• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmykoopa

I don't think a remake would serve the game well. The pre rendered baackgrounds made the game tbh. The game would not be the same with a full 3D camera.

SE

igsWTMeN3ozdX.gif

N30RYU

A port now, means no remake... not even a remaster in the future... and IT's FUCKING SAD announcing this at PS 20th anniversary...

FUCK OFF S-E... JUST FUCK OFF

Danneee

Unless there is some kind of addendum to this announcement where they reveal that it's really a full blown remake I'm not interested.

riotous

Banned
Are they not doing any upgrading during the porting process?

The fact it's a port is sort of meaningless; you wouldn't expect a company to start from scratch if they have a PC code base on these new consoles.

But will it be a GOOD port?

SykoTech

A troll so hard that it broke GAF for a second.

Guess FFVII fans and Conker fans can hold hands and share each others pain.

Meia

Square knowing exactly how to treat their fans.

Is the company dead yet? How many times to do they have to trample on goodwill at this point? I'm more perplexed there's not more general anger and people are applauding it. Worse for Sony to even allow that crap at their conference.

Announcing a port that only works because your system can't play games from 3 consoles ago. Fantastic job.

hitsugi

Can we just get the FF7 remake based on the PS3 tech demo however many years ago? That was looking good. I wouldn't even say FF7 is my favorite, and after the FF6 phone treatment I guess I wasn't expecting much.. but this?

Can't believe Sony gave time on stage to SE to announce a fucking port.

Can't believe SE and Hashimoto had the balls to do that.

The rage is filling me.

jelly

No fucks given at SE.

Sony must have at least said, wouldn't this be great as a remake ?

Square, remake yeah, we have that on the PC, port sure.

Sony, ummm, okay but...

Square, thanks.

How much do they plan on charging for this? Honestly, I get that a full remake would be impractical, but then don't treat things like this as new, treat them as you would any other ps classics title. Hyping an incredibly old port is stupid and deserves backlash

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
People are delusional if they're expecting a remake of FFVII in FFXIII/FFXV like graphics.

I mean... They have KH3 and FFXV in their plate already.

Hahaha, considering this is Square Enix I'm actually pretty certain this will be its own standalone PS4 download. Totally seperate from the PS classics version that's already on PS3 and PSP/V. BC Square would probably LOVE to charge $15-20 for this and they know their fanbase doesn't give fucks

DMiz

This all basically sums up how I feel about Square-Enix.

Nothing I want from them but games that their current team had nothing to do with. Because, y'know, it would imply releasing a quality product.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Can we just get the FF7 remake based on the PS3 tech demo however many years ago? That was looking good. I wouldn't even say FF7 is my favorite, and after the FF6 phone treatment I guess I wasn't expecting much.. but this?
And who exactly is gonna make it? They have their hands full with FFXV and KHIII.

Sony really trolled us in regards to JRPGS.

Persona 5 coming to PS3/PS4...we knew.

FF7 coming to PS4...oh, it's the PC port.

Thank god we got Suikoden coming to Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom