• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

Levyne

Banned
I'll buy these just for the event of it. Also I guess this means I'll continue to hold off on LR until is on steam.

Thats cool, but more importantly

Where is my FF12 International Edition HD for the PC

98150.jpg
I would pay full price

Saiyan-Rox

Damn I just managed to get lightning returns SE on ps3 for £10 sealed and bought the other 2 used for 10 swell and was determined to finish the first and play through them and now this?

Urgh what to do what to do.....

Shepard

When XII-Zodiac comes to steam with some PC optimizations (like removing the PS2-limitations on the battle system), I'll die happy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ChapaNDJ

Banned
And to my Steam account it goes.
Awesome pricing btw.

X6L14Wv.png

I will give it a second opportunity. I got stuck in the PS3 version. Will proceed to god mode if same thing happens again. I want to play it for the story.
Thank you Square for making this happen.

Azusa

Mods. Give it a day or two for an undub.

I really don't like that I need some mods to play a game normally. Especially if there is no official mod support. For me its like to pirate a game.

I don't think I'll play it on PC, but I still preordered it regardless.

I think I'm going to wait until after release for impressions on the port before I buy. Interested to hear what graphics options they give us.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I really don't like that I need some mods to play a game normally. Especially if there is no official mod support. For me its like to pirate a game.

Licensing issues are licensing issues. For a quick cashgrab port the best we can expect is that they don't skip on the DLC work.

Also, is it normal that it doesn't show up on Library after purchase? I've never seen a Steam preorder do that.

Fbh

Terrible trilogy but it's going to look REALLY nice on PC.

Hopefully the sales of this help them define if they want to bring XV to PC.

Valnen

Err, if you buy the English version playing with Japanese voices isn't exactly "playing normally". I imagine most people don't play that way.

Since I already own all 3 games on the PS3, I'll probably skip this until here's a steam sale and can pick them up for like $3.99 each. lol It's cool they are on the PC now, though.

SoulUnison

Banned
...it is really LONG. Fal'cie, Al'ciet, Cieth, what the hell am i doing? who do i want to defeat?? Who are these people??

Hey look, it's another "I don't want to have to pay attention to understand what's happening in my 50 hour long plot-driven role playing game. New concepts are scary and it's the game's fault for not lowering to my level."

If you can follow a season of Game of Thrones, you can easily follow the plotline of Final Fantasy XIII.

Apparently one of the greatest sins XIII commits is expecting you to learn and remember two fictional terms/concepts.

Did you complain when VII mentioned "mako?" Did "SeeD" in VIII drive you crazy? How are "l'Cie" and "fal'Cie" too much for people's minds to handle when they're so completely explained and drummed into the player in the first couple hours of the game? Did people want Lightning and Sazh to have an expositional conversation on the train before the game actually starts?

LIGHTNING: "As you know, l'Cie are..."
SAZH: "Oh, that explains how the fal'Cie can..."
LIGHTNING: "This is masterful storytelling."

CHC

Good price, and eh I honestly kind of liked this game. The world was cool and looked beautiful, it's just more of an action-adventure game than an RPG.

TheTux

People in this thread are saying tickboxes are worldwide but product descriptions override that. In other words, there's regional versions.

Thanks, I'm lazy and skipped 8 pages of this thread...

My Steam says "Pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE)", what is NE supposed to mean?

Top Bottom