• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheeeeeee! Figinstock wins again. I'm sitting in the movie theater waiting to see Man of Steel in 3D when I get an email about Suzuha being available via HLJ. Success!

Wheeeeeee! Figinstock wins again. I'm sitting in the movie theater waiting to see Man of Steel in 3D when I get an email about Suzuha being available via HLJ. Success!
Good job, I got in on that too! I guess they received another batch instead of just one due to someone cancelling their pre-order.

have too many preorders and stuff I want to preorder though =/

I hear you mean. I need to get my ordered list down a bit as well. Probably going to wait 'til I receive some stuff I have coming before I pre-order more. Gonna run out of space before I know it at this rate. 4 figures coming in July.

Lab coat Kurisu from the GSC shop doesn't count though, because reasons.

I hear you mean. I need to get my ordered list down a bit as well. Probably going to wait 'til I receive some stuff I have coming before I pre-order more. Gonna run out of space before I know it at this rate. 4 figures coming in July.

I would order her but I still want

1) 4 of the 7 deadly sins (Satan, Beelzebub, Belphegor and lucifer)
2) Kurisu lab coat
3) Xiaoyu
4) Psylocke
5) Daisy
6) Miku (7th dragon)
7) Stocking (orchid seed)
8) MAYBE dark general (hobby japan)

Suzuha is 10k~ and probably require EMS so another 3.5k~. Thats about 14k so about 145-150 dollars =(. Also I like Kurisu > suzuha

chrono01

Congrats! She's a beauty.

Also, I'm definitely feeling the pre-order strain that many of you are. I have Suzuha pre-ordered [and will pre-order Lab Coat Ver. Kirisu!], but my months leading up to 2014 are pretty packed. It's to the point where I can't really pre-order anything for the rest of the year, but I have set aside an "in case of emergency, break glass here" type of scenario, where if something INCREDIBLE becomes available for pre-order [namely, an exclusive or a figure I feel will become difficult to attain later], I can initiate that plan and pre-order. If not, it will be saved for 2014.

This year has definitely been an amazing year for figures, though. Amazing and expensive. >_<

johnsmith

remember me
So Tharja seems to be selling well.

VVtECUG.png

PrBxn4K.png

y3v0GAg.png

Who's up for a Tharja GAF release party? We can invite Shining Wizard and pretend it's for Christmas :p

2) Kurisu lab coat
3) Xiaoyu
4) Psylocke
5) Daisy
6) Miku (7th dragon)

Suzuha is 10k~ and probably require EMS so another 3.5k~. Thats about 14k so about 145-150 dollars =(. Also I like Kurisu > suzuha

You weren't kidding, that's a rough schedule! I'm kind of hoping Miku is next year at this point since she's got no paint yet, because that's a definite pre-order.

I bet you're right about Suzuha's shipping. That's the second figure in as many months with a massive EMS box for me.

Who's up for a Tharja GAF release party? We can invite Shining Wizard and pretend it's for Christmas :p

You weren't kidding, that's a rough schedule! I'm kind of hoping Miku is next year at this point since she's got no paint yet, because that's a definite pre-order.

I bet you're right about Suzuha's shipping. That's the second figure in as many months with a massive EMS box for me.

those aren't even on my PO
=( I have like 12+

I'm really excited for maede keiji and Jubei but those come out to way later.

I thought Lab Coat Kurisu isn't shipping until November? I know she goes up for pre-order in July.

Well deserved!

The more I look at her, the more I want to order a second. I will resist!

That just seems like an irresponsible use of $$$. You could just get another figure. :p

2) Kurisu lab coat
3) Xiaoyu
4) Psylocke
5) Daisy
6) Miku (7th dragon)

Highlighted figures are the only ones on your list I'm going to be grabbing. I have a decent number of pre-orders in. Don't want to go overboard.

those aren't even on my PO
=( I have like 12+

I'm really excited for maede keiji and Jubei but those come out to way later.

Just went and counted mine. 12 as well. Sigh. A bunch are July and August though so it'll drop before long.

I thought Lab Coat Kurisu isn't shipping until November? I know she goes up for pre-order in July.

Yeah she is I think. I just meant she doesn't count during my pre-order chill out period. Gotta have it.

chrono01

That just seems like an irresponsible use of $$$. You could just get another figure. :p
That's why I haven't ordered her. I do like her enough to want to own two, but I cannot justify doing it.

Purchasing one, though? My finger hit the pre-order button faster than it took my brain to even interpret what I was doing. It was instantaneous.

Purchasing one, though? My finger hit the pre-order button faster than it took my brain to even interpret what I was doing. It was instantaneous.

lol, I've done that before. And then when I was staring at the order confirmation, my brain finally caught up. :D

So I contacted AmiAmi with a very polite letter about my very first cancellation and cited "temporary budgeting issues". Maybe I should have added a "P.S. Please don't ban me."

I just needed to cancel The God Eater Kanon figure. I was going to buy her and Alisa, but never got around to picking up the Alisa figure.

yeah i'll pass on suzuha. I'm wasn't entirely fond of her character in the anime. If it was Mayushi? O hellllllll yeah I would of PO.

chrono01

lol, I've done that before. And then when I was staring at the order confirmation, my brain finally caught up. :D

So I contacted AmiAmi with a very polite letter about my very first cancellation and cited "temporary budgeting issues". Maybe I should have added a "P.S. Please don't ban me."

I just needed to cancel The God Eater Kanon figure. I was going to buy her and Alisa, but never got around to picking up the Alisa figure.
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you keep cancellations to a minimum, give them adequate time ahead of release before you cancel, and are polite in doing so, I can't see them banning you.

When I cancel anything [it's rare, but it happens on occasion], I explain to them that due to budgeting reasons, I'm no longer able to able to afford that particular month's release(s). I then ask them to please cancel a specific figure [the one I've decided to pass on], and explain to them that I know cancellations aren't accepted in general, and if it's unable to do done that I completely understand and will find some way to pay for the entire order.

Basically, ask them to cancel but if it's not possible, to leave things as is. As long as you don't press them, you should be fine. I've had all of the items cancelled as I wanted, but then, I do regular business with them monthly and always pay on-time [99.9% of the time within the same day the invoice is sent].

Despite this, I still tread carefully when I need to cancel anything. It's a stressful experience, but AmiAmi has been completely understandable up until this point. It's why they're my number one store when it comes to my figure collecting/import gaming/import magazine/miscellaneous items/etc. needs! d(^_^)z

RocBase

Got my Sora/Riku Tron Playarts today and they're really quite nice, especially for Playarts! The box too is super snazzy, I almost don't want to remove them from it.

My only gripe is how the blue parts aren't nearly bright enough. I wish they used a neon blue paint or something to make it look as if it were glowing.
Would've been even cooler if it literally lit up.

Despite this, I still tread carefully when I need to cancel anything. It's a stressful experience, but AmiAmi has been completely understandable up until this point. It's why they're my number one store when it comes to my figure collecting/import gaming/import magazine/miscellaneous items/etc. needs! d(^_^)z

Still, I prefer HLJ's system.

Gah Play-Arts! Squeenix never got back to me on my Garrus problem and it's been like 5 months! I wish they're customer service rivaled GSC's that way I'd be more tempted to buy more Play-Arts :\

Anyone from Canada have experience ordering from Amiami or 1999.co. What are their shipping rates like? And does ordering multiple items actually save on shipping costs or is separate cost per item. Final question is which one do you prefer and why(because I notice the prices are different between some pieces on both sites and I have no idea what those points are for.

Didn't like the original much and the new one is better but still not that great imo. It's definitley not as good as some past SDCC exclusives(X-23, Alisa). I do like the way she is sticking her tongue out. Totally appropriate for Harley's attitude.

Didn't like the original much and the new one is better but still not that great imo. It's definitley not as good as some past SDCC exclusives(X-23, Alisa). I do like the way she is sticking her tongue out. Totally appropriate for Harley's attitude.

Yeah, I'm not that big on it either. I think Kitty is probably going to be my next bishoujo.

Quick reminder that Sailor Mercury is going up for pre-orders TONIGHT

tumblr_mp3eyw9TJL1qzdctco1_1280.jpg

As far as I know, she doesn't have any pre-order bonuses like Sailor Moon had.

Also I don't thiiiiiiink Amiami's english site had SM's pre-order up. Amazon had it at least, and it might be the case for this as well.

cajunator

Banned
Quick reminder that Sailor Mercury is going up for pre-orders TONIGHT

tumblr_mp3eyw9TJL1qzdctco1_1280.jpg

As far as I know, she doesn't have any pre-order bonuses like Sailor Moon had.

Also I don't thiiiiiiink Amiami's english site had SM's pre-order up. Amazon had it at least, and it might be the case for this as well.

Shes so cute!

Jessicat

Anyone from Canada have experience ordering from Amiami or 1999.co. What are their shipping rates like? And does ordering multiple items actually save on shipping costs or is separate cost per item. Final question is which one do you prefer and why(because I notice the prices are different between some pieces on both sites and I have no idea what those points are for.
I've only used amiami, but I do tend to get hit by customs a lot lately (+$20~ on top), but their shipping prices are decent; you can choose between EMS, SAL(reg or not), and Airmail(reg or not), unless your order has too much weight to exceed the standards for those. ex., I had an order and when pre-ordering I requested airmail(unregistered). The order turned out to be too heavy and I could only choose between SAL and EMS (which were almost the same amount at ~4,500yen), so I just went with EMS. Canada Post can be incompetant with delivery times too, but that's just CP being CP, lol.
You can only combine (pre)orders by month, though you can add an in-stock item to a pre-order as long as it's the current or next month I think. They do combine shipping so it's not per item/super expensive

chrono01

I've used both and they're very comparable. I prefer AmiAmi more since they seem to be faster with sending out their shipments, have the better price [most of the time], and I like their account management more. I have 99.9% of my pre-orders with them, so I'll continue to use them since it helps in combining monthly shipments. They haven't let me down yet [their considered the #1 online figure shop for a reason :)].

