• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerokis

Whatever they do.... DON'T GIVE IT TO THE SAME COMPANY THAT HANDLES FFX/X-2 HD lol

and hopefully the fix certain weapon animation delay for Balthier & Fran

FFX HD isn't perfect, but it's still a significant graphical improvement over the original overall. It looks beautiful. A version of FFXII given that treatment would look goddamn amazing.

We all knew this was coming, but I'm so glad to see some confirmation finally. Please show this off at Gamescom!

Wazi the pa

Neo Member
I don't want to use the job system. I like the license board the way it is. Also I don't want to run into any stupid overpowered bosses that block off huge chunks of the world like I did in X and X-2 HD. Though I don't know if those even exist in XII International.

If they have the option to choose between using the Job system or not, I'd be glad as hell.

Seriously, I've been holding off playing replaying FFXII (let alone trying the IZJS) for years waiting for this. There are years upon years worth of FFXII replays pent up inside of me. Release me, Square. Release me from my XII withdrawal torment.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Whatever they do.... DON'T GIVE IT TO THE SAME COMPANY THAT HANDLES FFX/X-2 HD lol

FFX HD is great. What's wrong with it on PS3? I understand PS4 is a bit shit.

Gbraga

Cool, just as I bought a PS2 and ff12 today.

Can you please buy a SNES and some of the old Capcom-Disney games?

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System Remastermake |OT| gime imikjnuigfrf8

h3AAPg7.gif

FFXII has the best environments of any RPG. I've never felt so much atmosphere before in one of these, especially combined with the sublime soundtrack. Not saying the other FF games lack atmosphere, hell no, but where XII was a bigger and more open game, the environments just felt engulfing.

MUnited83

For you.

While FFX/X-2HD had a couple of issues, like weird face animation here and there, I think they did a damn good job. Looks great and plays great. I wouldn't mind if they were the ones doing this as well.

Played a decent chunk of FFX but stopped for some reason

Played an hour or two of FFXII but had to return it since it was my friend's.

I am excited for this. I think the no random battles also encourages me to make the purchase.

Most people prefer X, right? Maybe I should play that...

They are pretty much polar opposite games.
FFX is an extremely linear game with random battles, a super focused story that worries about showing every character and their story. It's also more lighthearted I'd say.

FFXII is a much more open game, with enemies on the map, more focus on pre-battle strategies, and a story about the world and political stuff.

klee123

One thing they need to do though is to keep the original character model facial animation for this remaster.

Been playing FFX HD on PS4 recently and I'm just shocked how bad the new faces are. Yuna in particular looks like she's half dead in most of the cutscenes and is nowhere near as expressive compared to the PS2 version.

Kazuhira

Remake!?? maybe we can have Basch as the main character this time.
FF12 may lack a interesting plot(amazing voice acting though) but i had so much fun with this game,so much shit to do and hunting marks was addicting as hell.
I hope this is based on the international version.

Shepard

I'm actually in the middle of my 4th playthrough. The game is still as amazing as it was when it launched (even better, if you think about the upgraded zodiac version). Aged like a good wine.

Cool, just as I bought a PS2 and ff12 today.

Thank you for the sacrifice. Someone had to buy it today for it to be "announced" today :)

Of course it is a remaster. And if it comes with the extra content not released originally in the west, then that's a fucking GOTY right there. There's no real need for a remake btw, considering how ridiculously good the game already looks.

Crazy how good it looks in emulator.

Mcdohl

The only bad thing about it is the RNG, other then that the option to have both soundtracks make it great.

Yeah, and imo ppl blow it out of proportion.

I enjoyed it a lot.

I platinumed it np.

Another common complaint is music cutting off every time a battle starts btw.

Nice! Although it's among my least favorite FFs I imagine the game will look scrumptious as an HD remaster. Played through IZJS on PCSX2 last year and those assets hold up incredibly well.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Omg!!!!! Awesome news!

And please SE get Matsuno to finish the script of the game. Second half of the game is a bit rough/ barebones in the current state imo.

Son Of D

This might be crazy talk, but it could be possible that SE makes this a unique version of XII. When you start the game you can choose between standard license grid or the zodiac license grid. Standard is the old XII grid with the new equipment added and the zodiac grid is the job system that could be for players wanting a different experience when playing.

I don't want to use the job system. I like the license board the way it is. Also I don't want to run into any stupid overpowered bosses that block off huge chunks of the world like I did in X and X-2 HD. Though I don't know if those even exist in XII International.

Only new bosses are in the Trial mode if I recall.

Did people not expect this? seemed obvious it was going to happen

It's more of a case of when would SE announce it as opposed to will they remaster it.

Obviously was bound to happen after X/X-2 HD's success, we just needed the announcement, so I guess this announcement is good enough.

HYPE.

HYPE. HYPE. HYPE.

I've been recently watching a friend of mine get introduced to FF 12, and he's been loving it.

FF 12 remaster is some hype shit, Sign me up Squeenix!

Meowster

OMG this is amazing. They don't even have to edit the faces, just make a decision on whether Vaan is emaciated or ripped because I couldn't tell if those were ribs or abs.

Jonm1010

Banned
Omg!!!!! Awesome news!

And please SE get Matsuno to finish the script of the game. Second half of the game is a bit rough/ barebones in the current state imo.

That would be amazing but I have to imagine they are looking at this like a cash grab. Get it out looking pretty and keep the costs low.

Wouldn't him fixing the script basically mean new content and new productions costs to record voices etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom