• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 13 coming to current consoles?

So the Final Fantasy game that no one liked gets TWO direct sequels and a remaster.

This is why you vote with your wallet and not your mouth people.

Be prepared for dozens of "But I liked FF13" posts.

Game is trash and no remake/remaster or port could save it from being garbage. It would be funny if it outsold FFXV for a month somewhere in the world, the salt would be gigantic.

Shin-chan

I didn't really like 13 but I'd consider getting this for the sequels which I never played. I'd only be interested if it was 1080p and 60fps though.

So the Final Fantasy game that no one liked gets TWO direct sequels and a remaster.

This is why you vote with your wallet and not your mouth people.
Well... The wallet says FFXIII is iconic and slay, and catching up with FFVII for "ported to most platforms". When will anyone else?

Flandy

Not gonna lie. I'd buy it. The game is already gorgeous, one of the best looking things last gen... And I'd love to chase that 1080p60 dragon...

It won't be 60.
99% of PC Users could not maintain 60 during battles. It would constantly jump from 30 to 60 to 30 over and over.

Game is trash and no remake/remaster or port could save it from being garbage. It would be funny if it outsold FFXV for a month somewhere in the world, the salt would be gigantic.
Also be prepared for a thread full of people that seemingly don't like a game call the game trash,get mad at its existence but pop up in every thread for it than get upset when someone likes it

Ryan_MSF

the irony of you talking about salt with a post like this lmao

Just as many people like it as those that don't is why. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Posts like this are annoying dude.

Nothing against players who like the XIII games, but I find it hard to believe that this game has an equal number of fans to match its detractors.

cafemomo

lmao why are people so assblasted about a videogame.

The thought of someone out there enjoying a product must be detrimental to your health it seems.

Ploid 3.0

I remember passing on getting this game for free, and I considered learning Japanese just so I could play this game when it launched years earlier. I still haven't touched it.

If people are still interested in playing it, so be it. If they aren't, just let it die.

JBwB

It's inevitable. The previous FF games are have already made their way onto the current consoles / PC.

Got FFXIII & FFXIII-2 on steam already so I won't bother triple dipping.

If it has more trophies I guess I can get down with that. My FFXIII platinum suffering just wasn't enough. Now I must suffer again!

If this is a collection can they please leave Lightning Returns out? I don't even want to think about going back to that. :( Well actually if it is a collection I 100% won't. No fucking way. Nightmare of a game. Gross.

I can respect those that like this game, but I gave this game a shot and other than the music and graphics I didn't like it at all.

Salarians

They're keeping Lightning fresh in our conscious so people don't go in to cardiac arrest when the goddess arrives in Midgar to help Cloud and Avalanche take down Shinra
This is a beautiful dream.

Might be tempted to play through FFXIII again.

Giolon

I'd buy it, especially if it got the visual and performance upgrades of the PC version. Plus it's one less reason I have to keep my PS3 around.

I really enjoyed FFXIII and the sequels were pretty good too (barring the first 2 or 3 hours of Lightning Returns since the game outright lies to you about its time management mechanics).

YES. Remastered retail trilogy set pleeeaaase.

Get rid of those blocky hands!

Remastered soundtrack for the best soundtrack in the series YAAAASSS

Game is objectively bad trash and a true crime against the series for any true fan. People who made of enjoyed this filth should be locked up in some kind of gaming gulag.

Good for those who want it I guess. Might sound harsh but I hope it has disappointing sales on a personal level so square enix might realise that this game shouldn't be used as a template for future games.

Game is objectively bad trash and a true crime against the series for any true fan. People who made of enjoyed this filth should be locked up in some kind of gaming gulag.

tumblr_mvrttzohpp1qfmm7zo1_500.gif

Jake2by4

Loved both XIII and XIII-2. Never played Returns, don't think I can put myself though it again. Unless they fixed XIII-2 Academia 500 AF enemy spawn rate , fuck that.

Ray Down

Banned
I really doubt it's the trilogy guys, it would be called the Final Fantasy 13 collection/Saga/Lightning Journey or some shit if it was all the games.

It's just the first one most likely.

luminous

I loved XIII so if this really is a remaster then thank god. It didn't feel right to own a PS4 when theres nothing with the queen of gaming on it

Crystal Tools is a notorious mess, but it can't be that hard to port. Wouldn't expect a stable 1080p 60fps based off the absolute half-ass job they did on two out of three of the PC ports, though.

Edit: Just the first game? Why? XIII-2 and LR use the same engine.

Top Bottom