• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 coming in May | Trailer at E3, more at Gamescom

Talax

Doesn't sound like they're going to change the design instead not have the camera focused on her ass and breasts. I still think we shouldn't be able to see a thong coming out of her. How in the hell can you tell me that is a design that you would feel comfortable showing to your parents.

They just have to say it's a string bikini she wears underneath at all times and that's it. People won't know the difference!! XD

I don't know how to send them feedback, but it's kind of shit that the party is all dressed in black. Would be nice to see them in different color tones and styles.

They said the party's look won't change (you can change armor, but that won't be visible).

Jamaro85

I'm glad to see them taking feedback seriously and trying to improve the game based on it, but reading that list makes the game come off as a mess (haven't played it myself).

wmlk

I don't know how to send them feedback, but it's kind of shit that the party is all dressed in black. Would be nice to see them in different color tones and styles.
The whole point is that they're young adults from a Tokyo-esque city that has night and death as its main themes. There's another city in the game that wears all white too. It's a thematic thing. They could add some colour, but I like how extreme it is with its themes.

They partnered with Roen, a Japanese fashion company for the designs. They won't change.

Crocodile

You see, the best thing to do would be to actually go out and see women mechanics, if you're gonna use real life as reference, then don't just use the internet. Although i'm sure they didn't just google girl mechanic and call it a day. Feel like his comment is worth a topic of it's own due to how little he seems to understand the implication.

I'm not in the dudes head but when I read that, I interpreted it to be the attire is "normal" for the "fantasy of female mechanic" (those Google images demonstrate what that looks like when taken to its extreme) not "normal" for what a professional female mechanic would actually wear in real life. Not to say you have to like the design of course but it seems obvious to me they weren't trying to be accurate to real life or were referencing "real life" when they said normal. When the full transcript comes out I could be wrong though :p

Hopeford

Man, can I just say that I actually really love this approach they are having of actually listening to feedback, explaining design choices and revising the game to go with it? I know that not every game can have a developmental cycle like this for a lot of reasons, but I just really appreciate this. It's really interesting to see it like that, it feels so...honest.

I feel it's kind of hard to blame him when googling girl mechanic brings up stuff like this, especially if he hasn't been to America that much. American films and car culture usually always sexualizes female mechanics. :\

"she's a mechanic, so the dress is normal (for google image searches pushing up the most clicked pics by horny boys)!"

Oh wait, what's this?

If you don't infantilise the females to "girls", and instead search for "women mechanics" with Safesearch turned on:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.91665533,d.d2s&dpr=1

ib6h3FeXpOdNH.jpg

:p

Wow this is fantastic if true.

Releasing a demo in a clearly incomplete state to get feedback, then actually incorporating it and releasing an update to see what people think is amazing, and helps ensure the game is what it should be.

As a creator it can be hard to judge your work, so outside feedback is very useful.

And I actually don't mind locking it behind Type-0, a demo used to actually improve the game should be locked to the fanbase, you don't really need a bunch of feedback from 12 year old primarily CoD players that downloaded the demo off the store just 'cause.

Iconic as in a perfect example of stuff that should really stop being so commonplace in japanese video games. Her, Quiet, and that witch character from SO5.

Why shouldn't be common cause you don't like it? It's Japan. They should have a censored version for the west then. The reduced her bust size compared to the pre rendered model. Her look is good. She'd be boring if she was in overalls or something else as basic. At the end of the day though it's fine with me

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm not in the dudes head but when I read that, I interpreted it to be the attire is "normal" for the "fantasy of female mechanic" (those Google images demonstrate what that looks like when taken to its extreme) not "normal" for what a professional female mechanic would actually wear in real life. Not to say you have to like the design of course but it seems obvious to me they weren't trying to be accurate to real life or were referencing "real life" when they said normal. When the full transcript comes out I could be wrong though :p
The "fantasy based on reality thing" and the relatively normal (albeit boy bandy) look of the main cast, including Stella is why she sticks out and just seems like a pandering character design.

Man, can I just say that I actually really love this approach they are having of actually listening to feedback, explaining design choices and revising the game to go with it? I know that not every game can have a developmental cycle like this for a lot of reasons, but I just really appreciate this. It's really interesting to see it like that, it feels so...honest.
You should try early access games then.

Why shouldn't be common cause you don't like it? It's Japan. Th
Because we're at a time where more and more people are becoming vocal against this childish pandering and trying to be more progressive for female gamers and so that gaming can be taken more seriously. This is definitely the case in the west where we're trying to create stronger female characters who are also designed respectfully instead of being eye candy. It's more boring to resort to designing eye candy actually compared to interesting designs.

Something like this
tumblr_nh10n0K4951qc06c1o1_540.jpg

is visually interesting and goes way more inline with the personality they described, especially the "not meant to be erotic comment" compared to this
tumblr_nldimf7vWA1r6usnpo5_540.png

Woo putting words in Tabata's mouth to make the attitude towards Cidney's presentation seem worse than it really is! yay!

They should give some sort of update on whether or not they got approval from first party to patch episode duscae. A few more weeks for duscae 2.0 at this point. XV not being at e3 sucks, but it adds to the notion of gamescom > e3!

The laughable thing about the Cindy statement is the absurd need to lie.

Most people realize it's a lie and the people who don't weren't people who cared if they made excuses about her outfit, anyway. They're the target audience for whom she was designed.

benzy

You see, the best thing to do would be to actually go out and see women mechanics, if you're gonna use real life as reference, then don't just use the internet. Although i'm sure they didn't just google girl mechanic and call it a day. Feel like his comment is worth a topic of it's own due to how little he seems to understand the implication.

Point is female mechanics being overly sexualized is all over American culture, either in Hollywood, TV shows, car magazines or car shows, which is what all of the internet pics show. It's probably more ingrained in America than Hooter's girls in skimpy shorts. I can understand him seeing it as normal in terms of culture if he has a rather limited exposure to living in the US. Or maybe they're all pervs at SE.

"she's a mechanic, so the dress is normal (for google image searches pushing up the most clicked pics by horny boys)!"

Oh wait, what's this?

If you don't infantilise the females to "girls", and instead search for "women mechanics" with Safesearch turned on:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.91665533,d.d2s&dpr=1

ib6h3FeXpOdNH.jpg

:p

Damn you. Lol.

Talax

Boss★Moogle;161881219 said:
Man is this shit ever gonna come out?

All I can hope for is that Hiroyuki Ito is using all this extra time to make FFXVI the best FF ever.

How can anyone make games while cleaning toilets? I don't really think it's possible.

wrowa

I didn't think the demo was too hot, but it's just great and relieving to see that the developers are open to criticism and even show off a bunch of player data. I really like what they are doing these days.

How can anyone make games while cleaning toilets? I don't really think it's possible.

Maybe FFXVI is a fantasy based on janitors =P

Anyway, Type-0 HD digital still comes with the demo, right? I think I'll buy if only to keep a version of the first demo.

zakujanai

I'm proud of Europe for calling them on the irritating over-sexualised Cindy crap.

Seriously though, like it matters. We're never getting this game.

Point is female mechanics being overly sexualized is all over American culture, either in Hollywood, TV shows, car magazines or car shows, which is what all of the internet pics show. It's probably more ingrained in America than Hooter's girls in skimpy shorts. I can understand him seeing it as normal in terms of culture if he has a rather limited exposure to living in the US. Or maybe they're all pervs at SE.

Or

Considering she's in a every screenshot blast of FFXV

She's there so people who are attracted to her bought Type-0 HD

So they want to update the demo with whatever they've fixed/added in April. They doubt they'll update it more after that.

Also, the demo update isn't a sure thing yet since demos have apparently never been updated on consoles, so they're working with MS and Sony to see if that's possible.
*crosses fingers*

Falk

that puzzling face
Sounds like gameplay will be much different just by the probable dodge roll. It remains to be seen if it's for the better or worse.

I can't believe people were so caught up with the graphics for a demo that's 1.5 years out...

The dodge roll was in the game design but not in the demo.

The big change is animation cancelling. Related but distinct.

(And again from my personal understanding not everything is cancellable and they're sticking to their guns about the focus being making Noctis feel grounded compared to the typical action game moveset)

Crossing Eden

Damn you. Lol.
He basically had the reply that I would've had.

Because of Bloodborne I haven't played episode Duscae yet. Might wait for the patch now...
Play it, and suffer through animation prioritized combat.

Talax

Maybe FFXVI is a fantasy based on janitors =P

Anyway, Type-0 HD digital still comes with the demo, right? I think I'll buy if only to keep a version of the first demo.

Final ultimate weapon: Masamune plunger

So they want to update the demo with whatever they've fixed/added in April. They doubt they'll update it more after that.

Also, the demo update isn't a sure thing yet since demos have apparently never been updated on consoles, so they're working with MS and Sony to see if that's possible.
*crosses fingers*

Wait so it's not set in stone then? They shouldn't have mentioned before confirming. :/

pszet0

Banned
My biggest takeaways from the presentation:

- Frame rate is priority
- Dodge roll in full game
- Attack cancellation
- Aiming for simultaneous release

LuuKyK

If a mod could update the thread title saying that the new demo should be coming out in May it would be welcome.

Maybe change the rest of the title to "Teaser at E3, full trailer at Gamescon" or something like that.

Thanks.

wmlk

(And again from my personal understanding not everything is cancellable and they're sticking to their guns about the focus being making Noctis feel grounded compared to the typical action game moveset)
That's what I felt too, since they felt the need to bring up how it would be in the full game to explain why things are the way they are in the demo.

Animation cancelling can break the game if not balanced. I guess they could go about this is to have a greater MP cost, or add a perk to a sword so you can animation cancel.

The Next ATR is aiming to be scheduled for the end of May considering FFXV won't have any big announcements for E3. It will be a continuation of the the evaluation of the survey results as this ATR was only a preliminary evaluation. Also as of April 10th, Tabata and his team had not actually seen any of the survey results and as such hadn't incorporated any feedback from them yet.

Considering their comments about making 1-handed swords feel faster, combined with the camera and lock-on tweaks, the game is going to feel immensely more responsive. It'll be great to get our hands on it.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Next ATR is aiming to be scheduled for the end of May considering FFXV won't have any big announcements for E3. It will be a continuation of the the evaluation of the survey results as this ATR was only a preliminary evaluation. Also as of April 10th, Tabata and his team had not actually seen any of the survey results and as such hadn't incorporated any feedback from them yet.

Another important distinction is that regardless, as of April 10th there already were improvements especially to lock on. Quite a bit of the feedback were things that they also had noticed internally.

much like hitstun despite how much herp derp internet won chest beating there was

Crossing Eden

That's what I felt too, since they felt the need to bring up how it would be in the full game to explain why things are the way they are in the demo.

Animation cancelling can break the game if not balanced. I guess they could go about this is to have a greater MP cost, or add a perk to a sword so you can animation cancel.
How so?

Philippo

Glad they're taking this open approach to developement and fan feedback, i'm sure this will lead to a better game (i hope), i just fear they'll become too dependant on this and change the game too much from how envisioned, and that all this tweaking will push the game further.

Also, really sad i'll have to wait 2 more months for a full blowout...
E3 is a much better stage for this game :/

Something like this
tumblr_nh10n0K4951qc06c1o1_540.jpg

Wow these are really good.

Top Bottom