• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII on Steam October 9th, $16; full trilogy by Spring 2015

Seanspeed

Banned
I'll get it when the entire trilogy is available for around $10-15 on a sale.

I played the first, and unlike many others, thought it was decent. But XIII-2, and LR just weren't appealing to me all that much, and the framerate hiccups that I was seeing in some of the videos were bothering me a lot, which is extremely rare for me, as it usually doesn't matter to me. My PC should be able to fix that AFAIK, don't really game on PC, only tried it for titanfall, and the crew beta. Have this rig mainly for multimedia editing and what not.

PC gamers, it's decent right?

i7-4470k @ 3.5GHz
GeForce GTX 770 (2GB DDR5)
16GB DDR3
I dunno man. You might want to upgrade to dual Titans.

This game was originally 720p/30fps, so its a bit of a beast.

I'll get it when the entire trilogy is available for around $10-15 on a sale.

I played the first, and unlike many others, thought it was decent. But XIII-2, and LR just weren't appealing to me all that much, and the framerate hiccups that I was seeing in some of the videos were bothering me a lot, which is extremely rare for me, as it usually doesn't matter to me. My PC should be able to fix that AFAIK, don't really game on PC, only tried it for titanfall, and the crew beta. Have this rig mainly for multimedia editing and what not.

PC gamers, it's decent right?

i7-4470k @ 3.5GHz
GeForce GTX 770 (2GB DDR5)
16GB DDR3

Great rig..... Btw you mean 4770k? Not sure if typo.

Gbraga

Holy shit it's already top 3.

EDIT: Oh, right, PLEASE DON'T HAVE COMPRESSED CUTSCENES, they looked so damn beautiful on PS3.

Grief.exe

No steam cards ?
no buy
jk/ not buying it anyway , i;ll wait for LR , the only game i didn't play

They were in the press release, so I assume they are coming.

It appears there is controller support in the game as well, but the icon is not showing up on the store page either.

Watch them pack in the subtitles with the audio files so you can't mix and match ;)

I'd be more than fine with this, just as long as I don't have to do certain things to get to it.

It's frustrating, is there any place to show our desire for dual-audio; Like some specific website/ twitter account? I'd pay for it (if it comes to that and is priced reasonably)

Durante

Hope the first mod fixes the hideous floor textures and flat boxy environments
The vast majority of the hideousness of the floor textures was caused by a total lack of AF. The "mod" to fix it is forcing 16xAF in your graphics driver (which everyone should for everything anyway :p).

FloatOn

seriously though, outside of more jrpg on steam why is everyone so excited?

is it actually a good game hidden under a mountain of undesered critisism? was it misunderstood at launch and has actually aged gracefully?

Mesoian

is it actually a good game hidden under a mountain of undesered critisism? was it misunderstood at launch and has actually aged gracefully?

It's a sign of things to come. FF13 and it's ilk suck, but there are a lot of games that would be great to have on PC.

Oemenia

Banned
Stunning game, and IMO plays very good too. Can't wait to see how good it looks on PC.

It gets way too much hate, much of that to do with the fact that it's cool to bash SE and also because it was multi-platform.

Wesker28

its not available in Russian store
It is.
lWEazwH.png

Pinkuss

Ha at the 'Walking Simulator' tag.

Will probably get this when it's 50% off; I wanted to love FFXIII but it was so damn dull. Can probably handle it in bite size pieces however playing on PC. (Plus I like the new Japanese PC support that's going on).

The potential for future Final Fantasy games to be released on Steam, namely FFXV.

Durante

To me, it's a somewhat decent game, the highlight of which by far are its exceedingly beautiful and varied visuals/assets.

And now its finally on a platform where those can be truly appreciated.

Nethaniah

I played it on 360, didn't hate it but it looked and played awful on 360 with annoying long load times for stuff, dumb reasons to consider buying it again sure but i'm willing to give it another chance under the assumption it's a servicable port, i don't need options like Serious Sam but i do hope that there's nothing like a locked fps or resolution cap, they do that and it's bought.

Zalusithix

I never did buy anything from the trilogy on the consoles due to existing backlogs and middling reviews, so PC it'll be for me. Even if I end up hating the games, if they serve to get more high profile jRPGs on Steam it'll be more than worth it.

Gbraga

Nah, not really, the criticism is deserved, but the game is gorgeous, has a great soundtrack and the combat is great. If those things are enough to motivate you to go through a way too linear JRPG, you'll probably enjoy it.

Volotaire

Haven't played most of the series, so I'm glad that I can slowly own most of the games on the PC. Modern FF games past FF6 look so intriguing to me.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'd be more than fine with this, just as long as I don't have to do certain things to get to it.

It's frustrating, is there any place to show our desire for dual-audio; Like some specific website/ twitter account? I'd pay for it (if it comes to that and is priced reasonably)

I think the demand doesn't outweigh the need to do some licensing agreements that aren't in place, at least in the eyes of the publisher.

squall211

On topic: Can't wait for this. I know I'm in the minority but I enjoyed each game in the trilogy.

Off topic: Is there any point to the trading cards? Do you just collect them for the sake of collecting them?

Gbraga

On topic: Can't wait for this. I know I'm in the minority but I enjoyed each game in the trilogy.

Off topic: Is there any point to the trading cards? Do you just collect them for the sake of collecting them?

You can make a badge that will increase your level, or, if you don't give a shit, you can sell it to people who do give a shit and get some free monies.

Just looked at the Japanese Steam store version via a proxy.

The following Asian languages are supported by the version of this game released for Japan and the rest of Asia.

Subtitles and interface: Japanese, Chinese (traditional), Korean, English
Voiceover: Japanese

No idea if it's even possible to buy a game from that store even though I live in the UK, or if it would be possible to play it without messing around with proxies or whatever. Not 100% sure on the legality of doing that either.

If I'm in the wrong in any way, gimmie a shout and I'll remove the post.

Danlord

Semi-related question for PC-GAF, but I'm building a computer and I'm only using an SSD for my primary storage, as it's mainly for University work. I have a 500GB USB 3.0 external HDD I'm using from the PS4's stock HDD so it'll be 5400RPM put into this enclosure.

My question is, will installing and running Final Fantasy XIII (and other big games like Skyrim) be a viable option if it's run from the external HDD?

Saiyan-Rox

Hmmmmmm tempted now due to mods....my luck and timing sucks lol suppose it will depend if its got a higher frame rate and is based of the ps3 and doesnt have the 360 compressed stuff

Zafir

Just looked at the Japanese Steam store version via a proxy.

The following Asian languages are supported by the version of this game released for Japan and the rest of Asia.

Subtitles and interface: Japanese, Chinese (traditional), Korean, English
Voiceover: Japanese

No idea if it's even possible to buy a game from that store even though I live in the UK, or if it would be possible to play it without messing around with proxies or whatever. Not 100% sure on the legality of doing that either.

If I'm in the wrong in any way, gimmie a shout and I'll remove the post.

Well it's region locked, so you'd have to mess around with proxy's to add it to your account.

It also has a run time lock too, so you'd need a proxy to run the game.

Top Bottom