• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 13 coming to current consoles?

Ricitor

I was an avid hater of this game back when it came out. As time has gone on I actually don't think it was that bad. It has problems, not doubt about that, but definitely not the train wreck my 16 year old self believed it was. Might give it another go to see where I stand now.

Although, after just hearing the first 10 seconds of this track definitely hit my heart strings. Gorgeous OST.

buzzwords the post

Seriously all these people bashing shit because some of us like it be like

fOdZ8B2.gif

with these posts

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
XB1 BC?

If its a remaster, no thanks. I generally don't hold 13 trilogy in high regard to begin with

Ludens

Banned
Well, it's SE, they did those PC ports for a purpose, sell them again on console too.
The same will happen for FFIX, since it's running on Unity.

Lightning

Banned
I would buy it if they add a critical difficulty to XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. Those games are too easy for my complete liking although they are both fun as he heck to play the lack of a challenge is kinda annoying.

Good. With XII and XIII coming back that covers a large percentage of FF fans who consider either one the WORST Final Fantasy game.

I liked XIII and I liked Lightning. Hell, bring her back to FFXIV in another event. Have her cameo in XV. Make her a secret Coliseum boss in KH3. I'd love to hear all the whiners complain how she's ruining everything.

I like (not love) the trilogy, but after 2 times through XIII and once each for the sequels, I don't think I really want to revisit at this point. Games still look and sound great, so extra polish isn't much incentive.

A 1080/60 version of the three games bundled together might be interesting. I don't have any desire to go back to 13 specifically since I've already beaten it and played through half of it again, but it'd be nice to own it all.

Then again, apparently it runs really poorly on PC so I doubt it'll be 1080/60 for any of them besides Lightning Returns, which had a way better PC port than I was expecting.

Game is objectively bad trash and a true crime against the series for any true fan. People who made of enjoyed this filth should be locked up in some kind of gaming gulag.

Final Fantasy fans are the best.

Hell yes, I hope this is true! I'd double-dip on FF XIII in a second if it came to PS4 (as long as it's been enhanced in some way for current-gen consoles). I've been wanting to replay it anyway, and an enhanced version would be an even better excuse to do that.

It's not perfect by any means, but man I love XIII. I'd be all in for a PS4 version of XIII-2, too. <3

How does even replay FFXIII, sounds a pretty boring affair.

Why do you think I stopped halfway :p

For real though, I enjoyed it a lot on my first playthrough, but it takes too long to get back to Gran Pulse on a second playthrough, which is my favorite part of the game so I just ended up stopping.

rhandino

Banned
!!!

Praise Etro!

191aYks.gif

I love FFXIII for a lot of reasons like the cast in general and it also has one of my favorite endings in the franchise.

I do feel that the Sequels went really weird places and kind of ruined the very complete ending of the original game but they are worthy for the battle system, music and locations.

RK128

It is an odd move, considering the FFXIII series is the symbol of the franchises issues last generation but many loved the game despite how equally as many disliked the game. It was a beautiful title, so seeing it at 1080p/60FPS would be a treat on Xbox One & PS4.

It did well for Square, so not shocked they want to re-release this on current platforms. The game is one I tried in the past and found the combat fun & presentation fantastic but the story being really boring & dumb.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I like (not love) the trilogy, but after 2 times through XIII and once each for the sequels, I don't think I really want to revisit at this point. Games still look and sound great, so extra polish isn't much incentive.

On PS3, like UC2 and UC3, or RDR for 360, XIII-1 is solid enough on the console that a remaster is not all that necessary.

XIII-2 and LR would benefit a lot in the performance department, but i don't consider them worth much in general.

WaterAstro

Just as many people like it as those that don't is why. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Posts like this are annoying dude.

Unless it's taking time off Square-Enix from making KH3, FF15. Yeah, we have the right to be annoyed if this is being made.

Worst Final Fantasy in forever.

Top Bottom