• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

LuuKyK

FFXV's diverse looking characters.

Lol @ diverse and ffxv in the same sentence. Unless you mean all the cast outside of the main four/five of course. Because aside from those side characters, they really all look really similar.

PshycoNinja's Journal. October 1st, 2014: Fanboy drivel in the threads this morning, FFXIII and Lightning once again invading it. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the fanboys will drown. The accumulated filth of all their Lightning obsession and desperation will foam up about their waists and all the FF fans and PC gamers will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Your dedication truly is something else. Are you even able to post something that adds to the discussion in XIII threads? I am seriously starting to doubt.

Let me tell you, you hating on Lightning and XIII with your endless rants is not going to make people who like the game enjoy it less. Just saying.

I went from liking her, to being indifferent, to being annoyed, then aroused, then I disliked, and now I like her again.

I dub this the Lightning cycle.

wmlk

PshycoNinja's Journal. October 1st, 2014: Fanboy drivel in the threads this morning, FFXIII and Lightning once again invading it. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the fanboys will drown. The accumulated filth of all their Lightning obsession and desperation will foam up about their waists and all the FF fans and PC gamers will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Way to go genius. FFXIII fans in a FFXIII thread. Who'd a thunk it?
I can't even applaud you for trying to be witty.

A lot of people like myself don't even like XIII that much, but we can at least admit that there are redeeming qualities. All of your posts are so negative that it just seems like you come in to hate on a game you don't like. By doing so, you're just as bad as the 'fanboy drivel' you're so crazy about.

yeah.

This one the same level and even style as the XIII saga but the 2013 had a very different style.

The noctis render looks totally different from

and even this one seems to revert to a different style more akin to advent children/XIII

I have no idea which style the game will finally have lol But maybe they are trying to unify the FNC style so who knows :/

Yeah, this was my point. I don't see the technical improvement. It's just a difference in art style and what they're trying to convey.

So she's supposed to look like a plastic doll? Got it.

Just commenting that Visual Works have gotten better with skin textures and eyes. They now don't look so fake and lifeless behind the eyes.
Regardless of results, it's obvious that it's artistic choice just by virtue of Lightning Returns releasing after the FFXV 2013 trailer.

HeelPower

Regardless of results, it's obvious that it's artistic choice just by virtue of Lightning Returns releasing after the FFXV 2013 trailer.

LR's opening CGI is amazing(I think ending is lower end CG though)

I think LR's opening shows some advancements over XIII too. It really looks mindblowing imo

Looks like some in here don't know a Watchmen reference when they see one. :3

yeah.

This one the same level and even style as the XIII saga but the 2013 had a very different style.

The noctis render looks totally different from

and even this one seems to revert to a different style more akin to advent children/XIII

I have no idea which style the game will finally have lol But maybe they are trying to unify the FNC style so who knows :/

It's always had an Advent Children style to it. You just saw a different area in the 2013 trailer. Most of these trailers just show you art direction of specific areas. 2011 was Lucis/Wilderness, 2013 was Lucis/Accordo, 2014 was just the wilderness. It's all the same art direction by the same art director: Naora

Lol @ diverse and ffxv in the same sentence. Unless you mean all the cast outside of the main four/five of course. Because aside from those side characters, they really all look really similar.

Interesting that you say that because none of them are similar from the photo line up.

Your dedication truly is something else. Are you even able to post something that adds to the discussion in XIII threads? I am seriously starting to doubt.

Let me tell you, you hating on Lightning and XIII with your endless rants is not going to make people who like the game enjoy it less. Just saying.

How many times have we had this conversation LuuKyK? Genuinely curious because I have posted 10 page reviews of each of the games yet you complain even when I post something constructive. Why should I have to explain my position every time I talk about XIII? I could easily same the same about you and FFXV.

Way to go genius. FFXIII fans in a FFXIII thread. Who'd a thunk it?
I can't even applaud you for trying to be witty.

A lot of people like myself don't even like XIII that much, but we can at least admit that there are redeeming qualities. All of your posts are so negative that it just seems like you come in to hate on a game you don't like. By doing so, you're just as bad as the 'fanboy drivel' you're so crazy about.

Read first point at top. You were clearly not around when I posted about XIII, XIII-2 and LR. I have been more than fair to these games. This is just a small quip. I didn't try to shut it down. I questioned the reasoning of why we needed a new one. The Mods and I talked it over. Misunderstanding cleared up. Nothing more.

Yeah, this was my point. I don't see the technical improvement. It's just a difference in art style and what they're trying to convey.

I am sorry but FFXV's art style isn't possible without Visual Works improving over the last 5 years. You can argue that CG for the "XIII saga" is a art style and choice but you cannot deny that Visual Works had to work to make the CG a step above their previous work. CG for FFXV DOES look better than XIII CG, just like how XIII looked better than XII and XII better than X. It's an improvement in CG tech over time.

I would argue that they had to do it like that for consistency to the other two XIII games. No one is denying LR CG is good (as per usual for Visual Works), but they were clearly constrained what they could do because of consistency and art direction. Hence why you don't see FFXV level CG in LR. Hell, Visual Works only did two CG scenes for LR. They clearly weren't concerned with LR's CG at that moment.

LR's opening CGI is amazing(I think ending is lower end CG though)

I think LR's opening shows some advancements over XIII too. It really looks mindblowing imo

I wouldn't say mind blowing. But everything else I can agree with.

Looks like some in here don't know a Watchmen reference when they see one. :3
You do realize that Rorschach is an extremely unlikable character in-universe and that quote is the one that encapsulates his extreme, condescending, me-against-all mentality? I must admit I can't help questioning your intention by channeling such a man.

If you just want to make a "cool" Watchmen reference then that's, like, totes random. If you want to make a point, then I think providing some context would help everybody. But whatever is the case, you are still making a post in an FFXIII thread and opening it with "fanboy drivel in the threads". That is completely on you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I really do hope that the OT won't get as infectious as this thread has become :(... Don't want to spread bad news to newcomers to the game/series.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
byepwduicaapgip-large.png

Too bad Ace doesn't look this cool in the game :(

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I really do hope that the OT won't get as infectious as this thread has become :(... Don't want to spread bad news to newcomers to the game/series.

You know you're going to get 5 people playing, 5 people playing for the fifth time, 3 asking if they should buy it and 50 telling them not to :p

Raitningz

Their CG work is always good, but the style varies. I hope XV keeps the style of the above pic.

But those renders is the only time the cast has looked like that(in CG art).

The latest CG art pic of the prince is comparable to their other works.

byepwduicaapgip-large.png

And PshycoNinja you seem just as obsessed with hating Light and the XIII series as we are to love them, to the point of trying to shut down a thread for the games PC releases . haha

I knew you'd love Light on Nocto's throne. haha (I didn't make it though)

Where did you get that one from? I'm pretty sure I made that Lightning one for someone privately lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know you're going to get 5 people playing, 5 people playing for the fifth time, 3 asking if they should buy it and 50 telling them not to :p
Let's hope not. Also I'm positive over 50 GAFers bought this game on Steam!

Faabulous

@PsychoNinja, I don't get it then, what are you trying to achieve? If it Is letting everyone know Lightining and XIII are shit, you made your point, and you are going to get nowhere from here. Does it really matter if you know a lot about XIII trilogy if that's all you have to say? You really do sound like a broken record.

Yoshichan

It's allright :D! The more hate this thread gets, the less of it we'll be getting in the OT! Just a few more hours now...

Where did you get that one from? I'm pretty sure I made that Lightning one for someone privately lol

I found it at Square Portal

It's allright :D! The more hate this thread gets, the less of it we'll be getting in the OT! Just a few more hours now...

Can't wait. I'll probably be at work by then. ugh

In the meantime lets enjoy some LR concept art by Hideo Minaba I saw on twitter thanks to
Eternal@Obsqura

ff13_img_modal_01.jpg

https://www.cydesignation.co.jp/works/works04.html

Yoshichan

Wow, say what you want about LR but that game had incredible art.

BadWolf

Hope ppl can approach FFXIII with an open mind and try to ignore the hate, it's what I did and it's my fave RPG of that generation.

Wow, say what you want about LR but that game had incredible art.

Can't wait for it to go up on Steam, it's the only one I haven't played.

Sorry to necro this but has there been any additional information on a release date for Lightning Returns?

Spring starts officially in a couple weeks so I was curious if anyone has found some new info. I cannot find anything recent online regarding LR.

Thanks.

Top Bottom