iris003ffugw.png
ffxv-iris004z8upo.png
ffxv-iris005mjuq0.png
ffxv-iris0062lumv.png
ffxv-iris007jdu0n.png
ffxv-iris0084yun2.png
ffxv-iris009znu91.png
ffxv-iris010vsulz.png
ffxv-iris011w4uj4.png
ffxv-iris012y6uef.png
ffxv-iris013hbucq.png
ffxv-iris01425uiv.png
ffxv-iris015plur9.png
ffxv-iris016xkucx.png

Lernaean

Banned

Speaking of which, I accidentally hit the Share button and took these shots of Iris... and then I accidentally copied them to a USB stick... and then I accidentally plugged the stick into my laptop, and uploaded them to the Internet:

Quite a few accidents there XD

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ETA on patch? I want to replay...
Don't count on it being anytime soon. I'd expect it to hit at least around when Episode Gladio comes out, if not a bit after.

KupoNut

Wasn't there going to be a patch in December for Pro compatibility? Would be good if that had the chapter 13 enhancements along with some bugfixes in already.

lol

And yeah, I'd like to see more of her too.

Windam

Scaley member
Seeing as I'm doing every single hunt and sidequest I find, it's probably gonna take me a while anyway. Played for three hours yesterday and I'm not even at Galdin Quay.

Are you me? That's what I've been doing (and yeah I'm at the part where I need to drive to Galdin Quay for the first time).

Dark_castle

Isn't Iris a minor? Don't get too "accidentally" obsessed with taking shots of her. :p

Maffis

Ive been holding off playing because Ive heard reports of chapter 13 being really bad and if they are gonna fix that id rather hold off playing. Is it true?

Ive been holding off playing because Ive heard reports of chapter 13 being really bad and if they are gonna fix that id rather hold off playing. Is it true?

Its a little boring but claiming that you shouldnt play the game because of it is extreme hyperbole. Whenever you see an extreme post about this game just remember that its getting 8s and 9s.

You are so clumsy, Neiteio.

Foffy

Banned
Has the first patch gotten a date?

I believe the first patch in terms of content is the Holiday update, which predates these announcements.

So that would likely be adding an all new dream scenario to the game that fans wanted to play, which was originally designed from promotional purposes.

Koriandrr

No amount of patches and updates can fix the disappointment I felt after finishing this game. :(

Also, all the unexplained
disappearances of your bros, like Gladio leaving the party, Ignis losing his eyesight and Prompto getting kidnapped and tortured
will most likely be paid DLCs. GG

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

That looks like someone out of the new Star Ocean game

Neiteio

When's the Episode Jared DLC.
I remember reading an interview with the DLC director where they said the Gladio DLC would be action-oriented, the Ignis DLC would be tactical, and the Prompto DLC would be shooter-oriented.

So naturally, the Jared DLC would be a stylish character action game like Bayonetta.

oti

Banned
I'm very close to chapter 13 and I'm not sure whether I should stop playing and wait. The game is so much fun right now, I don't want the momentum to stop. I guess I'll just continue playing.

What is the Holiday DLC? Christmas stuff? Clothes?

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm very close to chapter 13 and I'm not sure whether I should stop playing and wait. The game is so much fun right now, I don't want the momentum to stop. I guess I'll just continue playing.

C13 is nowhere near as bad as aom make out imo. It repeats itself too often, has more jank, and overstays it's welcome by a good deal, but it also has some effective atmosphere and some good story beats and encounters.

You might even be one of the lucky ones who enjoy it!

Mailbox

C13 is nowhere near as bad as aom make out imo. It repeats itself too often, has more jank, and overstays it's welcome by a good deal, but it also has some effective atmosphere and some good story beats and encounters.

You might even be one of the lucky ones who enjoy it!

I mean, basically this.
It just overstays its welcome and has questionable design choices. Some like it, some seem to think its not horrible, and some hate it.

Neiteio

As someone who really likes the game as is, the prospect of free updates adding even more story content, features and functionality, etc, is super-exciting. This is one current-gen game I could see myself replaying.

Top Bottom