• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

jimmypython

I mean, there's some point to it if they're planning online co-op.

I guess their intentions there might out the fact the main campaign will not be playable with this expansion, but something else altogether.

I can totally see them allowing you to create a character for a battle arena mode to play with others.

FINAL FANTASY XV - EPISODE ONLINE

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty impossible task to fix the story imo
Plus they are only focusing on 1 character

The story isn't the problem. To you it might, but to others the major issue of the story was that it's lacking.

And it seems like it's not only Ravus they're expanding on only based on the latter translation.

Chapter 13's problem wasn't (just) the ring. The bigger issues is that it could have been a fourth of the length and been more effective. Hell, make it half the length if they don't feel comfortable tossing out that much. I love XV and liked the idea behind chapter 13, but Jesus it was terrible in execution.

Honestly I'm not sure if adding in more cutscenes will fix anything. They would only really work if they're actual scenes where Noctis and the gang interact with those characters. The omnipotent narration scenes were the worst in the game and went against an otherwise clear narration standpoint of focusing solely on the main group and their discovery of everything going wrong.

leng jai

It's going to be comical of people that played and finished it at launch get an inferior experience, and not just performance wise.

I wouldn't stop there. The game is really good. It's just the last few chapters show that this game has a good story but the game hit a budget in time to show it. I really think that is the case.

Yes, i like what i´ve played so far, which is why i wanted to continue this weekend. But if they make the ending better and the overall story less confusing i´d rather wait. But this is probably gonna take months not 1 to 2 weeks. Fuck me. And Square.

I'm kind of curious.... will these long term goals make the game longer? I remember Tabata saying the story was just 40-50 hours if we do story only. I'm at 25 on chapter 13.... and I'm getting the feeling he lied. Was something NOT completed? Hell, I'm so tired of games that show so much promise *cough launch destiny cough*

GunBR

I'm kind of curious.... will these long term goals make the game longer? I remember Tabata saying the story was just 40-50 hours if we do story only. I'm at 25 on chapter 13.... and I'm getting the feeling he lied. Was something NOT completed? Hell, I'm so tired of games that show so much promise *cough launch destiny cough*
It's
20-25
hours to beat the story

And the only way they can make this longer is if they add 10 hours of cutscenes lol

KyleCross

I don't really think it needs to be spoiler tagged but:

Chapter
~13~
is the bad one.

Chapter
~09~
is where you should stop and do side quests, where you have the most things open to you without being in the post game.

So, I'm on chapter 5. Once I get to chapter
~9~
I should stop progressing the main story and just focus on side-content? That definitely would make the wait easier as it'll allow more story and then a lot of side content to explore.
But once you beat the game you can still return and do everything right, or is there a point of no return?

jb1234

I'm mostly just disgusted. It's too late, I'm never going to replay the game. Get your shit right the first time around, SE.

Foffy

Banned
Create your own player charcter....

Sounds stupid but has potential if you can play with other players online and hunt

Online co-op is part of the Season Pass.

I don't believe the base game is properly designed for such a system. It's not IX or XIV where it's designed around multiple human beings playing a session together.

Do we know specifics? I only read it's about the other bros.

I believe it's five chunks of stuff.

- Ignis Episode

- Gladiolas Episode

- Prompto Episode

- Booster Pack

- "Expansion"

No idea what that last one is about...

pablito

Just beat the game myself.

I'm not even mad that they want to do this stuff. It really needs it. Like really really bad. Hopefully they add a lot lol.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
That's a game where I actively wish they had done there what they're doing here.

Xenogears is the video game more deserving of a full-fledged remake than any other I have played, or will likely ever play.

My second favorite game. Used to be my fave, but FFVII somehow eclipsed it recently even though I first played both games near launch.

Holy shit if you are not at Chapter 13 just wait that shit out. It's terrible. Awful. More cutscenes too? I fucking hate square.

But if they fix the game, and make the ending
less annoyingly ambiguous
I'd play it through again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Do we know specifics? I only read it's about the other bros.

Based on the PS4 theme:

Episode Ignis will take place in the destroyed Altissia
Episode Gladiolus will take place in some cave with an Iron Giant
Episode Prompto will take place in a snowy field with footprints

ZeroX03

Banned
So, I'm on chapter 5. Once I get to chapter
~9~
I should stop progressing the main story and just focus on side-content? That definitely would make the wait easier as it'll allow more story and then a lot of side content to explore.
But once you beat the game you can still return and do everything right, or is there a point of no return?

Yes there's no point of no return,
by the open world is locked off at points. Chapter 9 is the last openish content before it goes linear for a stretch.

H13

i just sold this game after finishing it, and now they want to add new shit to ch13 and other stuff?
FFS
i going to youtube that shit then

duckroll

That's a game where I actively wish they had done there what they're doing here.

But in the case of XG it wasn't the lack of cutscenes in the second half, it was a lack of game content... lol. They would literally have to make 4+ new dungeons, add more enemies, have a bunch more events where you actually have to go around talking to people, which means more event triggers and optional NPC dialogue, etc. It's actually far easier to patch in cutscenes!

I'm sure the second half was meant to be like the first half.

jiggle

The story isn't the problem. To you it might, but to others the major issue of the story was that it's lacking.

And it seems like it's not only Ravus they're expanding on only based on the latter translation.
I mean the way it was told
The way it was ripped apart into a movie, 4 anime episodes, in game radio, loadin screens, interruptable character conversations, and set ups for future DLC
Just seems like an impossible task to weave all that back into one robust story

Square2015

This is more evidence it's selling poorly. Last ditch effort to save it from continuing to bomb everywhere saleswise. A move to re-energize interest and catch it before the holiday sales season ends.

Jarmel

Banned
But in the case of XG it wasn't the lack of cutscenes in the second half, it was a lack of game content... lol. They would literally have to make 4+ new dungeons, add more enemies, have a bunch more events where you actually have to go around talking to people, which means more event triggers and optional NPC dialogue, etc. It's actually far easier to patch in cutscenes!

True.

Crazy! I'm almost at the end and on chapter 13 and I've found it fun, but that it's too long (the chapter). Whatever improvements they can make though are welcome.

Top Bottom