• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

oSoLucky

Meant to say you don't need to bred a golden chocobo. You get one from beating Ruby weapon.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be fighting weapons without KotR and Mime again. Once is enough for one lifetime.

Was Barrett giving the world's worst advice(attack while it's tail is up!) a translation error or was he just a dick like I imagined?

kevin1025

Banned
I'm definitely getting this one! But definitely won't get all of the trophies, some of those are super time-consuming. I hope it's a PSX surprise!

You're correct.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Date_Mechanics

And getting Great Gospel isn't that difficult. From my most recent playthrough, pre-Temple of the Ancients:

8mdUGvP.jpg

EDIT: There should have been a trophy for killing the Midgar Zolom before leaving Junon. Though doing so and learning Beta makes the rest of Disc 1 easy mode.
I got Great Gospel pretty easily when I was playing FFVII for the first time last week, but since I had no clue when Aerith's death actually happens I left it way too late to teach it to her before she left my party.

if it's actually a good port, I'll probably have to get this. Aeris's final limit break isn't too bad to get. She learns limits the fastest, just make her hyper, give her a summon or some magic with all and it won't take long to get.

Junahu

Barret date is the meanest trophy here. Manipulating an invisible affection system across a full third of the game in order to get a trophy is cruel.
Not quite as cruel as manipulating an invisible affection system across four complete playthroughs, like with Tales of symphonia... but still cruel.

I quit trophies hunting years ago and even turned the notification off.... But for my favorite game of all time, can't wait to get the platinum in it <3

This will be the only platinum i will ever get, with the remake of course ;)

Steroyd

Outside of dating Barret and having Don Corneo choose me, I would have all but got a platinum... Challenge accepted!

Zetta

This will be my first platinum lol, I would have platinum'd this game so many times on psx. I can't wait to get my bromance on.

antitrop

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be fighting weapons without KotR and Mime again. Once is enough for one lifetime.

Was Barrett giving the world's worst advice(attack while it's tail is up!) a translation error or was he just a dick like I imagined?
The problem is that the sentence is fragmented into two parts, because they couldn't fit the whole thing into one text box.

It says "Attack while its tails up and it'll counter with a laser", but most people only see the first part and ignore the second.

cj_iwakura

Time consuming the only thing that stands out to me as difficult is the weapon fights and these days there are so many time tested strats that its more of just a matter of perpetration.

Unless there's an error, it doesn't require fighting Ultimate, but why wouldn't you.

antitrop

Time consuming the only thing that stands out to me as difficult is the weapon fights and these days there are so many time tested strats that its more of just a matter of perpetration.
I meant tough as in "tough to find the time to actually do it". Almost all trophies are just time investments, I rarely find games that have trophies I can't acquire because of a lack of skill.

Trophy hunting is so often more about fighting through tedium than it is about proving how good you are at something.

Now this Transformers game I'm playing, on the other hand... Platinum Games doesn't fuck around when it comes to requiring skill for their trophies.

shuraiya

The problem is that the sentence is fragmented into two parts, because they couldn't fit the whole thing into one text box.

It says "Attack while its tails up and it'll counter with a laser", but most people only see the first part and ignore the second.

In my case, I attacked immediately after seeing the message "attack while its tail's up," and then got pissed when the other half of the message showed up, since I couldn't exactly cancel the attack.

antitrop

In my case, I attacked immediately after seeing the message "attack while its tail's up," and then got pissed when the other half of the message showed up, since I couldn't exactly cancel the attack.
Or that, too, lol.

The sentence really should have started with "IF you attack...".

Toki767

Pretty similar, in fact.
The only noticeable different is the master all materias achievement, which is nasty.

I wonder why they took that out.

The trophy list for Final Fantasy VII on PS4 is so simple that I'm almost inclined to believe they're just using Sony's PS2 (PS1?) emulator.

So if I've never played it, and if I know the big
death
already, should I play this version, or should I wait for the remaster? Or should I just play it on Vita via PSOne Classics? Or should I just not play it at all because I still haven't been able to finish a single Final Fantasy game? Does knowing that thing hinder my enjoyment of the story?

Zebetite

Banned
So if I've never played it, and if I know the big
death
already, should I play this version, or should I wait for the remaster? Or should I just play it on Vita via PSOne Classics? Or should I just not play it at all because I still haven't been able to finish a single Final Fantasy game? Does knowing that thing hinder my enjoyment of the story?

depends on what your tolerance is like for old-ish jrpgs is. i still think ff7 is as playable today as it was when i first played it (2003, so it was already getting old then) and that its a great game. but then people routinely voice their opinion that it has "aged poorly" or whatever, so-- which sounds more like you, i guess?

the remaster, as it stands, could be a very different game from the ff7 we all know and love-- a game that's as close to any other as being genuinely canonical. but it all depends on how interested you are in older games and understanding their historical context.

that spoiler will not hinder your enjoyment all that much. it's not even the game's biggest twist.

I wonder why they took that out.

The trophy list for Final Fantasy VII on PS4 is so simple that I'm almost inclined to believe they're just using Sony's PS2 (PS1?) emulator.

I am fully expecting this to be part of the announcement of PS classics with HD/trophies and no longer the shitty pc port. That is my hypothesis regarding the delay given the lack of explanation, the specific enhancements supported by the Star Wars games, and the impending PSX event. They wanted FF7 to headline with PS4 supporting BC for PS1/PS2 games rather than tossing it up on its own. I could certainly be wrong, but that is what the timing says to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
So FF7 veterans, how many hours do you think we're looking at for the platinum? I only ever beat the story and never did any of the end game stuff.

I've got all achievements on the Steam version. While some things are different, they're largely comparable.

If you mess up dating Barret, that can add another 10 hours to playcount to start over and get up to that point, but otherwise, maybe 50-55 hours if you know what you're doing? Probably closer to 65-70 if you're dicking around or looking up guides for the first time, and closer to 90 if you're playing the game for the first time (heh, you never know) AND looking up guides to plat.

No, it literally says "Attack while it's tail's up!" in the first box. If there wasn't an exclamation mark there'd be a case, but there clearly is a problem with the grammar here that exacerbates the fragmentation by essentially implying that's the entire sentence. Also "it's" ehehehehe.

Along with "This guy are sick" (which was corrected in the PC port), "Elmyra was cried herself silly... so did Marlene." (which wasn't), "Touph ring", and a bunch of other things here and there it was very much a shoddy translation.

Was expecting it to have the same achievements as the Steam version. They're mostly identical, but in that one you need to master every Materia, including every Enemy Skill-- some of which can be missed.

I've never played FF7 (I know), and I want too, but with the remake coming (in two years or something) I don't know if O should play this.

Top Bottom