• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 coming in May | Trailer at E3, more at Gamescom

LuuKyK

Couldn't finish the demo because of how clunky it was. Will gladly wait for 2.0 and give it another go....2.0 worked wonders for XIV :)

They actually directly mentioned the XIV re-launch and how open the devs were as a direction they are taking with XV because it worked with ARR.

Flandy

Erm

Final-Fantasy-15-Cindy.jpg

I'm pretty sure she would've at least worn a T instead.

Why does she look different in the shot to the left?

Pappasman

Said it in the other thread but damn, I really like Nocits' voice being super deep.

and yeah, Cindy's design is super fucking stupid.

You know better this than eight years silence. At least we know they're making progress somehow..

koutoru

I remember when Japanese games used to be toned down in difficultly for western audiences.
It's interesting to see the situation now.

I don't get why they'd rather bullshit around Cindy's design when that would be one of he easiest complaints to address. Seriously, just put a shirt on under her jacket and make her shorts longer or turn them into straight up full jeans.

Dereck

To the people who didn't buy Type-0, are we just screwed when it comes to playing this demo, or the updated version

benzy

I can't believe they're actually updating a demo... How much time does this stuff take out of the game development anyway?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I remember when Japanese games used to be toned down in difficultly for western audiences.
It's interesting to see the situation now.

Its always been the case that the Japanese games were more difficult in the west than japan for a variety of reasons, all the way back to NES.(due the rental situation).

Even DMC had to get retconned in the DMC 3 Special edition cause Japanese gamers complained the original game was super hard. Its also the same reason why Ninja Gaiden got the Ninja Dog mode, Japanese gamers complained.

Sandfox

I didn't like the gameplay at all so I'm interested in seeing what changes.

I can't believe they're actually updating a demo... How much time does this stuff take out of the game development anyway?

Well the tweaks made to the demo are probably going to be in the actual game.

Boss Mog

Man is this shit ever gonna come out?

All I can hope for is that Hiroyuki Ito is using all this extra time to make FFXVI the best FF ever.

Permanently A

I'm surprised by those Japan stats. 20% stopped playing because they didn't understand the goal? There was even a quest marker and everything.

Also I agree with the Cidney stuff. Playing it with a couple of friends and we just had to laugh at how ridiculous it was. I definitely wouldn't visit Cidney while my parents were around.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The Director stated "she's actually not meant to be an erotic character", but that she's supposed to be an energetic outdoorsy character and she's a mechanic, so the dress is normal.

"She's a mechanic, so we accentuated that by giving her a top that's too small to ever be properly zipped, bursting her breasts forward as a centered camera angle whenever possible, and ensuring the player could see the edges of her underwear at all times.

I'm surprised by those Japan stats. 20% stopped playing because they didn't understand the goal? There was even a quest marker and everything.

Also I agree with the Cidney stuff. Playing it with a couple of friends and we just had to laugh at how ridiculous it was. I definitely wouldn't visit Cidney while my parents were around.

Hm, maybe 20% called it quits because they couldn't piece together getting and using the summon to kill the behemoth?

Oh and yeah, agreed. Although, to be honest. I was more more irked by her VA work. That had me cringing more.

Changes for the demo are going to be the the changes for the final game, it isn't like they are forking into developing two different types of a single game.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
More on Cindy:

Honestly, I don't really see an issue with Cidney's design (although some can argue the realism in an engineer's outfit). Plus, the comment about parents in the living room seems to be targeted towards a much younger audience. In addition, I would say GTA strip clubs are much more obscene compared to Cidney's outfit and overall camera work in XV.

"She's a mechanic, so we accentuated that by giving her a top that's too small to ever be properly zipped, bursting her breasts forward as a centered camera angle whenever possible, and ensuring the player could see the edges of her underwear at all times.

"But it's a videogame! You can't compare it to real life!

Hold up, what's that?

Oh, they compared her outfit to real life mechanics and called it normal in comparison?

Well, shit...there goes my argument."

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Honestly, I don't really see an issue with Cidney's design (although some can argue the realism in an engineer's outfit). Plus, the comment about parents in the living room seems to be targeted towards a much younger audience. In addition, I would say GTA strip clubs are much more obscene compared to Cidney's outfit and overall camera work in XV.
You would expect a strip club to have nudity and women dressed in an erotic way, not a mechanic, unless ofc that mechanic seemingly was designed to be like a sexy halloween version of an actual mechanic.
Everytime people criticize something sexist from Japan GTA seems to be brought up.

Aeana

Strip clubs are strip clubs... the employees of such establishments are paid to strip. How is that remotely similar to a mechanic?

sensui-tomo

As i posted in another thread, I hope that the abusive relationship couple show up in the main game, would be nice to see them in various towns as a ongoing gag in the game.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Strip clubs are strip clubs... the employees of such establishments are paid to strip. How is that remotely similar to a mechanic?

Yeah I know. I'm simply saying the portrayal of Cidney is less awkward in the presence of parents versus strippers.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I feel it's kind of hard to blame him when googling girl mechanic brings up stuff like this, especially if he hasn't been to America that much. American films and car culture usually always sexualizes female mechanics. :\

https://www.google.com/search?q=gir...STsQT-54HQBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=624
You see, the best thing to do would be to actually go out and see women mechanics, if you're gonna use real life as reference, then don't just use the internet. Although i'm sure they didn't just google girl mechanic and call it a day. Feel like his comment is worth a topic of it's own due to how little he seems to understand the implication.

aly

Right. All of my mechanics dress like that.

Maybe the only female mechanics they've seen is that one Meghan Fox scene in Transformers. It would make more sense that way, lol.

Yeah I know. I'm simply saying the portrayal of Cidney is less awkward in the presence of parents versus strippers.

Well yeah, but playing something like GTA means you don't care about parents in the first place. FF has an obviously younger fanbase that would play in front of their parents.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know how to send them feedback, but it's kind of shit that the party is all dressed in black. Would be nice to see them in different color tones and styles.

Top Bottom