• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

antitrop

This is pretty much asking to 100% the game(or pretty close to it). At least there is only 1 mini-game that has to be done. I would have probably done all this anyway.
At least it's not fucking snowboarding. That has the worst controls ever, I hate it. I also hate how such a cheery activity takes place directly after the most emotional scene in the damn game. Tonal disaster right there, screw snowboarding.

Still my favorite game ever made, though. :p

Guymelef

Nothing I love more than missable trophies...

Yep.
Some trophy designers are really stupid...

Consummate Cross-dresser – Get Don Corneo to choose Cloud over the two females
Best Bromance – Go on a date with Barret in the Gold Saucer
See the Light – Learn Great Gospel—Aeris’s last Limit Break
Three missable I think.

Trophy list is definitely do-able. I think the only things I haven't already done on PS1 is the max Gil and the G-Bike score.

Also, thank Jenova they didn't bring over certain Steam achievements (Master all materia, which means you need to get all Enemy Skills, which can be impossible if you get unlucky trying to learn Pandora's Box, or miss Trine).

EctoPrime

Failure IS an Option – Have your whole party fall in battle

would be much better if it was

Failure IS an Option – Fail the submarine mission

as it would show something new to most people.

Mikey Jr.

Crap load of missable trophies.....

My favourite kind.

Also, get Aeries final limit break. Fan-fucking-tastic. Hate having her on my team. Waste of time.

JC Lately

I've done all that on PS1 already... except dating Barret.

I foresee being screwed out of that platinum because of that one trophy. Going all the way to Golden Saucer to find it out will be fun.

Isn’t it pretty easy to date Barret though? I forget all the steps, but I usually took Tifa anyway.

Man, I don’t know why I’m so hyped about this game. I still have my launch copy of the PS1 game in near mint condition. I could literately drop it into my PS3 and play it anytime I want. But here I am googling for release dates.

This must be what addiction feels like.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Wait a minute, there's trophies for learning Great Gospel AND getting the Barret date?

Aren't those hard to do in the same playthrough what with
Aeris only being usable in disc one, the date with Barret taking place late on in the same disc (and requiring you to neglect Tifa/Aeris/Yuffie as much as you can), and learning all the LBs requiring you to use Aeris a load
?

I mean, I guess you could do some save file abuse, but that'd still require a boatload of grinding...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The platinum isn't particularly hard compared to FFX and especially FFX-2. FFX only had one missable trophy but getting some of the other trophies were kinda brutal (200 lightning jumps, 0 seconds chocobo race, killing all Dark Aeons, killing Penance).

Mikey Jr.

Wait a minute, there's trophies for learning Great Gospel AND getting the Barret date?

Aren't those hard to do in the same playthrough what with
Aeris only being usable in disc one, the date with Barret taking place late on in the same disc (and requiring you to neglect Tifa/Aeris/Yuffie as much as you can, and learning all the LBs requiring you to use Aeris a load
?

I mean, I guess you could do some save file abuse, but that'd still require a boatload of grinding...

I don't think using a character in battle has anything to do with the date, as far as I remember.

The platinum isn't particularly hard compared to FFX and especially FFX-2. FFX only had one missable trophy but getting some of the other trophies were kinda brutal (200 lightning jumps, 0 seconds chocobo race, killing all Dark Aeons, killing Penance).

Yeah, this will be a breeze for me after FFX's plat.

RPGCrazied

I wasn't going to buy it, but since they are giving us the remake, I will, just to support this franchise.

I hope the graphics are cleaned up a little bit, at least make the FMV's widescreen.

I don't think using a character in battle has anything to do with the date, as far as I remember.

You're correct.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Date_Mechanics

And getting Great Gospel isn't that difficult. From my most recent playthrough, pre-Temple of the Ancients:

8mdUGvP.jpg

EDIT: There should have been a trophy for killing the Midgar Zolom before leaving Junon. Though doing so and learning Beta makes the rest of Disc 1 easy mode.

labaronx

Not port begging but...

How difficult would it be to bring this to vita, im buying ps4 version anyway but would welcome a vita suprise

Ikon

That's actually a really nice mix of trophies even though I've never got Barret date and Aeris final limit in the same play through before - not that it should matter. I'm dropping all my current games the second this game is available.

The Sum of Zero said:
EDIT: There should have been a trophy for killing the Midgar Zolom before leaving Junon. Though doing so and learning Beta makes the rest of Disc 1 easy mode.
That's a good idea actually. To be honest I kind of wish there was a trophy for master enemy skill as well. It's so much fun to use.

Windforce

Not port begging but...

How difficult would it be to bring this to vita, im buying ps4 version anyway but would welcome a vita suprise

I'm not sure they would bring it to PS Vita when PS Vita can run the PS1 classic version already.

The PS4 - PC port is more understandable as it is the first time the game will be playable on PS4, though.

I did all of those back in the day except for lv 99 and shitloads of gold. Fuck those.

Also needs a trophy for the snowboard game at Gold Saucer. There was a lot of stuff you could unlock in that one

so can someone sorta remind us why the port took so long ?

Is it gonna be enhanced in some way for the PS4 ?

If I recall correctly, its suppose to have a new translation. They put it out on mobile in the summer, I don't know if that version has a new translation.

labaronx

Can't you just play the PSX version on Vita?

Yeah i was just wondering if between last year and now someone decided to port it over is all. I know i can play the psx version or remote play the ps4 version.... was just curious about the chances is all

oSoLucky

At least it's not fucking snowboarding. That has the worst controls ever, I hate it. I also hate how such a cheery activity takes place directly after the most emotional scene in the damn game. Tonal disaster right there, screw snowboarding.

Still my favorite game ever made, though. :p

Yeah, thank God. Snowboarding is equivalent to FFXs butterfly catching in level of terrible. Both, WAY worse than catcher chocobo. Also, my 2nd favorite FF(behind 6) so I'll definitely be plating this.

I'm just glad there's no trophy for getting max score on the parade or anything to do with Fort Condor on top of snowboarding. Goodness, FF7 mini games were so bad.

oSoLucky

I wish there was some alternate mode where you could use Aeris only in battle for for disc 2 and 3 just so everyone could see why it's a good thing that she died. She was so fucking broken and would have trivialized pretty much everything(as if you couldn't do that enough with certain materia combos).

I will take them to replace horrible FFX mini games
I audibly cheered when I saw that you didn't have to do the butterfly mini game for the platinum. Screw Kimahri, I never used or liked him anyway. I feel like that one is worse than all the rest in both games, but for some reason Xs grate on me a lot less overall. I actually liked Blitzball before they dumbed it down in X-2. I would take homing pigeons and running in circled and tapping Circle every 6 seconds for 10 minutes over snowboarding ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Not to mention the old style 1v1 arenas. Oh, you haven't gotten a Ribbon yet? Here, eat this Frog, Poison, Confuse, Blind, 1/4 HP. Good luck.

Chocobo racing (because the AI opponents are terrible) and G-bike are the only ones I could stand.

pooptest

Stupid question, can my PS1 save work on this somehow?

I managed to get it ported to the PC version with the Black Chocobo application.

Top Bottom