• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

I mean the way it was told
The way it's split into a movie, 4 anime episodes, in game radio, interruptable character conversations, and set ups for future DLC
Just seems like an impossible task to weave all that back into one robust story

Don't forget the strategy guide

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I cant believe this. What a joke. Delay the game if it's not ready. Wish I could could a refund, I'll trade it in tomorrow. Call me again when it's actually finished Square

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
But in the case of XG it wasn't the lack of cutscenes in the second half, it was a lack of game content... lol. They would literally have to make 4+ new dungeons, add more enemies, have a bunch more events where you actually have to go around talking to people, which means more event triggers and optional NPC dialogue, etc. It's actually far easier to patch in cutscenes!

I remember seeing a dungeon in the map of Xenogears Disc 2 that you can't access at all. :/

LiK

Crazy! I'm almost at the end and on chapter 13 and I've found it fun, but that it's too long (the chapter). Whatever improvements they can make though are welcome.

I was so bored by it. It literally sucked out my enjoyment. Bad decisions were made. Surprised no one in their huge dev team mentioned what a shit area it was.

Bladenic

I'm kind of curious.... will these long term goals make the game longer? I remember Tabata saying the story was just 40-50 hours if we do story only. I'm at 25 on chapter 13.... and I'm getting the feeling he lied. Was something NOT completed? Hell, I'm so tired of games that show so much promise *cough launch destiny cough*

There's like 15 hours of story content. Most of that being Chapter 13 and driving around.

I think a fair compromise, just from a story perspective would be to allow players with game cleared data to view any new cutscenes. The anime episodes are on Youtube so whatever but they need more of the backstory IN THE GAME. There is no reason this game is so short (besides time and money I guess) when so much more needed to be elaborated on.

Edit: re episode Ignis
It better be pre blindness because I'm not slogging around a destroyed city with a cane for 2 hours

So, I'm on chapter 8 or so so far. I just finally took the damn boat ride that they've been talking about since the beginning of the game...should I just wait until the patch to play again? I think I'm kinda screwed and can't go back to the main land for side quests and hunts now =\

I was so bored by it. It literally sucked out my enjoyment. Bad decisions were made. Surprised no one in their huge dev team mentioned what a shit area it was.

I enjoy the gameplay and progression. Just think it's running on too long.

Are you fucking serious

Stop playing right now people

Do not get up to that chapter until the patch hits

I repeat

DO NOT PLAY THE WORST CHAPTER IN FF HISTORY UNTIL IT'S FIXED

Which chapter is that? I haven't started the game yet, need to know when to stop

Ray Down

Banned
So, I'm on chapter 8 or so so far. I just finally took the damn boat ride that they've been talking about since the beginning of the game...should I just wait until the patch to play again? I think I'm kinda screwed and can't go back to the main land for side quests and hunts now =\

Your not, you can go back.

Bladenic

So, I'm on chapter 8 or so so far. I just finally took the damn boat ride that they've been talking about since the beginning of the game...should I just wait until the patch to play again? I think I'm kinda screwed and can't go back to the main land for side quests and hunts now =

you can go back. Go to an inn and you'll have an option to call Umbra.

And I highly doubt these cutscenes will add that much to the game. You can always just YouTube them.

I much prefer free patches rather than paying full price for an International Zodiac Job Systems or Final Mix.

Very welcome, thanks Tabata.

Mortemis

Banned
Feeling good about my decision to wait a while for this. I'll hop in a half a year or so, maybe wait even longer, hope they got the best game they can offer by then

jb1234

I'll bet the cutscenes will be as hamfistedly implemented as the Kingsglaive and Omen stuff too.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much of an improvement on the story level, short of a complete overhaul of the game's structure. Just plopping in a few cutscenes here and there isn't going to fix this game's plot and character problems.

Ruff

Other updates in the works: Added more points where you stand around on trains for 10 minutes waiting for it to stop with nothing to do.

Azuran

Banned
See what happens when you unceremoniously kick Nomura-sama from a project?

Tabata should resign after this embarrassment.

I'm in Chapter 2. What the hell happens in Ch13 holy shit, is it really that bad? That's a rhetoric question. Don't answer me.

The one thing I'm against is adding an avatar. This is FF, not Elder Scrolls. Noctis is Noctis, this game is done, do not shoehorn character creation please!

Timeaisis

The story isn't even the worst problem. The gameplay just gets boring real quick.

Other Final Fantasy games had this thing when you'd get tired of one popular, they'd introduce the other. Lots of exposition, have a dungeon. Lots of battles, have some dialogue.

FFXV feels like they just load all of one thing into giant subsections, with absolutely no balance.

The bad story isn't the worst problem, but it's one of them. I'm not sure anything they can do will fix the broken game structure.

I mean, I'm halfway into the game right now. Do I stop and wait for all this? What a waste of time. :/

You have just described parts of this game very well.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
This is more evidence it's selling poorly. Last ditch effort to save it from continuing to bomb everywhere saleswise. A move to re-energize interest and catch it before the holiday sales season ends.

Erm, where's the initial evidence? This is the first I'm seeing of anyone thinking it's not selling well.

I just started playing yesterday and haven't heard anything about chapter 13. Only like 2 or 3 hours in. Is this worth putting off playing the game until they fix it?

Those long term goals are crazy. What do they mean by playable, exactly? Guest party members, or something like actually making it so you can play as prompto and gladio, etc. I wondered if they might find some way to do the latter, since they're trying to make them playable in the DLC, but I definitely didn't expect that to actually happen(and still don't tbh)

you can go back. Go to an inn and you'll have an option to call Umbra.

And I highly doubt these cutscenes will add that much to the game. You can always just YouTube them.

Yeah I already know the story from people posting spoilers on facebook and such I think I'll just finish the main game and work towards the plat...probably will just youtube the videos or do a new game + if its real.

Edzi

Jesus... some of the hyperbole in this thread.

I'm seriously confused. The OT seems pretty happy, but in here you'd think this game killed some people's dogs. I'm still really early in the game and I'm confused about what this could mean, and the extreme responses really aren't helping.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I mean... on the one hand, this is kind of admitting that the story was poorly told... but on the other hand, how many times have people complained about the story and asked for more DLC and actually had it happen?

This is like if Chapter 3 of MGSV happened for MGS fans

I'm seriously confused. The OT seems pretty happy, but in here you'd think this game killed some people's dogs. I'm still really early in the game and I'm confused about what this could mean, and the extreme responses really aren't helping.

Sounds like an FF game all right.

Not to say the complaints are unwarranted or anything but polarization like that is definitely par for the course for the series, for better or for worse.

Also what do they mean by making your own character? Like customizing Noctis mass effect style?

If I can play as a girl Noctis you bet I'm gonna do it

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I remember seeing a dungeon in the map of Xenogears Disc 2 that you can't access at all. :/

Wait, which location are you referencing? I've beaten the game ten times, lol. I've been a sorta prominent member of its dedicated board on another site since I was a kid. This is eluding me, though. There's a ton of content missing on Disc 2, but which dungeon are you talking about?

This is like if Chapter 3 of MGSV happened for MGS fans

Yeah, kind of.

See what happens when you unceremoniously kick Nomura-sama from a project?

Tabata should resign after this embarrassment.

To be fair, Nomura released Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

All of them included in cutscenes, changes to gameplay, and additional gameplay modes and was sold for the price of a new game.

Tabata's doing that but for free through patches.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
PLAYABLE JARED SEQUENCE PLEASE

Top Bottom