• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Square was going to announce a bunch of new things at Gamescom but it seems there is no conference. And the stage show is hours of FFXV for days. Where would they make these announcements?

This definitely sounds like a TGS announcement rather than Gamescom. If we don't hear anything by the end of September we can start to wonder.

Wulfric

Oh, I hope they fix the voice quality if this project is real. Everyone sounded like their voice was recorded in a broom closet. Hopefully it was just compression issues on the PS2 and not an issue with the initial recording.

Did X-2 HD have Last Mission included? All this remaster talk reminds me I still want to play it.

King_Moc

Banned
If Square Enix hasn't started on a remaster yet, maybe this fan reaction will be the push they need.

They could create a reasonable quality remaster of this in days. Up the resolution, fps and aliasing etc, bam, done. The games graphics are good enough that the only necessary improvement is whatever that think on Vaan's stomach is.

Of course, I hope they go further, but from playing the emulated version they really don't need to. It looks great.

Oh, I hope they fix the voice quality if this project is real. Everyone sounded like their voice was recorded in a broom closet. Hopefully it was just compression issues on the PS2 and not an issue with the initial recording.

Did X-2 HD have Last Mission included? All this remaster talk reminds me I still want to play it.
That it did, along with all the other international content and fixes.

khaaan

I know I belong in the vast minority with this...but I liked the way the characters voices sounded. The compression gave them this warm texture that I really enjoyed. If they do still have the original recordings I'm sure they'll bump up the quality for the remaster and I'm more than happy with that...but I wouldn't complain if they didn't.

I know I belong in the vast minority with this...but I liked the way the characters voices sounded. The compression gave them this warm texture that I really enjoyed. If they do still have the original recordings I'm sure they'll bump up the quality for the remaster and I'm more than happy with that...but I wouldn't complain if they didn't.

I actually agree with you. To me it gave all the voices a certain quality that I just associate with the game and its overall aesthetic.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
They could create a reasonable quality remaster of this in days. Up the resolution, fps and aliasing etc, bam, done. The games graphics are good enough that the only necessary improvement is whatever that think on Vaan's stomach is.

Of course, I hope they go further, but from playing the emulated version they really don't need to. It looks great.
Agreed. It's amazing what they accomplished with the PS2. FF XII in PCSX2 could easily pass for a nice looking PS3 game.

I'm with you there. Can't explain what it is about the voice over's texture, but I love the way it sounds. It's instantly recognisable.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm so thankful for this. I heard the opposite years ago. It was unfathomable that a ~2005 era production wouldn't keep high quality recordings, but that's what I heard.

I was expecting a Twin Snakes-like re-recording for the HD remaster until this moment.

Im still not fully believing though ;_; don't want to get hurt

Koozek

You guys are acting as if there ever has been any doubt that FFXII would get remastered. It's only a question of when, not if.

Razmos

You guys are acting as if there ever has been any doubt that FFXII would get remastered. It's only a question of when, not if.
We'll probably get the long awaited and much requested FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus port before then though.

And maybe a playable version of Advent Children, just for good measure.

Varth

A real confirmation would get a new thread anyway.

Yea, of course, but I expected to find news on the standard "it was a misunderstanding, nothing to see here" they usually put on. The fact they didn't even try to it's quite surprising to me. Didn't they shut down Dragon Quest VII+VIII announcement by Hori?

I love that once the group is together, Vann and Penello pretty much vanish from the narrative.

Vaan doesn't entirely vanish, he actually helps Ashe with some of her big decisions later on and they have some decent character interaction. Poor old Penny on the other hand gets nothing.

Honestly, I don't feel like Fran does all that much either if we're being real. The order of importance IMO is pretty much Ashe >>>>>>>>>>> Basch >>> Balthier >> Vaan > Fran > Penelo. Ashe is more important to the story then all the other characters put together.

Walpurgis

Banned
Vaan doesn't entirely vanish, he actually helps Ashe with some of her big decisions later on and they have some decent character interaction. Poor old Penny on the other hand gets nothing.

Honestly, I don't feel like Fran does all that much either if we're being real. The order of importance IMO is pretty much Ashe >>>>>>>>>>> Basch >>> Balthier >> Vaan > Fran > Penelo. Ashe is more important to the story then all the other characters put together.

But Fran is actually cool so Fran>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vaan.

But Basch's storyline is basically the catalyst of the entire game so what the hell man. Also Balthier>All in terms of best characters

What are the chances this would be on Vita too? Did FFX do well on Vita?
I'd say very high chance. The only hurdle would be if it is not technically feasible to run it on Vita.

FFX|X-2 did really well on Vita in Japan, and even in other regions, it sold decently compared to other games.

Garlador

The game's 10th anniversary is next year. If nothing is heard of it in 2016, that's when you start worrying. Prior to that, it's pointless to whine & stress about there not being an announcement. Square will surely acknowledge the anniversary somehow.

Funny enough, I just watched the Collector's Edition bonus DVD that came with FFXII yesterday.

... It includes hyping up the exciting "upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII".

We may honestly get a 10th Anniversary remaster of FFXII before Noctis's game actually gets released.

good... good... i cant wait to summon the eidolons again only for them to be killed in 1 hit

I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but I never used the Eidolons in this game. They felt completely useless.

I also never used the limit breaks. I just didn't know how they worked and they didn't do any damage. :/

Ralemont

not me
I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but I never used the Eidolons in this game. They felt completely useless.

I also never used the limit breaks. I just didn't know how they worked and they didn't do any damage. :/

Weren't Quickenings and Summons both fixed in the IZJS?

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. Surely I cannot have been the only guy who didn't understand the two things. I'm not that stupid. I managed to pass the Bar.

sigh :(

Not sure about them getting fixed in the updated version, but I never used the summons either. I think at some point before beating the game I realized a lot of the optional bosses were summons lol, and used them all at least once to see what they looked like. It was a really aloof system... same with the quickenings. I don't really remember but I used them for cheesing the opening of the game where you spam quickenings to level up/get abilities early.

Still want to do a "normal" playthrough of this game at some point but they made it exploitable as all hell right from minute one.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. Surely I cannot have been the only guy who didn't understand the two things. I'm not that stupid. I managed to pass the Bar.

sigh :(
There was a strategy of pairing summons with characters, but I can't remember it much right now.

If you paired them correctly and had enough MP or something, they could last quite a while. However, like most FFs, they're meant to be used sparingly anyway.

I wonder how different they would make the soundtrack, considering FFX.

There's an HD screenshot for FF XII in the new Prime Guide LOL

Final Fantasy XII Official Game Guide:
The updated Collector's Edition FINAL FANTASY XII guide features a revised interior design, brand-new HD screenshots, and comes in at 352 pages.

SD:

FFXII_image2_or.jpg

HD:

FFXII_image2_rv.jpg

http://www.primagames.com/games/fin...re/first-look-final-fantasy-x-x-2-xii-box-set

Pachimari

Exactly what I thought. It's highly likely from PCSX2. I still want that Remake though. :(

Just ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered for PS4 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom