• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Logash

Well I didn't expect all the negative reactions but I do think that the journey is just as important as all the big revelations so maybe that will save it Still gonna have to wait and judge for myself

Ketaya

I can't deal with all the horrible overreactions in this thread =/

People take no time to grasp on even the insignificant things just to talk shit about the game.

OMG, THE LEAKER WAS RIGHT ABOUT CHAPTER 0. THIS MAKES THE WHOLE GAME SHIT!

Ok. Whatever works for you, I guess. I'd rather wait for the final game and be the judge.

You guys do know that while the early leak might have some truth for the story, there is also a bunch of BS mixed with it. He even outright said that FFXVI will only be made if FFXV is a success.

The original KH story summarized in 10 sentences will sound like shit. It is no way to experience the story of a game, let alone use it to judge the whole game.

THIS. Especially when the few hints from press members that were at recent preview events were really positive so far. I mean even the article this thread is about reads completely positive.

Elven_Star

Isn't it strange that people almost want this game to be bad? So much negativity around here. I'm really curious to know why. Even if the leaks are true, we know next to nothing about the final version of the game.

The original KH story summarized in 10 sentences will sound like shit. It is no way to experience the story of a game, let alone use it to judge the whole game.
so you're saying...................that KH's story isn't shit?
TTf8CS0.png

Isn't it strange that people almost want this game to be bad? So much negativity around here. I'm really curious to know why. Even if the leaks are true, we know next to nothing about the final version of the game.

I've been noticing a significant amount of negativity towards a lot of games recently; whether NMS or FFXV. People wishing for things to fail. It confuses and befuddles me to be honest. Although I'd be sad if FFXV turned out bad. Was looking forward to it.

Bluenoser

thats literally how it has always worked for them...

If by always, you mean going back as far as FF14, then I agree, otherwise, wtf are you talking about? You telling me FFXIII was made on high end PC's, then for shits and giggles they waited 4 years to release it on PC?

Ray Down

Banned
It makes FFXIII look good...

Oh yeah the story about Gods wanting to cause genocide to meet there creators, by giving humans vague vision of what they want them to do...even though they can talk to them, or just destroy it themselves.

Also 2 girls turn into a ice statue to save the day randomly at the end. How did they know they could do that or work?

Sciortino

It's cool to hate on FFXV apparently. A lot of bandwagoning to be honest just for the sake of shitting on it.

the story summary is honestly the best part of the entire leak

simple and straight forward

but I guess y'all need that fal cie lcie whatever bullshit

rhandino

Banned
Kingdom Hearts games (even the first) have terrible stories but the games are more or less saved by the presentation, setting and characters interactions so maybe this happen here? Then again all the characters so far have been bad (imho) but I love the setting so maybe there is hope.

Ugh, I expected bad but if any of those leaks are real... Ugh.

#Pray4SE

chefbags

Leaker also said a reason for the delay is because Sony is being really strict with them about the Neo version and he wouldn't be surprised to see this slip into 2017.

That's literally a stupid reason. Why delay a game on a console we haven't seen till the 7th of September and one that's not even out yet.

Makes no sense to me lol.

Geg

I am starting to raise a few eyebrows over how many people sound shocked and disgusted that a JRPG has a story that sounds like it's from a JRPG

KingBroly

Banned
I don't know. I want the XVI that Verendus described, about the game being an evolution of XII by having a massive party of characters all controlled at the same time, and the game being directed by Ito. That sounds like it would require some budget; but maybe not. I guess graphics are what takes money, I guess.

At this point, Final Fantasy needs to go back to formula. And not in the 'Sonic's going back to its' roots (of SA1)' formula with Sonic 06, either. NES Final Fantasy formula. Turn-Based, Simple-Ass Story, no anime/Jpop, Jobs/Classes, Airships, etc.

artsi

I can't deal with all the horrible overreactions in this thread =/

People take no time to grasp on even the insignificant things just to talk shit about the game.

OMG, THE LEAKER WAS RIGHT ABOUT CHAPTER 0. THIS MAKES THE WHOLE GAME SHIT!

Ok. Whatever works for you, I guess. I'd rather wait for the final game and be the judge.

You guys do know that while the early leak might have some truth for the story, there is also a bunch of BS mixed with it. He even outright said that FFXVI will only be made if FFXV is a success.

Yup.

And anyway, someone knowing what happens literally right when you start the game doesn't sell me on the rest of the leak being true. A lot of people know about chapter 0 now, some could had access to it before and made up the rest.

Rodin

Thank god I didn't read it. Someone who read it. What is your overall impression of it. Good bad?
Bad might be an understatement.

It makes FFXIII look good...
Yeah, pretty much. I absolutely dislike FFXIII, but compared to how that post made FFXV look like, it's a functional game at least. Of course we don't know if that's 100% legit, but this stuff kinda makes it look like it so i can understand the reactions here.

I still hope that this being open world drags me in a bit more.

According to the article, their first look coverage goes live in about 40 mins. Is that when we'll also get the 30 minutes of footage?

I've been noticing a significant amount of negativity towards a lot of games recently; whether NMS or FFXV. People wishing for things to fail. It confuses and befuddles me to be honest. Although I'd be sad if FFXV turned out bad. Was looking forward to it.

schadenfreude

Ludens

Banned
What was that about? Didn't real em
A small number of cities, lot of shallow and empty overworld locations a la Duscae, 40 hours being stretched to 50 with fetch quests, the game being a tech mess with 2 playable hours from the intro, bland plot.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I had a feeling people will compare this game to FFXIII and will say how FFXIII was a much better game.

wiibomb

I've started to learn that the leaks from gaf often turns out to be about what the game offers in the end

I haven't read from any leaks yet, not even this one, but it worries me that it turns out to be a game as wildly hated as FFXIII.

May be a divisive game? No Man's Sky has tough me a hell lot about how gaf treats games as a collective mind

Ydelnae

That's literally a stupid reason. Why delay a game on a console we haven't seen till the 7th of September and one that's not even out yet.

It would make sense to me if Sony and S-E have some sort of deal with Neo bundles and FFXV is the only third-party bundle for the new console for the Christmas campaign or something like that. They would want the Neo version to be better than the regular one.

T.O.P

Banned
A small number of cities, lot of shallow and empty overworld locations a la Duscae, 40 hours being stretched to 50 with fetch quests, the game being a tech mess with 2 playable hours from the intro, bland plot.

Why do i have this pre-ordered again? and the 90$ version nonetheless

Fuck

Yes it is really strange. I don't get why people want games to fail in general. Like what does it matter to you? In less the developer team has actually shitty people not whether or not people get mad at them for DLC or a broken game. But like actually terrible people developing the game I don't see why anyone would exactly want it to fail.

I hate that we have to wait so much longer to play it now. But if it was unplayable, than I can begrudgingly accept that this is for the better.

xion4360

If by always, you mean going back as far as FF14, then I agree, otherwise, wtf are you talking about? You telling me FFXIII was made on high end PC's, then for shits and giggles they waited 4 years to release it on PC?

yes.. they develop on PC.. no secret.

I've noticed this weird sense of confirmation bias with every thread that comes up with this game. People latching onto whatever negativity they can find. I think it's okay to be skeptical, but the negativity surrounding FFXV is becoming a bit ridiculous. On GAF specifically.

diaspora

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it. The other cities are JRPG town sized, nothing special. Most of the map is empty land.
Glad I preordered this for $35 after tax.

I don't know. I want the XVI that Verendus described, about the game being an evolution of XII by having a massive party of characters all controlled at the same time, and the game being directed by Ito. That sounds like it would require some budget; but maybe not. I guess graphics are what takes money, I guess.

Yeah, that'd honestly be pretty perfect to me. Those basic systems wouldn't cost so much money, though making the UI not overly busy and making it easy to tell what's going on with 5/6/7 characters onscreen at once would of course take some design work and a lot of internal revisions. But yeah, it's assets and overall coding/QA that require the most work and the most money, not writing or design.

Asd202

Leaked Sony documents back when PS4K leaked said that every game released starting from October 2016 needs to have a Neo mode and game releasing in September need to have a patch for Neo. Basically Sony won't allow them to release a game on PS4 without Neo mode on November.

That sounds like the new Star Ocean. I have no faith that they can make it work this time

bigol

All Final Fantasy stories sound terrible if you just read the Wikipedia plot synopsis, let alone if you condense them into 10 sentences intentionally structured to make the plot sound bad.

Yeah. If you try to make a ff x synopsis you will basically say it's a garbage story.

Tidus goes to future through Sin.Auron throws him to Sin. In future Spira he meets Yuna.
Yuna must defeat Sin, he joins her and her group. Seymour is the bad guy trying to achieve power and tries to marry Yuna.
Yuna refuses after discovering Seymour killed his own father.
Group defeat Seymour over and over again.
They reach Zanarkand, manage to defeat Sin ( in reality Sin is Tidus father,Jecht)
Yu Yevon is the real final boss.
Tidus disappears after Sin is defeated
The end.

Ray Down

Banned
Glad I preordered this for $35 after tax.

Does this sound sightly better:

Many towns, few but expensively detailed and gorgeous cities.

Yes, the world feels empty. From what i gathered, they kinda wanted that after some point in the developpement.

The game is all about the journey so you need to believe in this journey by crossing huge land masses with you car. Hopefully, there are many great environnements to look for.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/346221413

Ran rp

Literally every single fear I had.

Bluenoser

Yes it is really strange. I don't get why people want games to fail in general. Like what does it matter to you? In less the developer team has actually shitty people not whether or not people get mad at them for DLC or a broken game. But like actually terrible people developing the game I don't see why anyone would exactly want it to fail.

I think people have honestly lost faith in the FF team to deliver a quality product.

Top Bottom