• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 13 coming to current consoles?

_woLf

The more people that are able to enjoy this game the better, imo.

Builds up hype for XV, for VIIR, and for XIV, if/when that ever comes to Xbone.

Go_Ly_Dow

ImpeccableHandyDuckbillcat.gif

4bb.gif

Kyzer

Banned
I'll buy it. Graphics still look gorgeous on the PS3. I dont understand how people enjoy FFX but then turn around and totally shit on XIII tbh. I think its a pretty good game. Just that the hype of PS3 FF was something that no game was able to deliver.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Despite the hate (and a lot of it deserved) I'd go for it, but I'd love for it to have the whole trilogy. I loved LR....I am not ashamed.

You couldn't coerce me via a hot poker to play XIII-2/LR again (okay, that's a complete lie, as a hot poker is very hot, ow), but I'd probably take a whirl on the XIII train again someday. Sigh. I can't say much for the story, especially in XIII-2/LR, but the combat and Hamauzu's soundtracks were fun across the trilogy.

jiggle

Wouldn't it be amazing if they add in new contents?
Just think
Toriyama will be tied up with that instead of infecting FFXVI
And Watanabe will be occupied with all the thousands of new datalogs too

antitrop

It's not bad, it just takes 20 hours to get good. Which is why I always stop at the same spot in all my playthroughs.

It takes 20 hours to fully open up the battle mechanics and take the level design somewhere other than "straight line", but the story, character motivations, and dialogue never get good.

Stacked99

Banned
Only got halfway through XIII, but would probably pick up if it was a collection

Were the sequels any good? (read: better than X-2?)

jiggle

Only got halfway through XIII, but would probably pick up if it was a collection

If xiii is like a VD that you can't get rid of
Then xiii-2 is like Ebola and bubonic plague, combined
And LR is like contracting flesh eating virus. Sure u lose a limb or two, but that's not so bad compared to XIII-2

That's a hard question to answer.

They aren't very good games, but certainly there are some redeeming qualities in both sequels. But the experience you end having is a very lackluster one. With an an increasing feel that the series will never be as good as years before.

If you are a real fan of the series and RPG's they are worth a shot, otherwise, there are much better ways to spend your time and money.

Lol why so late square Enix

I would have bought a trilogy remaster or at least XIII + XIII-2 last year or a few months back but the new one is just around the corner

Just as many people like it as those that don't is why. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Posts like this are annoying dude.

That must be why the sales declined so massively from one entry to the next. Because so many people liked it.

That said, I would consider picking up a $40 trilogy on current gen just because I got the hell out after the first game and haven't tried the sequels.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they add in new contents?
Just think
Toriyama will be tied up with that instead of infecting FFXVI
And Watanabe will be occupied with all the thousands of new datalogs too

Now that is looking on the bright side.

Namikaze

FF13 (the original) is one of my favorites in the series up until
Gran pulse cause I'm lazy and got overwhelmed
..I remember watching the pre-release trailers and being blown away by the visuals. It never did look/run as good as I thought it would, but the PC version at high res and framerate is basically what I imagined the game would be like. A 1080p 60fps release on console that actually has functional game pad controls would be nice. Or fix the PC version as soon as you put this version out, SE.

Edit: Even if you hate the gameplay/characters, you have to admit the music was excellent.

Styles

Goddess has people fuming!

I wonder what improvements the game will have if it gets remastered for current gen.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'll never buy it. But only because FF13 makes me physically ill. But I would like to give OP Kudos for not making this thread

"Final Fantasy 13 coming to consoles
Do you think it'll ever happen?"

Seriously. You're basically a saint.

PowderedToast

the crazy development is well documented but it resulted in a pretty unique and fascinating game. though limited of course. sequels are decent too, XIII-2 is the weakest but LR is terrific

all in all it's a fun and genuinely experimental series of games that deserve more respect than they get.

am I a bad person if I think that art is kinda stylish

Nope, the art is what FFXII has going for it. Sometimes it can get a little garish or clash with itself but it's usually on point. God damn, I really really like Final Fantasy 13's art style. I just can't stand everything else about Final Fantasy 13. Well, except for its music, it's got some of the best tunes in the entire series, no joke.

Pfft. Predictable.

Lightning is mentioned and the world gathers.

Once FFXII: HD comes and goes, we can finally get:

FINAL FANTASY XIII: The Goddess Saga
The XIII Trilogy Remaster
for consoles and PC.

Fight away for Light endures and will forever be an iconic representaive of Final Fantasy.

DEAL WITH IT.
IcySharpHartebeest.gif

JackelZXA

I wouldn't mind getting an FF13 trilogy rerelease for PS4 with all the DLC packed in. I've wanted to see what the whole shebang is like from beginning to weird space end.

Pfft. Predictable.

Lightning is mentioned and the world gathers.

Once FFXII: HD comes and goes, we can finally get:

FINAL FANTASY XIII: The Goddess Saga
The XIII Trilogy Remaster
for consoles and PC.

Fight away for Light endures and will forever be an iconic representaive of Final Fantasy.

DEAL WITH IT.
IcySharpHartebeest.gif
cultural icon

Top Bottom