• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

klee123

I never gotten the great gospel limit break before.....

"Failure as an option" as a Gold Trophy seems kinda silly.

Tambini

So FF7 veterans, how many hours do you think we're looking at for the platinum? I only ever beat the story and never did any of the end game stuff.

RhyDin

With the PC version, did they ever correct the complaint many people had with the soundtrack (replacing the original score with some sort of remastered one)?

If so, will the PC version have the original PSX soundtrack?

I find it ridiculous they left the high gil achievement in there - it was way easier on PC with the trainer available.

I don't like the bromance trophy, simply because it forces you to play a particular way for 15 hours. A better one would have been getting cloud chosen at Corneo's palace.

antitrop

With the PC version, did they ever correct the complaint many people had with the soundtrack (replacing the original score with some sort of remastered one)?

If so, will the PC version have the original PSX soundtrack?

I find it ridiculous they left the high gil achievement in there - it was way easier on PC with the trainer available.
Yea, they patched it relatively quickly.

Surprisingly legit trophy list. Love that they made getting Aeris' final Limit Break a trophy.

Edit: Oh man, they made having Corneo pick Cloud a trophy too? Godlike

Ridley327

The safest thing to say is that the list is basically getting 100% in the game, so it's certainly one for the completionists out there.

antitrop

Nothing difficult in this list whatsoever, first platinum here I come!
I personally rate trophy difficulty by time investment, because that's mostly what they are.

Like 100%ing Assassins Creed games takes no skill, just an insane amount of time, so I consider those difficult.

Wait, game over is an achievement now? LOL

Might not be a game over. A Final Attack + Phoenix might count as your party being "down" in a battle without actually losing.

Plus, there are fights where your party members can be kicked out of the battle (Midgar Zolom) and if the last character dies you just go back to the world map.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Pretty much all the various types of trophies I could hope for. Will be fun/frustrating to take on the Weapons again.

I never gotten the great gospel limit break before.....

"Failure as an option" as a Gold Trophy seems kinda silly.
It's just a bronze trophy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You're thinking of the PC version having the MIDI soundtrack rather than the orchestral one, and yes. Naturally, with Squeenix being Squeenix, FFVIII's re-release has -- yes, has -- the very same issue despite releasing almost three months after the aforementioned update. This company, I swear. Fortunately, however, there are workarounds.

JC Lately

I’m reasonably sure I performed all of those actions in my last epic play through of that game before shelving it forever in the summer of ‘98

Except the Barret date. I was all about Tifa back then.

Son Of D

So FF7 veterans, how many hours do you think we're looking at for the platinum? I only ever beat the story and never did any of the end game stuff.

It's basically 100%ing the game. And there will be a lot of grinding for the Master All Materia and Maximum Gil trophies.

Please, go on.

Well for the date it means you're forced to use Barret and have Cloud "be good" to him in battles, healing him over Tifa, Aerith and Yuffie. So if you want to use any of those three you'll have to put them on hold until after the date.

... Is there a exploit that would make that Gil achievement possible without grinding like crazy?

If the Item Duplication glitch is still in there might be something you can duplicate to sell. Alternatively there's just buying "All" Materia and grinding Magic Pots with the Triple AP weapons to master them, then sell.

God, i can't wait to plat this game.

I hope I can still hammer the Square button to slow the roulette wheels during the Gold Saucer Battle Tournament, though...

On second thought...I don't think I am going to get the Platinum. It's not hard, it just seems really time consuming.

But it pales in comparison compared to FFX

they ported a pc port of a psone game?

Deeper+_c822ba45ea0733b2427828622c9f2188.png

Slime

Banned
I'm hoping the bizarrely long delay means this will finally get a proper localization, but I doubt it.

Still kinda bizarre one of the most beloved games in the series is technically the only one without a localization that brings it in line with everything that came after.

Crossing my fingers for some -agas and shit.

SkylineRKR

And Hades turns Ruby WEAPON into a straight joke. Ditto with Emerald and Final Attack+Phoenix

The fun was fighting Emerald with only 2 materias so you would get lucky 7's. He's perfectly beatable with double cut, command counter, limit breaks and mime etc. Gravity+quadra works too.

He can't really kill you if your level is decent and you're not bringing a crapload of materias.

Synless

Considering my ps1 saves are more impressive than what this game is asking for I will have the platinum for sure.

Son Of D

I'm hoping the bizarrely long delay means this will finally get a proper localization, but I doubt it.

Still kinda bizarre one of the most beloved games in the series is technically the only one without a localization that brings it in line with everything that came after.

Crossing my fingers for some -agas and shit.

Apparently that's why the port took so long. Rumour has it that SE re-translated the game.

oSoLucky

This is pretty much asking to 100% the game(or pretty close to it). At least there is only 1 mini-game that has to be done. I would have probably done all this anyway.

Ogawa-san

I've done all that on PS1 already... except dating Barret.

I foresee being screwed out of that platinum because of that one trophy. Going all the way to Golden Saucer to find it out will be fun.

Top Bottom