• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 13 coming to current consoles?

I'd be keen if I could get my save file back. My old copy keeps crashing and I quite enjoyed fighting the final boss every now and then, plus the post-game content. The game's not worth replaying though. And for god's sake, let the damn Lightning Trilogy lie!

Well they need to recoup the costs of FFXV and Kingsglaive somehow.

Let just hope this leads to a performance patch for PC, if they didn't skimp out on the console port.

Bousf

We need the GIF of Light getting out of the coffin to the shock of Noct and Prompto LMAO

Jokes aside, I'd buy a remaster for PS4, game has great gameplay imo

cafemomo

Tell me. How soulless do you have to be to hate the goddess?

I'd buy it. Worth blitzing through the story again to get to that sweet, sweet post-game. The Easy mode from the PC version will be great for grinding too.

icespide

Banned
I really liked FF13, would happily replay it. I never ended up finishing Lightning Returns, wouldn't mind a chance to give it another shot

Rymuth

No interest in this whatsoever

BUT~

I think this confirms SQUENIX's plan to make every Final Fantasy accessible on your platform of choice moving forward (at least in PS4 and PC's case) - if PS4 games are forward compatible, then this holds merit.

Lightning is my wife tbh
She's Toriyama's...and he doesn't like to share.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
None of the current gen Final Fantasy re-releases have hit XB1 (bar Type-0). Are we sure this isn't backwards compatibility?
But previous FF re-releases was never released on a Xbox platform, FFXIII was.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Just XIII? I'd be in if it was the trilogy. Already got the full 1000g in FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and FFLR, and would replay them again. Despite popular belief I found all three of them enjoyable. Hopefully they do bring these out to current gen.

No interest in this whatsoever

BUT~

I think this confirms SQUENIX's plan to make every Final Fantasy accessible on your platform of choice moving forward (at least in PS4 and PC's case) - if PS4 games are forward compatible, then this holds merit.

She's Toriyama's...and he doesn't like to share.
They've stated just this. They want the whole series+as many spin-offs as possible to be playable on PS4+PC.

Levyne

Banned
I literally just ended a session of Lightning Returns on PC and I see this :lol

Hopefully not too much of an aside but how does it run on pc? XIII ran fine-ish but XIII-2 was just garbage performance no matter what tweaks I tried and it held me off on ever trying LR.

HeeHo

People are really down to play all those tutorial chapters and walk down extremely linear paths all over again? This has got to be the least replayable FF for me.

sora87

They're keeping Lightning fresh in our conscious so people don't go in to cardiac arrest when the goddess arrives in Midgar to help Cloud and Avalanche take down Shinra

Fdkn

I will triple dip if true on PS4 and platinum them all again.

Those offended by the existence of a game they don't like, grow up.

Flandy

Hopefully not too much of an aside but how does it run on pc? XIII ran fine-ish but XIII-2 was just garbage performance no matter what tweaks I tried and it held me off on ever trying LR.

There's random dips but playing at 60fps is actually a viable option with LR unlike XIII and XIII-2. Running at 4k60 on my GTX 1080 with like 30% GPU Usage

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Not gonna lie. I'd buy it. The game is already gorgeous, one of the best looking things last gen... And I'd love to chase that 1080p60 dragon...

Top Bottom