You get more points with HS though, AmiAmi doesn't seem to give our nearly as many. I usually save them up [for a year or so], and then spend whatever I have on an expensive month. It helps out...a bit.

As for shipping rates, from what I've seen they really don't differ much from HS. They tend to use a bit more packing than HS, which increases the shipping rate a bit, but at the very least it provides your ordered items added support in-case something goes wrong. I usually use EMS since my orders are massive in size and SAL Parcel is horrible [slow, just as expensive as EMS, etc.], so I can't vouch for their single/SAL shipment prices. I expect them to be at/near the price of other shops, AmiAmi is pretty great about that.

Ordering/Combining multiple items CAN save on shipping, although only if you have 2+ items that need to be shipped via EMS. If you only have 1 large item and 3 or-or-so smaller items, it might be cheaper to send out the larger figure via EMS and the smaller ones via Regular/Registered SAL. It can vary. I always go with EMS, though, since I don't feel it's worth the headache to ask AmiAmi to split everything up, and my mailwoman must already hate me enough since I have multiple packages arriving monthly. I do not want to add to that further!

Customs does have a tendency to add charges to larger EMS shipments [for instance, those priced between 30,000-50,000+ yen], but sometimes they pass through unscathed. Regular/Registered SAL has a lower chance of this happening, but again, I stick with EMS.

I've only used amiami, but I do tend to get hit by customs a lot lately (+$20~ on top), but their shipping prices are decent; you can choose between EMS, SAL(reg or not), and Airmail(reg or not), unless your order has too much weight to exceed the standards for those. ex., I had an order and when pre-ordering I requested airmail(unregistered). The order turned out to be too heavy and I could only choose between SAL and EMS (which were almost the same amount at ~4,500yen), so I just went with EMS. Canada Post can be incompetant with delivery times too, but that's just CP being CP, lol.
You can only combine (pre)orders by month, though you can add an in-stock item to a pre-order as long as it's the current or next month I think. They do combine shipping so it's not per item/super expensive

I've used both and they're very comparable. I prefer AmiAmi more since they seem to be faster with sending out their shipments, have the better price [most of the time], and I like their account management more. I have 99.9% of my pre-orders with them, so I'll continue to use them since it helps in combining monthly shipments. They haven't let me down yet [their considered the #1 online figure shop for a reason :)].

You get more points with HS though, AmiAmi doesn't seem to give our nearly as many. I usually save them up [for a year or so], and then spend whatever I have on an expensive month. It helps out...a bit.

As for shipping rates, from what I've seen they really don't differ much from HS. They tend to use a bit more packing than HS, which increases the shipping rate a bit, but at the very least it provides your ordered items added support in-case something goes wrong. I usually use EMS since my orders are massive in size and SAL Parcel is horrible [slow, just as expensive as EMS, etc.], so I can't vouch for their single/SAL shipment prices. I expect them to be at/near the price of other shops, AmiAmi is pretty great about that.

Ordering/Combining multiple items CAN save on shipping, although only if you have 2+ items that need to be shipped via EMS. If you only have 1 large item and 3 or-or-so smaller items, it might be cheaper to send out the larger figure via EMS and the smaller ones via Regular/Registered SAL. It can vary. I always go with EMS, though, since I don't feel it's worth the headache to ask AmiAmi to split everything up, and my mailwoman must already hate me enough since I have multiple packages arriving monthly. I do not want to add to that further!

Customs does have a tendency to add charges to larger EMS shipments [for instance, those priced between 30,000-50,000+ yen], but sometimes they pass through unscathed. Regular/Registered SAL has a lower chance of this happening, but again, I stick with EMS.

Thank you both for your help. I think I'm going to be sticking to AmiAmi then because I tend to not order that many figures so I don't see myself saving up many points and everything else sounds in favor of amiami.

I still cant decide between Play Arts Sarah Palmer or Tharja, Sarah is cool but the articulations feels like its a Mcfarlane expensive toy and Tharja is a little ...strange for a Nintendo figure but the detail is amazing.

johnsmith

remember me
I still cant decide between Play Arts Sarah Palmer or Tharja, Sarah is cool but the articulations feels like its a Mcfarlane expensive toy and Tharja is a little ...strange for a Nintendo figure but the detail is amazing.

Tharja. No contest. She's going to be an all time classic, and the price is going to skyrocket immediately upon release.

Play Arts more like play farts. They are almost all awful. Play arts figures are the forgettable and mediocre at best.

Definitely Tharja. You don't want to go through the possibility of dealing with Square's customer service in the likelihood that you get a defective Play-arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom